five stars

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

His heart is in the right place and I agree he has done ok but I do think we can do much better. He is energetic and neat and tidy in possession but not inventive enough for my liking.

We are in no position to be so picky I'm afraid. For our current situation he's a great squad player who can step up to the first team for a run of games when required. 

Never understood the slating he used to take last season. Reading it you would have thought he was a high profile, big money signing that was flopping rather than a reliable bargain basement pick up from Hearts. I think he’s a great player to have in the squad and he’s somebody who’s young enough to be at the club for a long time.

I was critical of him a few weeks ago but I can certainly see what he brings, he was terrific the other night there. 

Ideally going forward I'd like to McCrorie moved back to CB, and a midfield 3 of Jack, Holt and Dorrans. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

I was critical of him a few weeks ago but I can certainly see what he brings, he was terrific the other night there. 

Ideally going forward I'd like to McCrorie moved back to CB, and a midfield 3 of Jack, Holt and Dorrans. 

I think Mccrorie in the holding role is where we start building the team around.

Looking forward to a midfield of Jack and Holt with McCrorie behind them and Dorrans in front.

We have DJ and Tav giving us width on the wings (whether we like it or not in Tav's case), so can afford to be more compact in midfield.

With Fod doing his stuff in goal and a front two of Morelos and Windass, that's a team that should cement 2nd as a minimum.

But aye, Holt deserves his place after recent performances.

2 hours ago, OneDavidCooper said:

His heart is in the right place and I agree he has done ok but I do think we can do much better. He is energetic and neat and tidy in possession but not inventive enough for my liking.

Sometimes you need the guys to do the dirty work for your flair players to do their stuff, 

Holt might not pounce on a defensive error and play a great through ball to the striker, but he's the one that caused the defensive mistake in the first place with his shutting down and harassing the opposition 

Like a lot have said ive never really understood why some don't only not rate him they actually seem to think hes shit. His misfortune has been that hes been playing in a poor team. The best display ive seen from a Rangers player in the last 3 or 4 players was his against hibs at Christmas 2 year ago. He really was excellent that night.

29 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

Looking forward to a midfield of Jack and Holt with McCrorie behind them and Dorrans in front.

We have DJ and Tav giving us width on the wings (whether we like it or not in Tav's case), so can afford to be more compact in midfield.

With Fod doing his stuff in goal and a front two of Morelos and Windass, that's a team that should cement 2nd as a minimum.

But aye, Holt deserves his place after recent performances.

Tav cannot play without someone in front of him willing to track back, funnily enough tavs been brutal last two games without candeias doing work for him wide right

13 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tav cannot play without someone in front of him willing to track back, funnily enough tavs been brutal last two games without candeias doing work for him wide right

I agree, in a 442 the right mid has to cover for Tav.

But from what we've seen in this diamond formation, McCrorie sitting deeper gives the centre halves more support and allows the right sided centre half to cover for Tav.