Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

3 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

He'll be off in the summer anyway so why make him one of the highest paid players for the sake of 6 months.

because in order to make sure we get full whack for him in the summer, he has to keep scoring. And in order to do that he has to turn up and be a happy camper. No wage rise = unhappy player who could down tools.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Siwel said:

Great idea, how much of a pay rise you giving Windass, Tav, Fod, Candeias and other key members of our squad?

Whats unreasonable about giving the best forward in this league 17k a week? Our best players should be on that sort of money and the others should be pushing themselves to get there. I'd guess Morelos is one of our lowest paid players atm

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

because in order to make sure we get full whack for him in the summer, he has to keep scoring. And in order to do that he has to turn up and be a happy camper. No wage rise = unhappy player who could down tools.

Ridiculous , he knows if he doesn't keep scoring goals nobody will be looking to buy him and he's stuck here for another two years.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If the bids are to be believed and there's no reason they aren't true then unlike Boyd we have an 8m player in our squad. He wasn't that when he came and signed the contract but he is now.

It's naive to suggest we would get away with rewarding that success by saying fuck you we're going to keep paying you like a 1m player at the bottom of our payscale now fuck off out my office and keep on scoring goals...

Stupid discussion I'm out we hold all the cards and power giving him more money knowing he is leaving is like buying a burd that's leaving you a diamond ring in the hope she still wants you. 

He also went about ten games offering no goals so if he doesn't score someone else will, we also have more options now.

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Because we love wasting cash , its what we are good at...........

I'd hate the thought of bringing our most valuable asset more in line with our top paid players, moving him from the lower end of the payscale. Hate the thought of rewarding him for his performances that saw his value (and our potential future profit) soar incredibly.

Yeah we should look clarify our buying steategy to bring in players and make it clear to them that if they excel we won't negotiate with them and reward them accordingly.

Suicide.

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

He's going to be stuck here for two more years then , and he will need a new agent.

Give him a wage rise, keep him happy till June, get the best out him till then. 

There really is no point in upsetting the lad for 3 or 4 months, which might see his value plummet, - its daft.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'd hate the thought of bringing our most valuable asset more in line with our top paid players, moving him from the lower end of the payscale. Hate the thought of rewarding him for his performances that saw his value (and our potential future profit) soar incredibly.

Yeah we should look clarify our buying steategy to bring in players and make it clear to them that if they excel we won't negotiate with them and reward them accordingly.

Suicide.

Thank fuck folk like you are nowhere near the purse strings.

If the guy decides he wants to stay in June let him sign a new contract with more cash. But he wants to play in the PL , and is a certainty to go at the end of the season , why the fuck would we want to pay him more cash for three months ?

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Stupid discussion I'm out we hold all the cards and power giving him more money knowing he is leaving is like buying a burd that's leaving you a diamond ring in the hope she still wants you. 

He also went about ten games offering no goals so if he doesn't score someone else will, we also have more options now.

He is the one with the value. Is that by passing you?

If we want to sell in the summer then we do the right thing, pay him in line with better paid team mates and demonstrate that ability is rewarded. Which in turn should keep him focussed and goal scoring.

A win win for the sake of what 7 to 10k per week until summer and we get to renegotiate terms of his contract ie a 10m buyout.

And what a stupid analogy. Contracted situations with players is nothing like that with a burd unless you pay for it contractually....

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

If the guy decides he wants to stay in June let him sign a new contract with more cash. But he wants to play in the PL , and is a certainty to go at the end of the season , why the fuck would we want to pay him more cash for three months ?

Take your fingers out your ears and you'll hear what I and others are repeatedly telling you.

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

We can demand more money for a 21 year old striker on 10-15k a week with 5 years left on his contract than we can a 21 year old striker on 7k a week with 2 years left on his deal.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

We can demand more money for a 21 year old striker on 10-15k a week with 5 years left on his contract than we can a 21 year old striker on 7k a week with 2 years left on his deal.

He can't or won't listen

Doubling his reported 7k salary mightnt even be enough but if we did we're talking about a cost of less than 150k til summer. Extend the length of contract and put in a 10m buy out clause for instance or whatever MA thinks suitable.

It's an absolute no brainer.

Just now, Siwel said:

So because we pay him more fore 4 months we can expect more cash for him in June, fuckin clueless.

That will do me for the day , to many business experts on here........

Damned if you do, damned if you don't on this one.

I hope all this "demand" shite is just shit stirring paper talk. He's not been too shining bright of late and couldn't hit a barn door, albeit his overall contribution is positive. However, he has also been looking the unhappy bunny so I hope it isn't the petulant child shit coming out and thinking he is better than he really is.

No doubt he deserves an increase, but it appears he does now want away as his head now looks to be turned, so it's keeping him motivated until he goes, most probably in the summer.

We are notoriously bad in overpaying players who are simply just not value for money and hopefully get those underperformers out the door sooner than later.

9 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He is the one with the value. Is that by passing you?

If we want to sell in the summer then we do the right thing, pay him in line with better paid team mates and demonstrate that ability is rewarded. Which in turn should keep him focussed and goal scoring.

A win win for the sake of what 7 to 10k per week until summer and we get to renegotiate terms of his contract ie a 10m buyout.

And what a stupid analogy. Contracted situations with players is nothing like that with a burd unless you pay for it contractually....

So let every player demand more now once they see one doing it great way to get us back in the shit again.

Very Martin Bain of you..

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I hope all this "demand" shite is just shit stirring paper talk. He's not been too shining bright of late and couldn't hit a barn door, albeit his overall contribution is positive. However, he has also been looking the unhappy bunny so I hope it isn't the petulant child shit coming out and thinking he is better than he really is.

No doubt he deserves an increase, but it appears he does now want away as his head now looks to be turned, so it's keeping him motivated until he goes, most probably in the summer.

We are notoriously bad in overpaying players who are simply just not value for money and hopefully get those underperformers out the door sooner than later.

Couldn't hit a barn door = 5 goals in his last 8.

7 in 10 if you want to include the 2 games in Florida. 

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

So let every player demand more now once they see one doing it great way to get us back in the shit again.

Very Martin Bain of you..

No just the ones who have at least quadrupled in value into our most valuable asset who has had a genuine bid in the most recent window.

The one we could renegotiate contract with at a cost of a couple of hundred thousand til summer that could allow us to insert a buyout clause worth several million more than was even offered.

I'd say very unlike Martin Bain..

12 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

c0f8qxK.jpg

Doesn't look unhappy at Rangers to me the night of the Fraserburgh game.

Archived