We need a manager

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Disagree, I think he'd make a good assistant manager - but that's as far as he can go in my opinion.

He's a usless cunt change was needed and he blew it as usual we need good financial backing or we will never compete with they fuckers so fucken annoying 

3 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Hard to remember a manager I've wanted to succeed more but, at the end of the day, we haven't had a better opportunity to put them to the sword in years and - as Mancini, Clarke, and even Levein have shown - they're actually not a very complicated puzzle to solve. The key to beating them this season is the consistent application of pressure - they absolutely buckle under it - and we'll rarely get a better chance to do that than when we can bring on Cummings immediately after they go down to ten men. That's a decisive, tactical opportunity right there and we missed it.

Gutted for Murty because he's a brilliant guy and, if we do swap him for an experienced manager, he's certain to leave the club altogether, meaning we've also lost a very talented youth coach. 

No he isn’t he is tactically naive a proper manager would  have saw after 30 mins that goss was like a rabbit in headlights and was causing our midfield to be over run made the change by hooking him for Holt (much like addvocat did when Ricksen had a similar experience ) and then a proper manager would have made a positve attacking substitution to the sending off by putting Cummings on straight away not waiting until they scored I am afraid Murty failed today and has to go we need and should demand a proper manager. 

2 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

No he isn’t he is tactically naive a proper manager would  have saw after 30 mins that goss was like a rabbit in headlights and was causing our midfield to be over run made the change by hooking him for Holt (much like addvocat did when Ricksen had a similar experience ) and then a proper manager would have made a positve attacking substitution to the sending off by putting Cummings on straight away not waiting until they scored I am afraid Murty failed today and has to go we need and should demand a proper manager. 

No he isn't what? I think we're agreeing. 

31 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

By Murty going back to youth duties and us getting in an experienced manager that knows how to win a game at home against 10 men.

Murty changed the shape to accommodate 10 men. The squad failed to deliver. Who’s your pick for the job?

If we ever want to win a title we will need to grow a set of baws and hire someone who can achieve it.

We are kidding ourselves on with Murty, he's better than previous diddies but he is still short when it matters and his tactics and decisions were found wanting yet again. It's not his fault because he has not had the experience and exposure needed when coming up through the clubs before getting a gig like this but it is what it is.

A better manager would have got us a result today, keeping on a midfielder who was utter rank all game for 75 minutes was criminal, we lost the midfield and that gave them the game. Also waiting till then to bring in a guy who scored a treble the week before was a joke when the other side were down to 10.

Hey ho though we will no doubt win a few games against shite and pretend he is the man again. 

And rinse n repeat 

6 minutes ago, duffy2391 said:

Murty changed the shape to accommodate 10 men. The squad failed to deliver. Who’s your pick for the job?

His changes made us slower and worse and lost us a game that was there for the taking.  He'll never get a better chance to beat celtic than that and that he lost from that position tells me he isn't up to the job full time.  My realistic choice right now would be Steve Clarke.  

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

If we ever want to win a title we will need to grow a set of baws and hire someone who can achieve it.

We are kidding ourselves on with Murty, he's better than previous diddies but he is still short when it matters and his tactics and decisions were found wanting yet again. It's not his fault because he has not had the experience and exposure needed when coming up through the clubs before getting a gig like this but it is what it is.

A better manager would have got us a result today, keeping on a midfielder who was utter rank all game for 75 minutes was criminal, we lost the midfield and that gave them the game. Also waiting till then to bring in a guy who scored a treble the week before was a joke when the other side were down to 10.

Hey ho though we will no doubt win a few games against shite and pretend he is the man again. 

And rinse n repeat 

100% agree mate Murty was never the answer maybe because the board are tight arsed cunts but Murty is the better of what we had but we desperately need better ASAP

4 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Murty has failed his biggest test to date and a test with them down to 10 men which was made much easier for him.

Hard to see how he can come back from this one.

He failed against Hibs in January but has succeeded against the bottom lot including cup games, but again cheap goals and missing sitters cost us dearly which has been a recurring feature of our play under Murty.

Some of the comments are a bit harsh on Murty imo.  He has come under a lot of criticism on here for consistently going for Bates and Martin at CB rather than Alves and Cardoso and I think today’s match indicates that he was correct in his judgement.  His hand was forced to play a CB pairing he didn’t buy and clearly doesn’t rate so I think bit harsh to criticise him on theie poor performance today.

