Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, born a blue nose said:

Said to my workmate, Gerrard must, must, be that boys idol. If we keep him on and his career doesn't kickstart, then he's as well going back to college and persuing another career.

Definitely mate, probably sound daft but I seen glimpses of his playstyle in the little he has been involved. Has fight in him, unlike our midfield this year 

8 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Was it not his smartly taken free kick that set up the League Cup winner?

That and a decent second half aginst hibs, but it was 7 years ago, Russell Martin is probably quicker than him.:lol:

2 minutes ago, terminator said:

Really!!!

Gerrard will manage Rangers for one reason and one reason alone - he fucking hates Brenda!

Keys documented the 'war' between them in Steven's last season and the 'scandalous' way Rodgers treated him.

Brenda saw Steven as a rival in a power struggle at Liverpool.

Steven's on record saying they disagreed with tactics and how Brenda cost Liverpool the title in 2014. 

Brenda wanted Steven the fuck out.

So he embarrasses him by starting him on the bench in a vital game against United, and then dropping him for the huge match against Madrid.

Steven was/is fucking furious with Brenda. 

Then, the final nails - Brenda puts together a contract that contradicted everything Brenda had told him he'd get, and there's no offer of a coaching role after 27 years at the club.

Gerrard is here for no other reason than to use Rangers to destroy a hated enemy -  Rodgers, who fucked him out of the club he lived and died for.

Welcome to the club, Steven!

I’ve no problem with any of that if it means he destroys the scum.

At the same time though, I’d be very surprised if he didn’t end up falling in love with the club. He’s always spoke highly of us and i think he seems like the kinda guy who wouldn’t shy away from doing his homework on us and finding out what we are all about.

2 minutes ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

Is Humphrey a bluenose? 

The “Obsession” thing I like. Like a back handed dig at the taigs.

Nah it’s befause Gerrard spoke of how one gripe he was of modern day footballers is their lack of passion. He says he was obsessed with his job and obsessed at succeeding. That’s what Humphrey is referring to.

Just now, TheHammer_WATP said:

I’ve no problem with any of that if it means he destroys the scum.

At the same time though, I’d be very surprised if he didn’t end up falling in love with the club. He’s always spoke highly of us and i think he seems like the kinda guy who wouldn’t shy away from doing his homework on us and finding out what we are all about.

Wouldn't disagree with that.

5 minutes ago, StirlingBear72 said:

Hope to fuck there's definietly investment for him otherwise it's an inevitable outcome.

He won't come if there isnt significant funds. Despite being a scouser, he isn't stupid and knows he'd be a dead man walking without the funds to completely overhaul the playing and coaching staff.

14 minutes ago, terminator said:

Really!!!

Gerrard will manage Rangers for one reason and one reason alone - he fucking hates Brenda!

Keys documented the 'war' between them in Steven's last season and the 'scandalous' way Rodgers treated him.

Brenda saw Steven as a rival in a power struggle at Liverpool.

Steven's on record saying they disagreed with tactics and how Brenda cost Liverpool the title in 2014. 

Brenda wanted Steven the fuck out.

So he embarrasses him by starting him on the bench in a vital game against United, and then dropping him for the huge match against Madrid.

Steven was/is fucking furious with Brenda. 

Then, the final nails - Brenda puts together a contract that contradicted everything Brenda had told him he'd get, and there's no offer of a coaching role after 19 years at the club.

Gerrard is here for no other reason than to use Rangers to destroy a hated enemy -  Rodgers, who fucked him out of the club he lived and died for.

Welcome to the club, Steven!

happy-dance-animated-gif-image-1-2.gif#.

14 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Going to argyle house for lunch today so hoping i might get see him if he is there 

I was there on Tuesday after I done the ibrox tour, cunts running about with long lens camera's asking if I had seen Gerrard, by the way argyle house was nice but a wee bit pricey. 

Rangers target James McArthur reckons Steven Gerrard is the perfect fit for the Ibrox club.

And the Crystal Palace midfielder says players will be desperate to play under him.

Boyhood Gers fan McArthur has backed Liverpool legend Gerrard, who resumed talks with Rangers yesterday, to be a resounding success in Glasgow.

McArthur said: “I think it’s a good move. It’s probably a risk on both sides because it’s a hard job right now and it’s someone with not much experience.

“But I think it’s a perfect fit. As a person and obviously as a top player, he’s got so many experiences.

“And what player doesn’t want to play for Steven Gerrard?”

Hopefully this is a good sign of what's to come.

4 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

Hopefully this is a good sign of what's to come.

Yet another player not good enough for Scotland who is on the wrong side of 30.

much rather we tried to get Mcginn and mcgeouch regardless of who they support or what happened in the past. Young, fresh good footballers. 

Mcarthur wanting a pay day and he’s never been that good.

26 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Charlie Adam is a certainty to come here now.

I’m sure Gerrard used to rip into him for the state he would come back to pre season in. Spewing his ring and 3 stone over weight.

i get the impression that he will be a bit more professional and find this unacceptable 

Archived