Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, billym27 said:

staunch cause i want my team to win? alright then. standards slipping here or something? never known any Rangers fans happy with a draw or defeat.

The fella aint wrong, i expect us to win every single game in Scotland and at least try and pressure celtic for 90 mins and run them close, cant be denied, i cant say i expect us to beat them, because right now what a stupid fucking expectation. But on the whole I agree, i expect us to win every single game we play in this country.

I'm becoming positive about it, and at least the board haven't taken the so-called 'safe' route in a Mcinnes or Clarke.

I'm also thanking fuck it's not Warnock. Or Neil. Or Neilson. Or Robinson. 

The interest in our club and Scottish football in general will skyrocket. He's a proven winner and leader of men, and whilst we're not going to get £60,000 per week players jumping to sign for us on £15,000-£20,000 per week just because it's Gerrard, I think it would be a more difficult choice now for your Glen Kamara's and Lewis Morgan's between us and the scum i.e. young talent we're both interested in.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'm becoming positive about it, and at least the board haven't taken the so-called 'safe' route in a Mcinnes or Clarke.

I'm also thanking fuck it's not Warnock. Or Neil. Or Neilson. Or Robinson. 

The interest in our club and Scottish football in general will skyrocket. He's a proven winner and leader of men, and whilst we're not going to get £60,000 per week players jumping to sign for us on £15,000-£20,000 per week just because it's Gerrard, I think it would be a more difficult choice now for your Glen Kamara's and Lewis Morgan's between us and the scum i.e. young talent we're both interested in.

It had to be a safe choice right now unfortunately 

If the board wanted a gamble then SG is probably one of the better gambles to take .

It's a Souness type of signing .

SG appointment would raise the profile of Rangers and everything that would go with it .

It would be a really significant news story .

If your kids supported Liverpool , a bit like DK's ,  it would also be a good signing  :whistle:

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

King's timing is off yet again. Why release this info before the celtic game tomorrow? 

It’s deflection isn’t it.

Although to be honest, I suspect I’ll be happy come Monday to have a new Manager and new players paraded to be able to look forward.  If indeed it’s not all smoke and mirrors  

Just now, kaiser1041 said:

I get where folk are coming from with that, but I'm not sure.

Gerrard could be a masterstroke or a disaster. I think there's a general consensus amongst us all on that.

Best case scenario is in a year's time we're on course for a title win. Worst case is we're in the exact same position we are right now.

The safe option guarantees second place, but what's the likelihood of it resulting in us winning the league? 

6 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

King pretty much said he wasn't impressed with the available British managers around the time of McInnes so I'm not surprised we've ended up with someone like Gerrard.

Just now, sandyinroyalblue said:

Still not convinced that Gerrard will accept the job,if it drags on more than a couple of days I think it will be a no from him.

I tend to agree. He’s either already said yes or it’s heading towards no and won’t that be fun, just my own view from previous ‘days to think’ situations  

Picking up however from those who have a bit of insight it’s over the line. 

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

King pretty much said he wasn't impressed with the available British managers around the time of McInnes so I'm not surprised we've ended up with someone like Gerrard.

But he was impressed with Pedro? These guys haven’t a fucking clue but I suppose it’s easy when you are gambling with other people’s money

6 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Still not convinced that Gerrard will accept the job,if it drags on more than a couple of days I think it will be a no from him.

Why would we announce it before the scum game?

Hes accepted it, it’s done, the players know it and know he’ll be watching, then it gets announced on Monday or Tuesday.

Just now, kaiser1041 said:

But he was impressed with Pedro? These guys haven’t a fucking clue but I suppose it’s easy when you are gambling with other people’s money

I don't think he was overly impressed with Pedro tbh or Warburton for that matter.

I get the feeling this is the first appointment King has been fully on board with.

12 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Bingo. 

and we could appoint a football manager who is qualified too and a less of a gamble/risk worth taking.

Do you see where I am going with this or do you need more time? 

Aye mate we all see the gamble, so no need to get snarky because your analogy is bollocks. 

Any manager is a gamble, how often have we seen a manager have a great spell at one club only to fail terribly at the next 2 then get back to winning ways at the next  

1 minute ago, markem said:

I tend to agree. He’s either already said yes or it’s heading towards no and won’t that be fun, just my own view from previous ‘days to think’ situations  

Picking up however from those who have a bit of insight it’s over the line. 

Remember Gerrard has a job at Liverpool pretty much as long as he wants it and the BT job as well and does he want to move his family up here?

Then there's the question of Rangers in their current shambolic state so just guessing I'd put it at no better than a 50/50 at best unless Gerard is right up for a challenge on and off the park.

We needed an experienced head not another rookie. He turned down MK dons a year ago as he didn't think he was ready. A year later he thinks he's ready for the toughest job in Scottish football?! 

Im not buying into this idea of getting an experienced man in beside him to help him. This isn't a place to have an apprentice as a manager. If anything he should be a number 2 to a more experienced man. Basically we'll be paying twice for a manager. 

Negetives aside, he will have good contacts and I'd imagine we'll do well with loan deals through him. 

Archived