Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Firstly, not a single quote from the agent who is alleged to be demanding urgent talks..... 

This is standard business in football where contracts are made but if a player does well it is renewed in favour of both parties. He came here at a certain price and was paid accordingly, which he was happy with at the time.

In 6 months that value has rocketed due to performances and it's right and only natural that both sides look at what this means in their interests.

If we can't pay him what an 8m player in Scotland deserves then we have a problem. And one we need to find a solution for. If we can find and afford the salary then we get the contract extended too in a way we deem suitable to us, ie add year(s) to it, buy out clauses etc.

This article has suggested an urgency probably to try to say the player is now unsettled, mere days after the closure of the window. I think the dust needs to settle on it all and I'm confident MA will turn his concentration rightly from transfer dealing to the contracts of the current squad not just AM that need reviewed.

Spot on mate. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Siwel said:

Alfredo Morelos demanding pay rise on £7,000-a-week Rangers deal

By Stephen Mcgowan For The Scottish Daily Mail 01:49, 02 Feb 2018, updated 01:49, 02 Feb 2018

Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos was subject to interest from Beijing Renhe

They offered £8million for 21-year-old, but Rangers opted to keep him at Ibrox

He is on less than £7k a week at Rangers, and player now wants a pay rise 

Morelos' camp are now seeking talks as a matter of urgency following window

Alfredo Morelos is demanding a pay rise after Rangers rejected bids worth £8million from Chinese suitors Beijing Renhe.

The 21-year-old striker, who was an unused substitute in Wednesday night's Scottish Cup win over Fraserburgh, is one of the lower paid first-team players at Ibrox on less than £7,000 a week.

And the Colombian's agents now want talks with Rangers director of football Mark Allen next week after the club rejected three life-changing offers for the forward from the Chinese Super Leagueclub.

Alfredo Morelos was an unused substitute for Rangers' win over Fraserburgh on Wednesday

The club rejected three life-changing offers for the forward from China's Beijing Renhe

Discussions about an increase in wages for Morelos were always planned between Allen and the striker's representatives.

However, the player's camp are now seeking talks as a matter of urgency after interim manager Graeme Murty conceded that Morelos had been left 'confused' by recent events.

With the Chinese transfer window open until February 28, Morelos could *still* make the move.

But Rangers believe he can increase his value substantially if he finishes the season as Scotland's top scorer and breaks into the Colombian national team.

'I've made that decision, I want Alfredo to be here,' said boss Murty after the 3-0 win over Fraserburgh.

'We have to make sure Alfredo understands our position because we are not trying to derail anything for him, we are just trying to take care of him and the club at the same time.

'We believe we can do that, we believe we can get him to the next level.'

Provided Morelos now gets his head straight and adds to the 13 goals he's already scored for the team, the Colombian World Cup squad becomes a realistic ambition.

Morelos is now understood to want an increase on his current deal, worth less than £7k a week

In that instance, lucrative offers will continue to arrive.

More immediately and more importantly as far as his team-mates are concerned, though, putting the issue on the back-burner for the time being can only bode well for a team slowly building momentum.

'We're glad he's staying,' said Josh Windass, the hat-trick hero against Fraserburgh at Bellslea Park. 'He's obviously a good player, he's a goal-scorer.

'He's top scorer in the league and he's done really well since coming to Rangers.

'Nobody wants to lose a goalscorer.

'Morelos is a good lad, all the boys get on well with each other. We've got good banter and it's a really good dressing room.

'The window is now closed so we know what we're going with for the remainder of the season. I think we're in a better place now.'

Morelos' representatives have asked for urgent talks to improve the young striker's deal

On and off the field, January was a good month for Rangers. Victories over Aberdeen, Ross County and Fraserburgh were coupled with the additions of Russell Martin, Jamie Murphy, Sean Goss and Jason Cummings.

Keeping Morelos in the face of eye-watering offers from China added to the sense that momentum finally building around the club.

A season that started in humiliation with defeat to Progres Niederkorn could yet offer much at its denouement. Seven years since the club last lifted a major trophy, the Scottish Cup seems a realistic proposition.

'The aim is obviously to try and get to the final and lift the trophy,' Windass added.

'It's been a long while since we won a major trophy and all the players who are here at the moment know that.

'That's what we're trying to do, though. We want to be part of history and we want to win trophies for the club because the fans deserve that. We are all committed and we all believe we can do that.'

Why do our fans use newspaper articles to support their own mindsets, when we as a fanbase have nothing but contempt towards journalists. 

I certainly take no notice of anything journalists write in any publication, from my point of view they have all had a negative role where our club is concerned over the last 5-6 years.

It truly doesn't matter what this journo wrote or even to a lesser extent what Morelose's thoughts are, modern day football is more and more becoming the domain of players agents, these parasites are employed by players to maximise their personal earnings throughout their careers, and the agents are rewarded with a fair percentage of those players earnings.

Basically what I'm trying to say is if the agent of Morelos says he is going to China then China he will go to, his agent will never allow a player to sign a contract that can affect his possibility of creaming his share off any potential Morelos transfer.

28 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Been here 5 mins and won or achieved fuck all yet. Something tells me this isn't going to end well and should have sold when the £8m was on the table. 

Been here 5 mins and outscored every other player in Scotland. That's a very impressive personal stat given the value of other strikers particularly in the east end.

What has winning trophies got to do with an individual's value? If we win the Scottish cup with Halliday and Niko on the park (miracles can and do happen ) do they suddenly become highly valuable assets?

This may or may not work out but it's a great problem to have, and one that as a selling club I hope happens time and time again.

It's almost as if you're despondent and pulling negatives from the situation with pliers. Strange outlook but hey ho.

