Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I think King and his board are quite capable of trying to talk up ambition even if that ambition is so high as to be not a lot more than wistful thinking if it helped to buy them some time if the season continues to fritter disastrously away.   Offering the hope of a better tomorrow even if that better tomorrow might actually be beyond their financial ability to deliver, is one way of trying to sweeten the bitter pill of a very poor season and create some positive thinking and energy for next season (or buy some time).   

After all, which of us have not walked past that posh car showroom with a glitzy sports car in the window and thought 'I wish I could afford that' and then maybe go in to see if there was a way of financing the deal ........only to come away empty-handed with the reality of financial life having bitten hard.    Nothing wrong with aiming high.   Nothing intrinsically wrong with failing in that ambition.    But if you've let the family and kids know that you were aiming high and you let them down then you live with that.   

Lets see if King comes out with the equivalent of the keys to the posh car in his hand. 

After the build up over the last few days , and even an old sceptic like me is sometimes getting carried away in the euphoria , I think he's playing a dangerous game if he doesn't come out with the keys to that posh car . I sense even those that did support DK at one time would not accept another rejection . 

8 minutes ago, Mols2806 said:

He did seem very confident and as obviously heard something, he's also been banging on all season about us having an investor

Fingers crossed mate. New era for the club hopefully 

23 minutes ago, gmcf said:

As much as I have my doubts , id just love us to announce the capture of SG and his team , as well as Arfield and McGregor , on Sunday night / Monday morning . 

Why if he is coming which I also doubt then announce it an hour before the match cunts might put a shift in.

3 minutes ago, barkie said:

Why if he is coming which I also doubt then announce it an hour before the match cunts might put a shift in.

If he is coming the players will know just as they did before the sheep double header, it’s just not public because if we lose again the board have this up their sleeve

5 minutes ago, barkie said:

The players probably know more than us , I'd like to think they'd be trying to impress SG or whoever else it may be . These are the kind of games they will be judged on , sadly that's no guarantee of effort as the semi proved . 

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

The players probably know more than us , I'd like to think they'd be trying to impress SG or whoever else it may be . These are the kind of games they will be judged on , sadly that's no guarantee of effort as the semi proved . 

Well we will all find tomorrow within first few minutes same as cup then alarm bells should be ringing.

5 minutes ago, barkie said:

Well we will all find tomorrow within first few minutes same as cup then alarm bells should be ringing.

Yeah , I'm trying to fill my head with all this SG stuff in the hope I forget there's a game on tomorrow :lol: 

Speaking to talkSPORT , Cascarino said: “I think it’s a golden opportunity for Steven, but the only way he can go there is if he can be given the finance to make a team and match what celtic do. Otherwise, there’s no point.

“He has to be given the money to be competitive because the support there, the club in itself is a giant, it’s a golden opportunity for Steven Gerrard

“I’m led to believe he’s very excited about it as well.”

Fuck knows how he would know mind you

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Love it.

Some amount of bangers like Paul Merson telling him to stay clear.

Then you get Souness who actually knows the score. 

Merson's comments were fucking riduculous

I know how a lot of pundits down south view football up here but that was unreal

I wouldn't be surprised if a new invester from the states has been found and this has been one of the stipulations. Either way the sooner it's confirmed he has joined the better then the hard work can begin.

3 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

I know how a lot of pundits down south view football up here but that was unreal

Merson is a disgrace of a pundit he’s absolutely clueless, slagged Marco Silva like fuck cause he’s foreign, talked a load of shite about De Bruyne when he signed for city too, no idea how he still has a job.

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

He’s an absolute moron.

As someone who follows Arsenal I just think he’s a complete embarrassment.

Guys like him and Alan Smith just don’t get the fact that despite playing in Scotland us and celtic are two of the four biggest clubs in Britain alongside United and Liverpool.

They just do not know what it’s like to be involved at a club with the traditions and demands of the support. 

20 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The bottom line here is cash.

But we all knew that anyway.

I'm not sure mate. Gerrard isn't short. He could get a lot more money going back out to LA and doing ad's, coaching, promotions, reality TV etc out there. No doubt about it.

The appeal for Gerrard is management. The chance of a lifetime to manage a big club like us as his first managers job. 

The way we are just now and the state we are in the job isn't for everyone it seems but it still appeals to anyone with a hint of personal ambition.

Just now, K.A.I said:

I'm not sure mate. Gerrard isn't short. He could get a lot more money going back out to LA and doing ad's, coaching, promotions etc out there. No doubt about it.

The appeal for Gerrard is management. The chance of a lifetime to manage a big club like us as his first managers job. 

The way we are just now and the state we are in the job isn't for everyone it seems but it still appeals to anyone with a hint of personal ambition.

But cash is required to give him the squad he needs to succeed as a manager. 

Archived