Kilmarnock 1 Rangers 5 May 2011

RFC55

16 minutes ago, cp9 said:

Watched it in the old Hayburn (GBNF). Absolute chaos, don't think anyone managed to get any drink down their throat in those 15 minutes. Was fucking drenched. Amazing day.

I watched the 2009 Tannadice game in there. Spent 60 quid on champagne just to soak everyone. My wee mate ended up in just his boxers with his clothes  all on the radiator :lol:

One of the best days supporting The Gers ever. Was at home, watching it with my then new gf and she doesnt even care about football , but was cheering even louder than i was. We went for a quick fuck during half time, then came back to we watch 2nd half and the celebrations. Good times. 

Easily one of my best days as a Rangers fan. I was in the louden with friends. Just one massive party the entire day.

I remember having us on 4-0 with Lafferty as 1st scorer. I wasn't pleased when he scored the 5th lol.

Headed to ibrox afterwards to see the team parade the title. Amazing day. 

I've told this tale a few times on here but fuck it. 

I was at sea for that game, taking HMS Dragon on sea trials.  I was supposed to be on bridge duty and doing electrical maintenance during the match but one of the other sparks offered to cover for me so I could sneak off to watch it. 

There was about 50 bears squeezed into the Jr ratings rec space watching the match. Was absolute madness when we scored, cunts jumping about mental and just to add to the carnage, the ship was running figure 8 test turns at full rudder. 

Only downside was no beers but it's one I'll tell the grand weans about, a special memory that only 50 bears in the world will share. 

:UK:

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I watched the 2009 Tannadice game in there. Spent 60 quid on champagne just to soak everyone. My wee mate ended up in just his boxers with his clothes  all on the radiator :lol:

Hahaha they sold champagne?! Was some boozer. Shame to see it gone.

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Was there, punched my cousin in the mouth celebrating one of the early goals and burst his lip open by accident. ?

what a day, the next one will be even better. 

The next one will probably top even the original helicopter Sunday 

11 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Where does this day rank for everyone? For me it doesn't beat any of the two real helicopter Sunday's but honestly this is one of my best ever days following Rangers. 

For love nor money could I.get a Rangers end ticket, so was told on the Thursday that the killie club shop would sell tickets to anyone who wanted one. So me and two boys i worked with headed down to buy tickets. One of my mates gets in the shop and starts saying Ken and like after everything he said :lol:

the woman said "I know you're a Rangers fan, you've gave me a Glasgow address and you're putting on a daft accent" so he felt pretty daft after that. 

the day of the game itself was superb. Picked up at 730, then over to my mates for a few beers, patsys and bigotry. But as we were away and they tramps at home there was always that nagging doubt we might not do it. I think I was sick 3 times before leaving my mates house for the bus :lol:

Once we got there I was a mess kept getting up and talking to other bears I knew in the home end. We had a big fat killie fan next to us moaning like fuck about us Rangers fans in their end, so my mate told me to.stop winding him up and sit down. "See if we score early just sit on your hands ffs". Obviously as soon as it went in I'm cuddling the big fat killie fan much to his disgust :lol:. By the tenth minute the fat cunt was off and we just had a 90minute party. Watching as the first couple of goals went in huge pockets of Rangers fans going tonto in the home end won't ever leave me.

After it we went back to the pub that the bus left from. Was bouncing and a band were due to come on (not loyalist) and they were setting up. Every time they went to sing the whole pub erupted into choruses of loyalist songs or champions again and the wee lead singer ended up saying "yous are obviously having too good a time, we will be back next week when it's a bit quieter"

Honestly for me it was one of the very best in my lifetime. The fact they hadn't kicked off and we were winning made it all the better.

Plus any excuse for this video.

Some more of this tomorrow will do nicely against Livingston????

13 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

My favourite title win, even beats helicopter Sunday. Just for the way we started the game and won the league after 7 minutes.

Love seeing the guy in the Walter mask jump out the stand :lol: 

No chance, hearing scott macdonald scoring they two goals to literally rip the title out MoN's hands was the best feeling ever, 

Nothing beats Scott McDonald scoring twice into them. Remember watching the game just hoping like fuck Motherwell could snatch something...getting so late on and we were all thinking it wasn’t going to happen to hear the commentator say there has been a goal at fir park! We all started going mental then all of a sudden somebody shouted wait there has been another goal and my heart sank!

McDonald scores his 2nd and everyone just started going mental! Easily one of the best days including pens against Forientina. 

Think 55 will beat everything up until now though and I can’t wait!!

I really enjoyed watching those match highlights again. Interesting too, the work of Davie Provan, who is generous in his praise of an outstanding Rangers performance under pressure. 

It's a sign of the times that no one outside of Rangers TV could describe Rangers in such terms anymore. Sad to say, that includes those who were once generously paid by our club for their playing services.