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

We have kinda backed ourselves into a corner with this one.....if we knocked back 8million trying to hold out for 10million then he can rightly demand to be the highest paid player at the club as he is now our most valuable asset.....offer him a new 3 and a half year deal and put his money up to 16k, at least we are backing up his value when we eventually move him on....plus their is a danger with every player nowadays of him throwing the toys out the pram to force a move b4 the Chinese window closes.

Why would he accept 16 and a half thousand a week when he can get £30 k elsewhere

1 minute ago, TT blueteen said:

Why do our fans use newspaper articles to support their own mindsets, when we as a fanbase have nothing but contempt towards journalists. 

I certainly take no notice of anything journalists write in any publication, from my point of view they have all had a negative role where our club is concerned over the last 5-6 years.

It truly doesn't matter what this journo wrote or even to a lesser extent what Morelose's thoughts are, modern day football is more and more becoming the domain of players agents, these parasites are employed by players to maximise their personal earnings throughout their careers, and the agents are rewarded with a fair percentage of those players earnings.

Basically what I'm trying to say is if the agent of Morelos says he is going to China then China he will go to, his agent will never allow a player to sign a contract that can affect his possibility of creaming his share off any potential Morelos transfer.

It’s been that way for years already, and of course it’s the agents that hold the power no one would dispute that, but the fact it’s looking likely he’ll now stay at Ibrox till this summer at the least then it would be in both the agents and the players interests to maximise his income whilst still at the club. 

Like you say not many people on here take what is written in the papers as gospel, but in this instance there is more than likely some truth in the scenario at least. 

2 hours ago, AlCapone said:

Why would he accept 16 and a half thousand a week when he can get £30 k elsewhere

I would say he would accept £16k because we can probably get him to the platform of football he wants, ie England, whereas it would be unlikely he would get that from China.

Morelos will 100% be getting a new improved contract, Rangers fans and Rangers itself don't need a newspaper to tell them that. 

This is nothing but a blatant attempt at unsettling the player - strap yourselves in because it'll be this every day from now till the summer window. 

9 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

It’s been that way for years already, and of course it’s the agents that hold the power no one would dispute that, but the fact it’s looking likely he’ll now stay at Ibrox till this summer at the least then it would be in both the agents and the players interests to maximise his income whilst still at the club. 

Like you say not many people on here take what is written in the papers as gospel, but in this instance there is more than likely some truth in the scenario at least. 

I have my reservations whether he will be here in the summer, if his agents can negotiate a good deal with us that may well be the case, however I cannot see us being held to ransome over Morelose's wage demands.

If after the meeting with MA his agents feel he would be better served going to China then he will be off before their window closes at the end of February.

10 minutes ago, TT blueteen said:

I have my reservations whether he will be here in the summer, if his agents can negotiate a good deal with us that may well be the case, however I cannot see us being held to ransome over Morelose's wage demands.

If after the meeting with MA his agents feel he would be better served going to China then he will be off before their window closes at the end of February.

Rangers will decide if he goes not an agent. 

We declined bids when we had time to get a replacement, not sure why we would be so willing to do a deal when we no longer have that opportunity.

The leverage the player / agent has is that their player will become unhappy / down tools so it's in clubs interest to sell before that happens. Its for the club to sort out a deal to address that and make the player feel he is being properly compensated for a player of his value. If we can't afford what he's after, at an alleged 7k pa it's not a huge financial burden to say we'll sit tight til summer and not be forced into anything. We need to consider what his value will be then though after a poor 2nd half to season.

There's a win win scenario here and I hope and believe it can be found. But the player is on a contract and won't be going anywhere unless we are very satisfied with the deal, not just because an agent wants a move, and given we can't now replace i think a transfer is less likely than it was a week ago.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Rangers will decide if he goes not an agent. 

We declined bids when we had time to get a replacement, not sure why we would be so willing to do a deal when we no longer have that opportunity.

The leverage the player / agent has is that their player will become unhappy / down tools so it's in clubs interest to sell before that happens. Its for the club to sort out a deal to address that and make the player feel he is being properly compensated for a player of his value. If we can't afford what he's after, at an alleged 7k pa it's not a huge financial burden to say we'll sit tight til summer and not be forced into anything. We need to consider what his value will be then though after a poor 2nd half to season.

There's a win win scenario here and I hope and believe it can be found. But the player is on a contract and won't be going anywhere unless we are very satisfied with the deal, not just because an agent wants a move, and given we can't now replace i think a transfer is less likely than it was a week ago.

Valid post, I think the most pertinent point being the fact that if the player feels hard done to by the club he has the ability to downtools and his value will plummet to a bargain basement price.

With the club's financial struggles ongoing that would not be deemed as good business acumen. I agree with him being under contract we hold the aces just now but with the possibility of Morelos acting out the downing of tools scenario I'm of the opinion the board will give careful consideration to any feasible bid that's lodged.

His value has been based mainly on his goals scored until now, but his conversion rate of goals to efforts is actually nothing startlingly good. On other aspects of his game I feel he has lots to learn and maybe we should cash in whilst he appears to be in demand.

Although I appreciate the amount of goals he has scored I think he is quite a limited player re other aspects of the game required to be top level.

1 hour ago, TT blueteen said:

Why did you quote the op ffs 

Does my dinger cunts quoting massive OPs, we know the subject you're talking about 

19 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Nae bother 6 year deal on a extra 10k pw 50million buyout. Sounds ideal to me

Great idea, how much of a pay rise you giving Windass, Tav, Fod, Candeias and other key members of our squad?

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Great idea, how much of a pay rise you giving Windass, Tav, Fod, Candeias and other key members of our squad?

No idea what Tav, fod etc are on. But giving Morelos £15k a week doesn’t seem unreasonable tbh

Archived