JD Sports to become official retail partner

7 hours ago, Brubear said:

Can you provide me a link. Any research I do shows SD pulling out of the court case as the Judge was clearly favouring King in the exchanges and the unfair nature of the contract became more and more clear. Rangers had tore up the contract and SD tried to sue King over it, but eventually pulled out of his legal action. I can find no record of any payment from Rangers to SD and certainly no reference to a new contract.  

First hit on Google throws up:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40358177

As for the payment to SD, it was in the annual accounts - 3 million to SD with around 1 million due back in dividends.

1 hour ago, Virtuoso said:

As for the payment to SD, it was in the annual accounts - 3 million to SD with around 1 million due back in dividends.

But but we never made any money from the SD deal. ??

Why do they feel the need to lie about the SD deal, there was enough truthful things wrong with the deal. 

4 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Ok guys. I apologise. The memory of an old man. I forgot we re-entered a new contract with SD.  The original question still stands. Is there definitely a first option clause in favour of SD in the contract. 

8 hours ago, Gman36 said:

@Blue Avenger has Dave King found out where you live? 

Out for dinner with him a few weeks ago at the Hilton.

Dave is many things and I hated him for the broken promises and the legal skirmishes he got us into.

However the fucking taigs and the rest of the haters are that fucking relentless the one thing that King could do well at, is fucking the lot of them if he put his mind to it, which he now doing and more to come I feel. At the end of the day, love him or loathe him, he is our man with an MO that can bury those cunts.

Ditching Murray and appointing Gerrard was the real deal. The game changer for me and a pivotal moment as to our future.

So we head in the right direction both on and off the park and all credit to him. If anyone should be good at putting those hating scum bastards in their place, then It's him. They want to continue to play dirty, well we well and truly have a match for  them and I'm fucking loving it.

Good things ARE coming.

5 hours ago, Brubear said:

Ok guys. I apologise. The memory of an old man. I forgot we re-entered a new contract with SD.  The original question still stands. Is there definitely a first option clause in favour of SD in the contract. 

I would like to know about the first option as well, not because I am concerned about continuing with SD, but many probably are.

We need to strart buying as soon as our tops and gear is available and just hope the board have as good a deal as we can get from whoever that is. 

6 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I would like to know about the first option as well, not because I am concerned about continuing with SD, but many probably are.

We need to strart buying as soon as our tops and gear is available and just hope the board have as good a deal as we can get from whoever that is. 

TBH, we should not be questioning any of this. Did we do same when Minty in charge? No, so why are we getting all this questioning with King in charge?

Whomever the board/King  select should be good enough for all. Are some implying that he wouldn't get the best deal? King more than anyone I would trust to get the best deal. He is certainly no charity and loves money. He will NOT be selling RFC short 100%!

19 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

The time has come to put all the petty bickering shite and picking the bones out of every deal behind us. It serves no purpose and is divisive.

Dave King is now leading from the front and I'm loving it. Good things are coming our way and much to be positive about. IMO he  is now making all the right moves. 

I do not care one jot who Dave appoints as our retail outlet. I trust his judgement and back him whomever he appoints.

Time to draw a line in the sand and let our leaders do their job. We might not like some of their decisions and no doubt they will make some wrong ones, but we are on the right course now and I give King all the credit for that. We've had six years of chewing  wasps and disappontments, like treading in molasses. It's now done with.

King has now driven change from top to bottom at a stroke and it was needed. Who would have thought that Murray would have bitten the dust under King?!  The timing was perfect and it looks like no more prisoners. He has gone for it and now we might be able to enjoy the football without all the boardroom hystrionics.

IMO the Stevie G brand and Rangers is a master stroke that will reap many benefits. A new spring in the step, an extra yard for the players and my chest is pouting a little more in light of all the recent events.

The fucking taigs are apoplectic and I'm wetting my fucking pampers at them.

We are witnessing a revolution. Maybe not as grand as the coming of Souness, but every hater in the land has been put on notice.

Time to unite behind this board and let this corrupt backwater see who we really are and what we are all about for the first time in a long time. That doesn't equal complacency, but just let our leaders do their job and we the support give our team the turbo boost on a Saturday.

Fair do's to you BA. After spending the past couple of years typing up thousands of posts relentlessly slaughtering Dave King you now appear to be all for him on the back of the SG appointment and a couple of statements attacking our enemies.

You're a special character.

12 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

TBH, we should not be questioning any of this. Did we do same when Minty in charge? No, so why are we getting all this questioning with King in charge?

Whomever the board/King  select should be good enough for all. Are some implying that he wouldn't get the best deal? King more than anyone I would trust to get the best deal. He is certainly no charity and loves money. He will NOT be selling RFC short 100%!

