Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

1 minute ago, STRUTH82 said:

I have a really good feeling about this (which counts for nowt) and once its a done deal we need to get behind the guy, lets just give him a chance. I definitely think an improved level of player will be coming in this summer, at least 4 or 5 of them as otherwise theres no chance he would take the job.

Agreed but i'm more excited at the prospect of some of our shitebags leaving.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Can we not merged all the Gerrard threads.? It's a pain moving from thread in manager speculation section to the one here in the main bears den one.

This is a Dave King thread mate, may as well move it to the Boardroom section.

Skrtel would be an amazing signing - but this investment would need to be pretty big for us to afford him.

The Daily Record usually make stuff up - but I want to believe.

If true, a couple experienced guys like Skrtel may not be a bad idea.  People will say look at Alves and how bad he has been, but Alves just looks like he is not interested.  I think Skrtel playing for Gerrard will be totally different. 

Exciting and sure we will all support him however I have this little nagging doubt eating away that “promises” of investment is not the same thing as “actual” investment. We have all been misled before at this club and SG needs to keep his eyes and ears open. If there is no investment on the scale required I hope he kicks off about it. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not wanting to be negative or buzzkill but has anyone considered what might happen if King doesn't come good on this promise of substantial investment that he's assured Gerrard of? could you imagine how difficult it would be to attract top players and/or a capable manager if Gerrard were to fall out over a lie like this and walk away? our brand could be ruined for a long, long time.

I'm not saying this on purpose to kill any good feeling irrespective of what a couple might think reading it, it's actually a legitimate concern of mine.

This has to be done right on so many levels. I'm really hopeful King finally comes good on delivering something to us because he owes us it in my eyes.

The one thing in our favour is King will follow through for once as if he didn't he wouldn't be allowed to go watch his beloved team at anfield ever again... 

But aye my main fear at this point remains king. 

9 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

Exciting and sure we will all support him however I have this little nagging doubt eating away that “promises” of investment is not the same thing as “actual” investment. We have all been misled before at this club and SG needs to keep his eyes and ears open. If there is no investment on the scale required I hope he kicks off about it. 

He will walk, mate. Pure and simple. 

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Don't know the truth of it (if any) but the rumour is him and Rogers haven't spoke to each other for 3-years. They both blame each other for Liverpool not winning the league that year.

Usual group chat rumour tho.

Nonsense they were cuddling each other before the Astana game as Gerrard was there for BT Sport 

1 minute ago, Boyd9her said:

Nonsense they were cuddling each other before the Astana game as Gerrard was there for BT Sport 

Never seen that but if that happened it would've been all for show. He's hardly going to skelp Rodgers on the chin on TV is he?

I flip flop on this all the time but I would be disappointed if something happened and it didn't go through. I'm not sure about the footballing side but what I think is that England will not want Gerrard to fail.

He is the sweetheart of English football and his progress will be followed worldwide which can only be good for us because, if true about the investment, he will have the resources to succeed. 

I think this will put us back on the map with pundits worldwide (except here) actually wanting us to win. It could actually lead to more investment for us and maybe even more money from the Sky tv pot. 

It's amazing what a name like Steven Gerrard could do for our club.

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Never seen that but if that happened it would've been all for show. He's hardly going to skelp Rodgers on the chin on TV is he?

They might hate other, just remember the clip good, they were talking for a good bit, could all just been because of the Liverpool connection. I know Gerrard is still raw about BR dropping him for Real Madrid game 

23 minutes ago, andy500 said:

Skrtel would be an amazing signing - but this investment would need to be pretty big for us to afford him.

The Daily Record usually make stuff up - but I want to believe.

From recollection there was only one player mentioned as a possible signing during this thread (could be more) and it transpires that the record have us linked to him hours after Gerrard seemingly accepts.  

Some insightful posters on here all right.  

What else they saying, Clarke knocked us back this week?

3 minutes ago, Boyd9her said:

I actually remember Gary Lineker asking Gerrard if BR had any weaknesses and he said he was too over confident in the changing room before big matches

Maybe this is what he was meaning lol so cringy 

Archived