Docherty

MrMckee

17 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Not just playing in a shite team but being completely misused in shite team. I'm still baffled as to why he was the one that got bombed out after that semi-final.

Me too but the only thing I can think of was his argument on the pitch with Morelos that seemed to go against him. For me that day, Murty made a cunt of just about everything, Halliday especially, I’ll never forget the way he hung the boy out to dry the way he did, no cunt deserved that. 

1 hour ago, SweepSweep said:

i can see positives about mccrorie and middleton, docherty offers absolutely nothing. I follow youth football quite closely and was astonished Rangers signed him, quite a few folk were amazed. I would honestly take 100k for the boy, we need to improve on what we have this season and he is miles behind them, no get him punted asap

Really? There's a Hamilton fan that posts on FF who rates Docherty higher than Mcarthur and Mcarthy. Both played quite a lot of games in the EPL. 

Just now, rfc1990 said:

Really? There's a Hamilton fan that posts on FF who rates Docherty higher than Mcarthur and Mcarthy. Both played quite a lot of games in the EPL. 

Definitely mate, the media had him down as a future Scotland captain just before he was linked to us ha ha 

No harm in having one last look at him in pre season, but I’d be careful judging him on his performances this season at Shrewsbury. I watch a fair few league one games each season with Bristol rovers being my local team and the standard in that league is appalling, people often bash the spl but it’s a huge step up from league one.

8 hours ago, SweepSweep said:

i can see positives about mccrorie and middleton, docherty offers absolutely nothing. I follow youth football quite closely and was astonished Rangers signed him, quite a few folk were amazed. I would honestly take 100k for the boy, we need to improve on what we have this season and he is miles behind them, no get him punted asap

Your either drunk or a tim mate, you would take 100k? hes been one of the best players in that league this season, we have midfielderd just now, but a think he will be needed next season, he has power and pace and can score

This is the problem, people want to give him a chance because he is a die hard fan. He is useless and won’t make grade, that’s why he is playing for Hamilton and now Shrewsbury. Need much more quality if we are to challenge for title 

55 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

You’re not winning the league with him in your team. 

He’s rotten. There’s a reason he’s at Shrewsbury. 

He’ll get a pre-season then be bombed out again. 

On that reasoning how do you explain Jamie Vardy winning the premier league with Leicester? 

If players are driven enough to succeed they'll play anywhere to get game time and that sometimes means dropping down in standard. 

I don't know if he'll turn out any good or not but he's done all he can do to prove he's worth a pre season with us to see if he can handle it.  There's also no harm or cost in it either so good luck to the lad he deserves it. 

8 minutes ago, Boyd9her said:

This is the problem, people want to give him a chance because he is a die hard fan. He is useless and won’t make grade, that’s why he is playing for Hamilton and now Shrewsbury. Need much more quality if we are to challenge for title 

😂

He was at Hamilton which has an impressive youth set up, where he got around a hundred appearances. After only 11 appearances for us he sought a move to get even more game time. He and the club agreed with his destination, that's why he's at Shrewsbury.

He's only 22 ffs. He's also a youth Scotland international. He might not be the answer for us but at least look at it objectively. 

Unfortunately a lot of our own fans have ridiculous expectations of youngsters and will hound them out of the club before they can achieve their promise. 

I personally don't think hes going to be a top drawer midfielder but given some of the shite we have had around the team in recent years you would think a 22 year old with promise would be afforded more time.

3 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

On that reasoning how do you explain Jamie Vardy winning the premier league with Leicester? 

If players are driven enough to succeed they'll play anywhere to get game time and that sometimes means dropping down in standard. 

I don't know if he'll turn out any good or not but he's done all he can do to prove he's worth a pre season with us to see if he can handle it.  There's also no harm or cost in it either so good luck to the lad he deserves it. 

Dele Alli was bought by Tottenham after a season in League 1 and the rest of history. People pretending like if you play well in league 1 it means nothing are weird.