David Mellor

Virtuoso

Just now, RFC Eagle said:

He never seemed to have an issue with me supporting Rangers and I'm English and a Unionist. Unless you meant, specifically supporting because of the Unionist link rather than being the quintessential British club. 

I can't understand any Englishman who supports the other mob for the life of me. 

Yes that's exactly what it is.

The context was something along the lines of us supporting Rangers for all sorts of reasons - all acceptable - because of your father, you liked the strips when young, first team you heard of etc ... it was all fine and all are welcome ... unless your English and support the club because of the Unionist links ... that's bad but the other reasons for supporting our clubs fine. 

Fat wank.

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yes that's exactly what it is.

The context was something along the lines of us supporting Rangers for all sorts of reasons - all acceptable - because of your father, you liked the strips when young, first team you heard of etc ... it was all fine and all are welcome ... unless your English and support the club because of the Unionist links ... that's bad but the other reasons for supporting our clubs fine. 

Fat wank.

I'd think thats a very very small cohort for him to have a problem with. Its a bizarre criteria to judge on and I've never met a Rangers fan who has ever asked me why. It shouldn't matter how any of us got here.

I try and spread the word when I can and enlighten those taken in by the lazy/biased reporting they have seen. 

3 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

English Premiership, World Cup. Not remotely interested,. Rangers only and nothing else, oh and well said David mellor?

I don't support anyone outside of Rangers but I couldn't imagine not watching any other football. 

I watch a ridiculous amount of it. I've even found myself watching the league of ireland highlights lately since its the only thing still going at this time of year :lol:

Just now, RFC Eagle said:

I'd think thats a very very small cohort for him to have a problem with. Its a bizarre criteria to judge on and I've never met a Rangers fan who has ever asked me why. It shouldn't matter how any of us got here.

I try and spread the word when I can and enlighten those taken in by the lazy/biased reporting they have seen. 

Well he had a problem with it alright - he considered it supporting Rangers for the wrong reasons, despite the debate earlier being a broad church, all welcome for whatever reason you got into supporting Rangers for.

Fat poof.

2 hours ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Obviously live and let live is the way to be in every day life. BUT... fuck supporting the country that bombed our cities and took many a young Bear's life before it had even been lived.

And if you're talking arrogance in football... the Germans make the English look shy and retiring.

Oh - and let's not forget one of the main England pundits is of course Ian Wright - who has just made another decent fist of standing up to cunty collymore.

Well said sir! I was born in Scotland but I have English relatives which many Scots have.  I now find it very hard to support the Scottish football team post devolution and the secessionists attitude to England is outrageous racism and I am not being staunch.  So for me I’d have no problem if England won the tournament and I certainly wouldn’t support any of the nations at this World Cup in a game against them.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye, you're still Scottish. 

Your aunt being from Germany has no bearing on your nationality. Its as bad as Americans thinking they're half irish and all that pish

Yes, I'm Scottish but I would prefer not to be.

54 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Well that's just wrong

So is being a unionist according to the snp but I still am.

As I have said before "Tomorrow Belongs To Me"

Call me a Nazi if you like, I might not deny it.

2 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Yes, I'm Scottish but I would prefer not to be.

So is being a unionist according to the snp but I still am.

As I have said before "Tomorrow Belongs To Me"

Call me a Nazi if you like, I might not deny it.

:confused:

I think a lot of people saying "international football is shite" is reflection on two things, 1) the long boring qualification process and too many irrelevant international friendlies and 2) most of us don't really indentify or support the Tartan Trannies. 

If we had a national team we indentified with and they were semi decent we'd be all over the World Cup! 

Rangers first, obviously.

Thereafter the World Cup is the biggest thing going in football and even sport terms.

When else would you watch some of the mental games the tournament throws up or chat to middle aged female colleagues about football? 

4 minutes ago, gsa said:

I think a lot of people saying "international football is shite" is reflection on two things, 1) the long boring qualification process and too many irrelevant international friendlies and 2) most of us don't really indentify or support the Tartan Trannies. 

If we had a national team we indentified with and they were semi decent we'd be all over the World Cup! 

Thereafter the World Cup is the biggest thing going in football and even sport terms.

When else would you watch some of the mental games the tournament throws up or chat to middle aged female colleagues about football? 

Agree with that mate, will watch every minute of the World Cup I can but can't remember the last international qualifier I watched. The World Cup and to a lesser extent the euros are completely different.

I find Rangers fans supporting England equally as cringey and pathetic as I find taigs that support the Republic of Ireland.

I don't like international football apart from the big tournaments. I'll watch as much of the World Cup as possible but won't be supporting anyone.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I don't support anyone outside of Rangers but I couldn't imagine not watching any other football. 

I watch a ridiculous amount of it. I've even found myself watching the league of ireland highlights lately since its the only thing still going at this time of year :lol:

The MLS is also still on ?

54 minutes ago, gsa said:

Yeah but we don't so it's a moot-point ... it doesn't even have to be a good national team, I wouldn't care if they were shit - just one that was Rangers and unionist-friendly. It's not a lot to ask in all honesty. I don't expect the national team to be all Rangers players, ex Rangers managers, no fenians, playing GSTQ as the national anthem and Union jacks everywhere .. I'm not an entitled bastard but I just don't want almost the complete opposite of that either and run by a Rangers-hating organisation that tried to put us out the game.