Candeias Red Card

Bakbear

4 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Things is you need data to support an argument.

No matter how much we dislike stats there has to be demonstrable evidence of the lack of parity.

As BP9 consistently says, all teams supporters feel that they are being treated differently. So you have to back up the perception with actual data. 

Even with data it can be skewed. For example if Motherwell are bottom of the fair play table it is likely because they are a team of hammer throwers, not that there exists an unconscious bias. 

The beauty of BP9’s trolling is that there is an immense amount of subjectivity in this topic and while it is clear as day to any casual observer that we are treated differently, unless you can triangulate empirically off some sort of stats then all you get is opinion. The more stats available the less subjective it becomes and the more there is actual solid evidence for what we all know to be true. 

I actually believe no amount of stats backing up bias, or even if Collum actually came out and said I hate Rangers and do indeed blatantly cheat them BP9 still wouldn’t believe it. 

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I actually believe no amount of stats backing up bias, or even if Collum actually came out and said I hate Rangers and do indeed blatantly cheat them BP9 still wouldn’t believe it. 

? funny that thought occurred to me yesterday too. 

13 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

A list made by Rangers fans about decisions against Rangers is hardly ‘balance’ - especially one started with the premise that the world is unbalanced against us. 

Yeah you're right mate, we should wait for fans of motherwell or celtc, or maybe dundee utd to do it for us.

:belm:

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

Off work sick so I may as well 

Life is not black and white. There are shades of grey. 

It is not simply a case of either complete impartiality on one hand and complete conspiracy on the other. There are shades of grey. 

The refereeing is shite. Across Scotland. It’s shite. Frankly St Mirren received yellow cards yesterday that were wrong. Everyone agrees that the refereeing is pish. The question is wether it is equally pish or not. 

It is absolutely undeniable that human behaviour is malleable. Humans can be influenced through the responses they get to their decisions. For 20 years now referees have been treated in a certain way by certain people which punished them for making decisions that didn’t suit a certain club. Like actual punishment. Getting fired from jobs type of punishment. While conversely if they made decisions to the detriment of another club, nothing happened at all and life was easy. 

Fast forward to today and what you have is referees making unconscious biased decisions that reflects that conditioning. 

I have pointed this out dozens of times on here. No one is suggesting that there is an organised conspiracy of referees saying “let’s fuck the big bad Rangers” 

but there is a lack of parity. Rangers get treated differently because when decisions go against Rangers we have historically sucked it up and got on with it. The good Protestant thing to do. Stiff upper lip. No use in complaining. Keep calm, carry on. Stoic to the last. Dignified silence. Presbyterian ethic of we are masters of our own fate, we don’t need help from anyone.  

Well this has now led to an insurmountable bias.

Our opponents are permavictims. Everything is someone else’s fault. Everything is because of the establishment. Always cheated never defeated. It’s no my fault that I am a waster it’s the system that’s rigged against me. No personal accountability. If that ref gives a foul against us I am panning his windows in. Coin him. Have a PI follow him. Get him fired from his job.  

I don’t have the access to the study but if it’s correct that we get a booking every 4.5 fouls while the Victhims get a booking every 9.5. Then the stats are damning. There is an unconscious bias against Rangers and there is a lack of parity. 

And frankly this is particular to referees. I do happen to believe there is an unfettered hatred of Rangers in the media as well.  But that’s a different thing

Outstanding post mate. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Strict liability should concern all clubs equally, even the scum. But they'll have learned from the obfa that it's about how it's monitored, policed and punishment meted that is important. When court are involved, the corrupt can't control, hence scum too got done and the Act was repealed.

With SL, agencies like NBM and the new anti Catholic one will become more vocal, treated like the voice of reason. The press will highlight certain issues and ignore others. The compliance officer will focus attention one way. The authorities will dish out punishment based on what is presented before them. No one will police it impartially, the stitch up will be complete.

Folk say Rangers fans can't behave now but have a look where all the FOCUS cops are recording. Coincidental our fans get done? Look at Sandcastlegate and how the msm report on us. The cup final lies. The anti Catholic propaganda machine is in full motion. And despite players being struck by coins, punched, etc it's still all about Lennon (with him goading fans and being struck on chest deleted from the narrative).

Its corrupt, it's happening in front of our eyes, and we're sleepwalking into it. We've all seen this story before and know the ending.

Great post 

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I'm starting to think that's why we are picking up so many bookings for next to nothing .It's incase they see a good chance to give us another cheap red

We then can't appeal

It's like they have learned from the 1st Aberdeen game 

This is exactly why they are doing it mate, well imo obviously.

I said as much to the wee man yesterday when we were watching and Jack got booked for winning a 50/50 ball after the whistle went yet St Mirren player never even got spoken to.

23 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

This is exactly why they are doing it mate, well imo obviously.

I said as much to the wee man yesterday when we were watching and Jack got booked for winning a 50/50 ball after the whistle went yet St Mirren player never even got spoken to.

Agreed mate 

It's getting done a lot more in the less vital games .The games we probably don't care so much about the bookings 

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Agreed mate 

It's getting done a lot more in the less vital games .The games we probably don't care so much about the bookings 

All these wee bookings mount up and lead to suspensions later on mate, it all counts in the long run plus looks less obvious.

For a DM like Jack to get booked early it leads to him having to watch his step for the rest of the match. Yesterday, before he was wrongly booked, he slid in and made a tremendous tackle much to the delight of the Bears, this probably irked Collum and first chance he got after it he booked Jack. No more flying into tackles for him for the rest of the game unless he was 100% certain of winning the ball, not prepared to battle for 50/50's incase he received a second yellow.

It's so bloody obvious yet some of our support seem to be blinded for some reason.

