Non big name players we've sold/let go that have made it big

King_gazza

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

True. Can still remember his long range strike in the CL away to Monaco.

What a goal that was.

Now you mention it I kind of recall this. Much was it they were willing to pay again?

No idea. No where near what we would have wanted for him though. Unreal the goalkeepers Germany can produce. Klos won the champions league, yet I don't think he ever got a cap. The cunt Oliver Khan was obviously the best keeper in the world at the time, along with Buffon. (Personally think Khan was better, but he ruined Mol's, so he's a cunt). For an actual figure, I seem to remember £8m for him. I wouldn't have accepted that. People used to say he was worth AT LEAST 15 points to us every season. Pity we never had him in 2012, but fuck knows what damage Whyte could've done if we made Europe. Probably sold Murray park, our car park and fuck knows what else. 

As with regards to Klos, a legend for me. Only thing I hold against McLeish was his treatment of him in his final year, as already said he was worth 10-15 points a season on his own and can only recall one error from him in his entire stint.

It was games where we would be all over the opposition until they got one chance and after having nothing to do all game, Klos would pull off a vital save and secure the points. Concentration levels on the game only the very top keepers have.

16 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

Gordon Ramsay

Riles me the way the wee ginger dick makes out he played for our first team and knows Ally well. Never kicked a ball for the first 11 and when Ally was asked said he had never met him. Just stick to making rolls and square sausage Gordon.

Still more popular on here than Windass though.:whistle:

9 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Riles me the way the wee ginger dick makes out he played for our first team and knows Ally well. Never kicked a ball for the first 11 and when Ally was asked said he had never met him. Just stick to making rolls and square sausage Gordon.

Still more popular on here than Windass though.:whistle:

Can’t say it bothers me in the slightest, I’d probably do the same in his position. :lol:

I’m just glad to have someone with such a high profile who’s proud to say he supports us. I realise that puts me in a tiny minority on here.

There are quite a few mentioned such as Gattuso, Arteta, and Gio van Bronckhorst which is fair comment, but I wouldn't say Tugay going to Blackburn Rovers should be classed as "making it big".

One player who should be in that category though is Willie Stevenson. For those who have no idea who he is. Willie Stevenson was a mercurial left midfielder with us from 1958 -1962. He was transferred to Liverpool after we signed a certain James Curran Baxter who initially played inside left,  but was later moved to left midfield.

The legendary Bill Shankly paid £20,000 for him and Willie made 241 appearances for  Liverpool until Shankly bought  19 year old Emlyn Hughes in 1967.

Willie Stevenson won 2 League titles, 1 FA Cup winners Medal, 3 Charity Shield Winners Medals and a UEFA Cup Winners Cup runner up Medal during his time with Liverpool.

30 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Can’t say it bothers me in the slightest, I’d probably do the same in his position. :lol:

I’m just glad to have someone with such a high profile who’s proud to say he supports us. I realise that puts me in a tiny minority on here.

You do realise he's a ginger?

1 hour ago, The Widow's Son said:

We should've bought Hartson not Flo.

Stood outside Ibrox the day we unveiled two new signings - Hartson and Ronald de Boer. Hartson then “failed” the medical, although there were stories that we actually couldn’t afford both and we wanted RDB more. Hartson would have been good for us, more productive than Flo.

9 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Stood outside Ibrox the day we unveiled two new signings - Hartson and Ronald de Boer. Hartson then “failed” the medical, although there were stories that we actually couldn’t afford both and we wanted RDB more. Hartson would have been good for us, more productive than Flo.

Always thought hartson failed the medical because of old knee problems and the club doctors feared another prodan shambles 

Turns out hartson battered us black and blue for years

17 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Harsh on eck, klos got crocked, eck brought in wattereus who played fantastic for us and was a main reason we got to cl last 16, klos took the huff it seemed at not immediately walking back into first team

Plus he couldn't kick worth a fuck lol

Also, I think his bottle went when O’Squeal unleashed his aerial bombardments on us.

Re the cock up v Sellik refererred to above, I recall Waterrus being beaten by a blinding volley at home v Inverness, amidst that long, awful, non-winning run we had.

I don’t think he was at fault but the press clamour to bring Klos back was deafening.

He was nervous as a kitten at Parkhead & let in Maloney’s shot from about 35 yards, then scored an og.