***** Official EURO 2020 Qualifications Thread****

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

But you have similar standards in other countries leagues and they can still produce much better than Scotland. Every single campaign it is the absolute pits. As I said it's a joke. 

Other leagues don't laud thugs as good footballers we do. These guys this evening had a bit of pace, skill and power, compare and contrast to our shite and what the sheep and killie do

2 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Other leagues don't laud thugs as good footballers we do. These guys this evening had a bit of pace, skill and power, compare and contrast to our shite and what the sheep and killie do

McKenna and Shinnie aside, none of that team could be considered 'thugs'.

Scotland never qualified for anything before but they used to make a decent stab at it and I genuinely think there is a correlation between us being stuck in the third division and Scotland becoming an even worse side than they were before.

Generally speaking you had good representation within the squad from both us and celtic. The two biggest sides in Scotland providing players who had strong character and the ability to battle because at club level because they are competitive with each other over the course of a season 

Now you have a Scotland side built around a celtic team who lack a competitive edge because they can coast through the whole Scottish season every year and you’ve had years of us not being able to sign the best young Scottish players and bring them to a club where they develop a stronger will because traditionally you have to work hard and develop the ability and will to win every week.

They are reaping what they sowed IMO.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Scotland never qualifies for anything before but they used to make a decent stab at it and I genuinely think there is a correlation between us being stuck in the third division and Scotland becoming an even worse side than they were before.

Generally speaking you had good representation within the squad from both us and celtic. The two biggest sides in Scotland providing players who had strong character and the ability to battle because at club level they are competitive with each other over the course of a season 

Now you have a Scotland side built around a celtic team who lack a competitive edge because they can coast through the whole Scottish season every year and you’ve had years of us not being able to sign the best young Scottish players and bring them to a club where they develop a stronger will because traditionally you have to work hard and develop the ability and will to win every week.

They are reaping what they sow IMO.

Been thinking of that correlation myself, good post. Sadly, they made that bed and now have to wank on it.

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Easy ran by hopeless idiots that couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. 

SFA are in the stone age compared to other football associations

This is it and you hear every year a couple of countries turning it around and I can't see how it's going to change or improve for Scotland ever with the type of profiles that get put in charge.

48 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Other countries mantra is play football, in Scotland the philosophy is stop anyone who can play football at any cost.

Archived