Damning Statistic

gsa

Two yellow cards. 

We couldn't even turn the game into a scrap, we couldn't even up the intensity and make them feel like they'd have to battle. 

I'm not one of these morons that thinks pointless fouls and yellow cards make up for being beat but at the same time, you can't just bend over. 

We talked at length last season about them rolling up to Ibrox and swaggering around, doing what they want. Is anybody listening?

Two yellow cards picked up by a young Colunbian who seems to have more fight than the rest of the team put together and a Portuguese ( who despite what anyone says about his ability, tries his heart out) 

Sums it all up really. 

I hope Jack and Dorrans are utterly mortified this morning. 

More importantly I hope someone with a blazer on is mortified. Will the penny finally drop? 

Just now, A.T.G said:

The two yellow cards were great to watch. Dorrans, Jack and Pena should have took turns to leave their mark on Brown. 

It was clear Pena wasn't going to last 90. Why not put a hard challenge on brown before he went off? No balls or nous that's why. 

Keeping discipline is a key part to winning Old Firm games.  If one of our players made a stupid challenge and was subsequently sent off they would be getting dogs abuse on here today.  

Also, it's possible to fight and battle it out without committing needless fouls and getting booked.  

Just now, gsa said:

It was clear Pena wasn't going to last 90. Why not put a hard challenge on brown before he went off? No balls or nous that's why. 

They haven't been told to do so and correctly they didn't have the nous either.

Walter Smith would have let them known so to me it either comes down to Pedro not instructing them right or the players not willing to follow instructions.

Well said, I hope someone at Ibrox is taking note of the mood among fans. 

Getting beat in a football match is one thing, allowing them to run a mock with zero respect to our stadium and fans, treating us with utter contempt unchallenged and unchecked is utterly unacceptable! 

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Keeping discipline is a key part to winning Old Firm games.  If one of our players made a stupid challenge and was subsequently sent off they would be getting dogs abuse on here today.  

Also, it's possible to fight and battle it out without committing needless fouls and getting booked.  

this, cunts were wanting pena to break browns legs before he was subbed, this is at 1-0 at home when there's still a chance of getting back into the game, fuck me

you either lay down a marker right at the start, or you do it when its 5-0, you dont do it when the game is still balanced, and given how the game went yesterday if we laid down a marker early on we'd have got a red off thomson, he coul;dnt wait to book morelos after letting them away with murder

11 minutes ago, gsa said:

More importantly I hope someone with a blazer on is mortified. Will the penny finally drop? 

No chance. As soon as the board starting talking about building bridges with the people who tried to destroy us they set the example that we will just lie down and be walked over and that's continued to this day.

Needs to be more aggression. Kevin Thomson's recent interview where he said that Walter told him to go out and get booked in the first five minutes comes to mind.

If our current crop of players can't go out and lay in a hard challenge without it being a red card then they are not very bright. 

Reality is there were few opportunities for our players to go in firm and hard and all of them were passed up.

10 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Disagree, 

Big tackles early on were the hallmark of Old Firm games set down a marker. 

Kevin Thomson quoted Walter Smith saying as much in pre match team talks.

There's a difference between being a headcase and getting sent off, and taking a booking and letting the man you are up against know you are there early on and he's not getting it all his way. 

I don't think jack did anything wrong yesterday. I won't try and make any excuses for him but I just wonder if his red against hibs has played on his mind as I don't think he wants to let us down again. I'm probably wrong but mentioned to the guy next to me that jack has a bit of dig but just wouldn't let it happen yesterday, he's far from a shitebag 

49 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

this, cunts were wanting pena to break browns legs before he was subbed, this is at 1-0 at home when there's still a chance of getting back into the game, fuck me

you either lay down a marker right at the start, or you do it when its 5-0, you dont do it when the game is still balanced, and given how the game went yesterday if we laid down a marker early on we'd have got a red off thomson, he coul;dnt wait to book morelos after letting them away with murder

You're a smart one. 

Nobody said he'll should break his legs. A yellow cards challenge to at least get in his face, committed by a player going off anyway would have been the professional thing to do. 

So Dorrans and Jack should be mortified that they didn't get booked? 

You get booked for things like mis-timing tackles and conceding fouls. I'm happy enough that we didn't do too much of that. 

Also, reading too much into yellow cards in a game that Thomson refereed is utterly pointless.

49 minutes ago, gsa said:

You're a smart one. 

Nobody said he'll should break his legs. A yellow cards challenge to at least get in his face, committed by a player going off anyway would have been the professional thing to do. 

Whats a yellow card tackle to scott brown or any other tarrier when his team is winning 1-0 away to their greatest rivals

3 hours ago, Bighouse said:

"Damnin Statistics" could be their own sub forum.

A mate of mine said yesterday we are closing in on decade without a win at the piggery or successive wins against them

We went four seasons without playing there so I'm not sure its as bad as it sounds.

If it was a decade in the same division it would be different. Last win there would have been 3-1 in 2010 I think?

6 hours ago, bluenose244 said:

Disagree, 

Big tackles early on were the hallmark of Old Firm games set down a marker. 

Kevin Thomson quoted Walter Smith saying as much in pre match team talks.

There's a difference between being a headcase and getting sent off, and taking a booking and letting the man you are up against know you are there early on and he's not getting it all his way. 

To be fair mate .  Jimbeam said as much . We would have probably had man sent off early doors .And I agree.

Thompson had an away win on his pay cheque  all day long

6 hours ago, gsa said:

Two yellow cards. 

We couldn't even turn the game into a scrap, we couldn't even up the intensity and make them feel like they'd have to battle. 

I'm not one of these morons that thinks pointless fouls and yellow cards make up for being beat but at the same time, you can't just bend over. 

We talked at length last season about them rolling up to Ibrox and swaggering around, doing what they want. Is anybody listening?

Two yellow cards picked up by a young Colunbian who seems to have more fight than the rest of the team put together and a Portuguese ( who despite what anyone says about his ability, tries his heart out) 

Sums it all up really. 

I hope Jack and Dorrans are utterly mortified this morning. 

While I find it hard to condone bookings for bookings sake - a quote from souness always stick in my head - he said something to the effect of -' if a games not going your way the players need to do something to change it - a bit of magic, a trick, something outrageous or EVEN A REALLY HARD TACKLE - something to get the crowd on side and driving you on'