Lloyd

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Sounds like a start has been made and we are moving in the right direction. Does Bomber have any experience in scouting? it says in the piece he has a track record of this and I was wondering when that was. Also judging by that, Brown is essentially covering the UK, Dave Swanick covers Europe and Bille Mclaren gets promoted to give them a hand.

I dont wish to sound negative,  - and you have to start somewhere - but you get a sense of the magnitude of the task by that statement, rather than be buoyed by it. Certainly, I do.

Maybe because winter is coming I'm going into a downer.

He used to be a scout under Walter. Was him that identified Cuellar. 

19 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Sounds like a start has been made and we are moving in the right direction. Does Bomber have any experience in scouting? it says in the piece he has a track record of this and I was wondering when that was. Also judging by that, Brown is essentially covering the UK, Dave Swanick covers Europe and Bille Mclaren gets promoted to give them a hand.

I dont wish to sound negative,  - and you have to start somewhere - but you get a sense of the magnitude of the task by that statement, rather than be buoyed by it. Certainly, I do.

Maybe because winter is coming I'm going into a downer.

He done some scouting for Smith, went and watched our European opponents and by all accounts brought back some detailed reports. Think it's fairly well known that he played a key role in scouting out Cuellar too.

If he can play a part in getting anyone of Cuellars ability again I think we'd all be delighted.

5 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

He also scouted Tav and Carlos Cuellar.

please don’t let that stand in the way of moaning for the sake of it though.

There are plenty on here who are never happy and love moaning and whinging just for the sake of it.

Me personally, I was happier when we had Neil Murray as our sole scout :whistle:

Fod[1].gif

6 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

He done some scouting for Smith, went and watched our European opponents and by all accounts brought back some detailed reports. Think it's fairly well known that he played a key role in scouting out Cuellar too.

If he can play a part in getting anyone of Cuellars ability again I think we'd all be delighted.

good, I wasn't jumping on brown, i just wanted to know his experience in this role.

16 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

He also scouted Tav and Carlos Cuellar.

please don’t let that stand in the way of moaning for the sake of it though.

Had a wee Google to see what his scouting background was.

"It was Bomber who brought Carlos Cuellar to the club after scouting him playing for Osasuna. Every time we had European ties Walter Smith would send Bomber to watch the opposition and he would always bring back a very thorough and qualified opinion on the opposition.”- mccoist.

50 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

1 appointment out of many and that’s what you choose to focus on ffs.

Place is full of fucking spacemen these days.

Rm has always had a nut job element but fuck me it's been wild on here recently 

The important point from all this is that they are building up a player database whereby physical scouting is just a small part of it. So when the new manager identifies for instance the need for a left back they can have 5 or 6 candidates identified readily for further viewing.