Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

30 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

One of England's greatest players coming to manage us, and you don't think this will sell season tickets? Seriously?

Nope.

since div 3 bar the boycott year we have sold record numbers of STs. We don’t need gimmicks or managers or players to shift the books.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Totally agree and especially with the 'manager with experience' Point, as a big name means nothing. I do feel it's a slap in the face for Murty with the club talking about hiring a under 18's coach before Murty has reached the end of season. How's that going to motivate him and the team to try and secure 2nd place?

Even though my argument is completely logical there is still the fact that it's "Steven Gerrard" .. his name alone brings a cache that the club hasn't had for a long time.

I suppose it's a head v heart thing. My head says it's wrong for all the reasons that have been mentioned by many but your heart, your heart says "c'mon man .. it's StevieG !!" 

Am I the only one who doesn’t want Gerrard and think it’ll be a disaster? We’ve taken a gamble and it didn’t work and set us back. We need someone to settle the club with experience of managing a club. We’ve clearly learned absolutely fuck all.

Btw the fucking FF train pish is chronic. ??

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

The books shift when it’s senderos and forrester I don’t get the questioning of fans and needing sound bytes to sell STa

I get your point 100% and the loyalty of the fans is unparalleled, the 4-0 semi was right up there with the 4-0? bashing at Easter Road, Raith cup final and KMD's semi v them, so a change of direction was essential.

We will sell them regardless but with fresh impetus and new players a little swifter with the feelgood factor reinstated.

2 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Is there anything more concrete than a bit of ‘in the know’ regarding this or is there still a chance it’s Van Persie MK2?

What kind of ‘concrete’ are you looking for? 

As in, has there been an announcement from the club? No. 

Sky Sports reporting it as SG’s job if he wants it though. 

Take from that what you will.

2 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

What kind of ‘concrete’ are you looking for? 

As in, has there been an announcement from the club? No. 

Sky Sports reporting it as SG’s job if he wants it though. 

Take from that what you will.

Aye I’ve just seen a few posts saying it’s a done deal and I was curious incase I had missed something.

If Stevie G is seen walking his dog down the paisley road west that’s the cut off point for ‘concrete’

11 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t want Gerrard and think it’ll be a disaster? We’ve taken a gamble and it didn’t work and set us back. We need someone to settle the club with experience of managing a club. We’ve clearly learned absolutely fuck all.

I'm on the fence with the appointment, because he is such an unknown quantity as a manager. He could be good, or could be a disaster. If it's the latter then it's time up for the board. 

What the fuck is all that train patter all about? Doing my box in already.

At first I was totally against Gerrard getting the job, I was hoping for a experienced manager someone who's been there done that, Now after iv had the chance to look into this a bit more I'm more optimistic about a young highly regarded up and coming manager, he's a born winner respected by his peers, a name that will attract a better level of player, he will know the Liverpool system inside out, the English media will be all over us getting us more exposure, listening to a few phone ins the English are already very interested, some of the presenters were suggesting a few Liverpool players that could be on their way to Ibrox  on loan, one that caught my interest was Daniel Sturridge, best friends and out of the picture, with the right number 2 and some serious cash backing I believe he can do it. #55

20 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Nope I think most people think the same but it’s done now so most just getting on board with the idea.

This doesn’t work out the board will be chased. He will need to hit the ground running.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

I just cant see a scenario where appointing another youth coach with zero experience of Management can work.

People will point to Real , Barcelona etc but they have massive resources, already have excellent squads and don't need a rebuild like we do. It's that part that needs the experience to come in and do a clear out, and that's what im most concerned about. Riskiest appointment we have had in a very long time.

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

People will point to Real , Barcelona etc but they have massive resources, already have excellent squads and don't need a rebuild like we do. It's that part that needs the experience to come in and do a clear out, and that's what im most concerned about. Riskiest appointment we have had in a very long time.

Agree completely.

I think we are on to a winner here with this appointment but only if our fans are willing to give him time to settle in and build a team. This takes longer than 1 season to do btw! We may not win the league next season but I am sure we will be a lot closer to it and more competitive in the cups and ahead of Aberdeen and hibs which for me Is the 1st step in closing down that mob. I know it won’t happen tho cause if we are not too of the league by Christmas some of our fans will be saying it’s a failure and looking for him to be sacked already lol?

31 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Couldn't agree more mate.

10 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Both the clubs you mention also promoted guys who were heroes as players &, in addition to inheriting excellent, existing squads & financial resources, will have known the workings of their respective clubs inside out.

Rather than a complete outsider, coming in to what might best be described as a shambles of a structure, reputedly struggling for cash, yet suddenly having a good enough transfer budget to satisfy our ‘new man’.

Makes you wonder if DK put whatever ST money that’s come in on the Scousers to win 5-2.

Archived