13 minutes ago, theweebluenose said:

I don't even get angry with these moronic decisions any more. It is almost like they are trying to outdo each other for a laugh.

I see what you are saying mate but this is the sort of attitude that has contributed to getting us in this predicament.

Not having a go mate as I know it's only a figure of speech from you (a normal fan) but the club needs to be angry about the decisions and demand answers.

We have to challenge these things because as someone else said the accumulation of these nothing cards eventually leads to suspensions that should never have happened. 

Its that bad I genuinely thought Collum would’ve booked Morelos for his celebration yesterday but in the back of his mind he thought Na we’ll wait to accumulate his booking so he missed an important game. 

Call me paranoid but thoughts like that shouldn’t even enter my head but the way it’s going and in the past there’s a clear agenda against us

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I see what you are saying mate but this is the sort of attitude that has contributed to getting us in this predicament.

Not having a go mate as I know it's only a figure of speech from you (a normal fan) but the club needs to be angry about the decisions and demand answers.

Agree completely with that, was meaning more that I've become used to batshit decisions every fee games.

At least Gerrard is upfront about this, in the past our managers haven't.

4 minutes ago, theweebluenose said:

Agree completely with that, was meaning more that I've become used to batshit decisions every fee games.

At least Gerrard is upfront about this, in the past our managers haven't.

Yeah I know mate, I knew were you were coming from with what you said and, let's be honest, most of our fans are the same now in that we have come to expect ludicrous decisions.

I like the fact that in Gerrard we have a manager not afraid to speak his mind and, due to his status in the game gets a lot of press coverage outwith Scotland,  to expose the cunts for what they are.

5 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Off work sick so I may as well 

Life is not black and white. There are shades of grey. 

It is not simply a case of either complete impartiality on one hand and complete conspiracy on the other. There are shades of grey. 

The refereeing is shite. Across Scotland. It’s shite. Frankly St Mirren received yellow cards yesterday that were wrong. Everyone agrees that the refereeing is pish. The question is wether it is equally pish or not. 

It is absolutely undeniable that human behaviour is malleable. Humans can be influenced through the responses they get to their decisions. For 20 years now referees have been treated in a certain way by certain people which punished them for making decisions that didn’t suit a certain club. Like actual punishment. Getting fired from jobs type of punishment. While conversely if they made decisions to the detriment of another club, nothing happened at all and life was easy. 

Fast forward to today and what you have is referees making unconscious biased decisions that reflects that conditioning. 

I have pointed this out dozens of times on here. No one is suggesting that there is an organised conspiracy of referees saying “let’s fuck the big bad Rangers” 

but there is a lack of parity. Rangers get treated differently because when decisions go against Rangers we have historically sucked it up and got on with it. The good Protestant thing to do. Stiff upper lip. No use in complaining. Keep calm, carry on. Stoic to the last. Dignified silence. Presbyterian ethic of we are masters of our own fate, we don’t need help from anyone.  

Well this has now led to an insurmountable bias.

Our opponents are permavictims. Everything is someone else’s fault. Everything is because of the establishment. Always cheated never defeated. It’s no my fault that I am a waster it’s the system that’s rigged against me. No personal accountability. If that ref gives a foul against us I am panning his windows in. Coin him. Have a PI follow him. Get him fired from his job.  

I don’t have the access to the study but if it’s correct that we get a booking every 4.5 fouls while the Victhims get a booking every 9.5. Then the stats are damning. There is an unconscious bias against Rangers and there is a lack of parity. 

And frankly this is particular to referees. I do happen to believe there is an unfettered hatred of Rangers in the media as well.  But that’s a different thing

Was watching that movie Defiance the other day and there was a scene in it were Liev Schreiber's character was asked by a Russian resistance commander, "what are Jews good at"? [in regards to a lack of organized resistance], and Schreiber replies "we are good at dying",  that statement kind of reminds me of our clubs attitude in regards to making formal complaints, until we start making noise we are just going to continue getting shafted, and we will get what we deserve, [the club that is not the fans].

Just watched sheep go ahead in 87th minute v Kilmarnock. Scorer Ferguson ran off park passing 1st set of hoardings to celebrate. Surprisingly wasn't booked.....

Perhaps that referee actually knows the rules, unheard of in Scotland i grant you. Hopefully Collum will get this book for his Christmas.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=riWCCgAAQBAJ&pg=PA95&lpg=PA95&dq=Leaving+the+field+of+play+to+celebrate+a+goal+is+not+a+cautionable+offence+but+players+should+return+as+soon+as+possible.&source=bl&ots=5yt5TUnjC7&sig=UehzkstEXLupNzVRBrzVAEPl7pQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjPjP_D67reAhVBWSwKHRSLB4oQ6AEwCXoECAEQAQ#v=onepage&q=Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence but players should return as soon as possible.&f=false

Just watched sheep go ahead in 87th minute v Kilmarnock. Scorer Ferguson ran off park passing 1st set of hoardings to celebrate. Surprisingly wasn't booked.....

I must admit I lost interest when they scored, but just assumed he would be booked. How can these rules be used so differently by different referees ??

35 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

BP9 might watch Rangers games like some sort of hobby but he's not one of us by any stretch 

Best treated with deserved contempt 

Best ignored, I can't understand why so many indulge the creepy little a...hole, it just gives him fuel.

58 minutes ago, GraemeDavis said:

Collum just keeps adding to his incompetence every match he ia in charge of.

I honest think he's the worst official in Scotland. 

The guy should be demoted. He's been at the centre of too many controversial decisions this season. 

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The first yellow is correct though

A player must be cautioned for: climbing onto a perimeter fence and/or approaching the spectators in a manner which causes safety and/or security issues.?

Archived