Ronnie O’Sullivan

16 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Hendry achieved all his records on seven tournaments a year , compared to around 40 they play these days.

OSullivan is the most naturaly gifted player , but Hendry is the greatest of the lot.

Don't think Ronnie plays them all does he?

He also looks like he can go another 10 years. 

I only changed my opinion on the best ever in the last few years, so I'm not fully disagreeing here, I just think it's hard to not realise it now.

7 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Don't think Ronnie plays them all does he?

He also looks like he can go another 10 years. 

I only changed my opinion on the best ever in the last few years, so I'm not fully disagreeing here, I just think it's hard to not realise it now.

Nope he doesnt but hes been playing at least 3 times more tournaments than Hendry ever did , and hes still not took all his records. He will never win 7 world titles either. Hes easily the most gifted player theres ever been but Hendry blew everybody away in his time.

Used to watch him play at Spencers in Stirling where he had his own table , guy was unbelievable........

3 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Nope he doesnt but hes been playing at least 3 times more tournaments than Hendry ever did , and hes still not took all his records. He will never win 7 world titles either. Hes easily the most gifted player theres ever been but Hendry blew everybody away in his time.

Used to watch him play at Spencers in Stirling where he had his own table , guy was unbelievable........

Used to work at the Lakeside darts years ago, 20 plus, but there were always guys who knew both sports very well and they were the types of guys who would have been in those places, the darts example was a guy saying watch out for Gary, meaning Gary Anderson, sort of chat like always put a fiver on him for the PDC worlds, years before he went over or started winning.

9 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Hendry achieved all his records on seven tournaments a year , compared to around 40 they play these days.

OSullivan is the most naturaly gifted player , but Hendry is the greatest of the lot.

Aye that is so true.

12 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Just finished Hendry's book, would definitely recommend it!

I constantly have this argument with my mate who is a big Ronnie fan. People always throw Hendry's era around when mentioning his achievements, yet he was comfortably dominating when these guys were on the scene. One of Hendry's biggest issues was he lost the desire to practice combined with yips/psychological side.

As a lot of people say and I agree, Ronnie is the most naturally talented, but Hendry was the best ever. He literally a robot that couldn't be affected by pressure when he was in his prime.

Also his 147 in the final frame to win the Charity Challenge (score was 8-8 at the time) against Ronnie was unbelievable. Still don't think a tournament has been won, certainly not in a decider, by a 147.

4 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Just finished Hendry's book, would definitely recommend it!

I constantly have this argument with my mate who is a big Ronnie fan. People always throw Hendry's era around when mentioning his achievements, yet he was comfortably dominating when these guys were on the scene. One of Hendry's biggest issues was he lost the desire to practice combined with yips/psychological side.

As a lot of people say and I agree, Ronnie is the most naturally talented, but Hendry was the best ever. He literally a robot that couldn't be affected by pressure when he was in his prime.

Also his 147 in the final frame to win the Charity Challenge (score was 8-8 at the time) against Ronnie was unbelievable. Still don't think a tournament has been won, certainly not in a decider, by a 147.

The guy was on another planet , imagine the records he would have set if he had 40 tournaments to play in each year.

Remember one of the times he was destroying OSullivan , score was 4 or 5-1 and OSullivan just walked off before it ended.

17 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Frames per century 

Ronnie - 11

Hendry- 15

Ronnie is the better and more talented player, Hendry is the greater one due to his major wins.

Put Hendrys head on O’Sullivans talent and you’d have an unbeatable player.