Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, I-AM-ONE said:

No there isn't, as has been said plenty of times already, Souness had the benefit of English teams being banned from Europe allowing him to use the money we had then to bring in some serious world class talent.

And given the state of King and the shit that cunt is in, I fail to see how he has any ability to promise any substantial funds to anyone until all this nonsense is sorted with ownership and that bollocks.

It's rumoured we spent roughly £10 mill on players this season, I can't see how King can promise more than that and if he can, where the fuck was that investment in the first place?.

I fail to see any reason why Gerrard would of spent so long in getting assurances against not getting substantial funds only to be hoodwinked to what you see in ownership issues etc. I think you can rest assured that King has promised enough funds that will allow Rangers to beat the paedophile team and Gerrard would of had lawyers etc advising him prior to him signing. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Souness no experience/Gerrard has coaching experience. Your comparison is bollocks. 

Souness could sign the best england had because of the ban/we don’t need to the best England has, I wouldn’t even shop in that over priced market. Your comparison is bollocks. 

1 single year of U18's were his team are sitting 3rd is great experience, yep.

Souness had the success he had because he had real true backing, regardless of his experience or lack thereof as a coach, what has been promised to Stevie G is for me a case of I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't mean by getting in crocks like Skrtel. 

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

I fail to see any reason why Gerrard would of spent so long in getting assurances against not getting substantial funds only to be hoodwinked to what you see in ownership issues etc. I think you can rest assured that King has promised enough funds that will allow Rangers to beat the paedophile team and Gerrard would of had lawers etc advising him prior to him signing. 

All I say is, I struggle to believe anything King has to say.

proof will be in the pudding, let's see what he offers and what actually happens in terms of players brought in.

Wasn't convinced by this and to an extent I'm still unsure but its certainly exciting. One things for sure, for all his inexperience he will command respect from players that the last 3 just couldn't. Also though hes a rookie I cant see him being like the last one we had, I don't quite see him getting the players to batter footballs off his bare arse in training, there will be no fucking about that's for sure as by all accounts he is one serious individual when it comes to his profession. He surely must get what he thinks he needs money wise or he will walk away pretty quick, if that happens then that absolutely must be the final straw for king.

Just now, I-AM-ONE said:

proof will be in the pudding, let's see what he offers and what actually happens in terms of players brought in.

Kings a cancer hopefully he moves on and its new investors.

Sam Allardyce was just asked about Gerrard in Everton's presser for tomorrow :lol: - at least there's definitely going to be an enhanced spotlight on the club for a while. 

My English colleagues down here are all buzzing about it. They're more excited than me

2 minutes ago, I-AM-ONE said:

I think he is already having an effect. Posters such as yourself who joined during admin but haven’t been on (or at least posted) since, for whatever reason, are now coming back on here. That interest is being mirrored all over the country.

I hope we're ready to capitalise on his global appeal, get our shirts shipped out to Singapore and Indonesia etc

Edit- I say shipped out,  they're probably made over that way

I have high hopes for Gerrard tbh.

Hopefully he gets to sign who he wants. Hearing McArthur rumours - surely not. He’s rotten. He’s exactly the type of signing Allen would make. 

Gerrard has his own ideas of football, how it should be played to be successful and who he needs to achieve it. He needs to identify who he wants and not get given some past it class of 2008 signings or given players who some other guy thinks fits.

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Sam Allardyce was just asked about Gerrard in Everton's presser for tomorrow :lol: - at least there's definitely going to be an enhanced spotlight on the club for a while. 

My English colleagues down here are all buzzing about it. They're more excited than me

It's unbelievable how we're thought of in England compared to this republican shithole

Archived