It was a risk playing the two young midfielders today but let’s face it he didn’t have much choice, other than going for Holt and I don’t think he would have made much difference either way.  Must admit he does have a bit of a fixation for Windass that I don’t think is fully justified but, to be fair, he has been knocking in a few goals lately.

i don’t get the criticism over his substitutions, sometimes a manager has to place some trust on the players he has originally picked to do the job.  We dominated their ten men but had no cutting edge, our final ball was shocking as it quite often is.  Having Cummings on a few minutes earlier would not have solved that issue, nor would any of the alternatives on the bench.

17 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

His changes made us slower and worse and lost us a game that was there for the taking.  He'll never get a better chance to beat celtic than that and that he lost from that position tells me he isn't up to the job full time.  My realistic choice right now would be Steve Clarke.  

Sorry, but that’s utter shite. We did not slow down at all, our passing in their half let us down. It was shambolic but there was no shortage of options up that end.

Clarke is a solid tactician and if I’m honest I’d take him, he has ties with them in some capacity which stops me jumping for joy about him but if he was to take the job then it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.

5 hours ago, RDB14 said:

To be fair you can't blame Murty for Morelos misses at 2-2 and 2-3 and both his first choice centre backs being injured.

celtic had injuries and a man less.  Morelos had another bad miss but we still should be doing more to win the game.  As the OP said, we should've brought Cummings on at 60mins and went for it.  We had to win today to keep any hopes of a title race alive and we showed no urgency or desire at all.  Waiting until celtic take the lead before going for it?  Murty needs to go.

29 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

I'd take Steve Clarke as well the job he's down at Kimarnock has been solid and there's no doubt in my mind he knows more about being a football manager than Murty.

1 minute ago, duffy2391 said:

Sorry, but that’s utter shite. We did not slow down at all, our passing in their half let us down. It was shambolic but there was no shortage of options up that end.

Clarke is a solid tactician and if I’m honest I’d take him, he has ties with them in some capacity which stops me jumping for joy about him but if he was to take the job then it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.

Docherty said they didn't move the ball as quick, it looked like the players thought 10 men at 2-2 and we'd just turn up and win it from there .  You could see the players were pumping aimless balls about and making shite runs and it looked like we had 10 men not them.  We had no guile or creativity and looked well out of ideas apart from flashes from Murphy.

31 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Some of the comments are a bit harsh on Murty imo.  He has come under a lot of criticism on here for consistently going for Bates and Martin at CB rather than Alves and Cardoso and I think today’s match indicates that he was correct in his judgement.  His hand was forced to play a CB pairing he didn’t buy and clearly doesn’t rate so I think bit harsh to criticise him on theie poor performance today.

It was a risk playing the two young midfielders today but let’s face it he didn’t have much choice, other than going for Holt and I don’t think he would have made much difference either way.  Must admit he does have a bit of a fixation for Windass that I don’t think is fully justified but, to be fair, he has been knocking in a few goals lately.

i don’t get the criticism over his substitutions, sometimes a manager has to place some trust on the players he has originally picked to do the job.  We dominated their ten men but had no cutting edge, our final ball was shocking as it quite often is.  Having Cummings on a few minutes earlier would not have solved that issue, nor would any of the alternatives on the bench.

HE picks Morelos and Windass week in week out, no matter how shite they are. He constantly starts with a keeper who is not up to the job. He constantly leaves substitutes until the last 15 minutes. He has hardly given Cummings a chance. The one player with better ability, better compusure and a mental attitude that would put all the others to shame.

It all culminates in a shredding from the scum.

Murty is not for changing until he is changed. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

HE picks Morelos and Windass week in week out, no matter how shite they are. He constantly starts with a keeper who is not up to the job. He constantly leaves substitutes until the last 15 minutes. He has hardly given Cummings a chance. The one player with better ability, better compusure and a mental attitude that would put all the others to shame.

Morelos would be the first name on my team sheet despite his misses today so I’m not going to condemn Murty for that.  I’ve aleady said I think he has a fixation with Windass imo but all managers have their particular favourites.  I think Cummings is unfortunate to miss out but I certainly wouldn’t play him instead of Morelos, maybe Windass

Really didn’t not see the fixation fans have for making substitutions for substitutions sake.  It’s a matter of opinion but I don’t think Cummings being on 10minutes earlier would have made that much difference to the result.

I like Murty but like all managers he will live or die on the results of matches like today’s.  Just think some of the criticism on this thread is unjustified given the circumstances.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Aye, let’s find a manager that will drop two of the SPLs top goal scorers..great thinking! 

Let’s just start a new game of FIFA18 every time we lose a match...let’s ignore every positive that was created up until half time today and..fucking PANIC!

or mibbe better, sort our defence, help Morelos get back to usual form ..and keep moving forward by showing our support to a young team that need it.

Anyone that’s successfully managed anything, will understand what I’m talking about here...