Connor Goldson

Vision

Fantastic attitude from him. I'd have to wonder what we were thinking starting a player in an Old Firm match who couldn't walk the day before and was struggling with an injury in the warm up, type of thing that's a disaster for the manager if it goes wrong or genius if it comes off. But if we lost that match and it came out after the game Goldson was still injured and was barely walking and we played him anyway Gerrard would have been in a world of shit. Luckily Goldson absolutely strolled the game and we won. Fair play to him for having that determination and passion, clearly not fake or pandering either. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He saw what it meant to us. He gets it now, what the club means to us, what the rewards can be from the support, what it means to play for and represent Rangers.

An unofficial captain in my eyes.

Was thinking while reading it that these are the words and attitude of a Rangers captain. Quite possibly could be next season.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

The win against them was something that had to happen for us to ever win anything again. The mental block of having never beat them was crippling us 

This. The last few years we all thought the only chance we had of even winning a cup was to avoid celtic. As soon as we got them in the various semis most of us deep down  knew it probably wasn't going to end well as Much as we didn't want to admit it. 

5 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

I was saying at the time that we needed the win but when I’m reading players going on about that win it’s as if they think the jobs done. About like the Scots semi win on pens. The team thought that they’d acheived something and it cost us the final.

id much prefer the players to down play the win as more often than not they slip up again.  

We needed the win but if as I say we slip up again before celtic then beating them means as much as hearts beating them.

Was thinking today that the break might have come at just the right time.  No backlash from them in the next game and no complacency from us due to time between that game and the next in the league.

By fuck it feels good to finally have players who get it!!

He smiled: “The whole stand was bouncing. “As we were walking off the pitch, I just took a moment to appreciate it. “There are good times in football that you need to take in and there are bad times that you need to get rid of as quickly as you can. “So when the good times are there, I try to take them in.

I think my face said everything — I was just full of joy and happiness. “We knew how big that game was. We knew we had to turn up, and we did so. “That little bit after the game was just me taking in what it actually means to people.