I have read for a week or so about SD having first shot at the deal but not seen any evidence and just added my interest to the posters request. I have no problem if SD continue but I think some will and just hope if they do keep the contract then fans will accept it as the best dead we can get and buy, buy, buy which I think will happen. 

I think we are on the same page BA, but maybe from a different angle. 

I have liked the attacks on the haters like everyone else but still wary of King, if he proves me wrong then we will all be winners. :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

Fair do's to you BA. After spending the past couple of years typing up thousands of posts relentlessly slaughtering Dave King you now appear to be all for him on the back of the SG appointment and a couple of statements attacking our enemies.

You're a special character.

I did know he'd listen eventually! :sarcasm:

Sometimes things stare you in the face and you don't see it. He caught me off guard with the Gerrard appointment and many others I would imagine and you then reflect to identify the positivity in the character and just how it could be harbouring the winning formulae. I concluded Dave has it and fuck his past. More serious matters at hand.

It's not just the Gerrard appointment. He made a monumental decision that will change the course of our history. This is business. We've had six years of treacle and disappointment and going nowhere. The Scottish footballing world has now been turned on it's head. Not a fucking one expected this, nor wanted it, such is their hate. We ruined the scum's record breaking season, without a Gerrard ball being even kicked. They hate us more as a consequence, well just bring it on. 

This would never happened if Dave didn't make the Gerrard appointment and it would never have happened without the King connection to Liverpool. I'm sure Gerrard will turn out to be a breath of fresh air on the managerial front, but commercially, he is the lever we needed to attract significant investment and the board will be able to exploit it to the full to mutual advantage. This is seriously important. Business wise this is a top decision and only King could do it. This will have the net effect of having a better product on the park.

Murray is gone and this is all serious step change. All that I have wanted.

Now Dave is many things and has many skills and some quite unique and just what we need to repel all boarders in those hating conniving bastards that we are surrounded with in this backwater. 

They are not for going away, but Dave has served notice on every last one of them. I don't think he likes losing and with his unique skill set without going into any detail, he/we will win. He has had enough of it.

We also now have quite a unique asset in Gerrard and not that he can't stand up for himself by any means, but he also needs protected and backed. King is well up for it, that is clear. Together this combo will be a powerfull force. 

All this is a big throw of the dice from Dave as he stands to lose a pretty penny personally, but he had the balls to do it and deserves the credit for it and he and us will reap the rewards for it.

He has become my likeable rogue and he is what we need at this point in time. The club needs turned around and it's now happening.

There should be no more questioning all this retail pish and picking the bones every other business decision FFS, as none of them are daft and I have every faith in King getting us the best deal in anything he negotiates. There is absolutely no reason why he wouldn't. He didn't get to where he is for being an absolute fanny. Sure they will get some things wrong, but in the main we are now set on the right and fruitfull path.

The pride is returning we take our club back from all boarders and take our rightfull place at the top table.

We now beat the haters instead of beating ourselves.  Let King, Gerrard and this board do their job and we will all reap the rewards.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

All this is a big throw of the dice from Dave as he stands to lose a pretty penny personally, but he had the balls to do it and deserves the credit for it and he and us will reap the rewards for it.

Seriously, you must have been on safari when he was being eviscerated at various court hearings, while claiming penury.

14 hours ago, backup said:

Seriously, you must have been on safari when he was being eviscerated at various court hearings, while claiming penury.

Matters little and I was his worst critic.

Let us say he paid the price for his misdemeanors with SARS. He has TOP well covered. Time to move on. We are all saveable, apart from the scum.

His skill set is to our advantage and most needed in dealing with our enemies in this shithole. He had his ways and not that I agree with them all, but if to our advantage, I give not one fuck. Our haters not content with what they have already done to us, they want to continue to play down and dirty, well they are now dancing with the devil and hell mend them. I hope he buries every last fucking one of them. They started the war and we will finish it.

He's made the necessary changes from top to bottom and with Gerrard, they make a powerfully combo.

Personally speaking of late, he is playing a blinder both business wise and football wise.

We take this title and I have a reasonable expectation that we will, it will be down to one man, Dave King, as he took the chance and only he could have brought Gerrard here and we will thrive both on and off the park thereafter.

Not much more to be said really.

I would like to know what percentage of money for each sale goes directly to the club.?

It is my understanding that most retailers take at least 50% of the sale. Manufacturer 30-35%?

Which leaves about 15-20%?

So I spend a hundred quid, the club gets twenty quid?

9 minutes ago, insider said:

I would like to know what percentage of money for each sale goes directly to the club.?

It is my understanding that most retailers take at least 50% of the sale. Manufacturer 30-35%?

Which leaves about 15-20%?

So I spend a hundred quid, the club gets twenty quid?

With a name like Insider i'd have been hoping you had the answers TBH