Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BeargerNo.1

Dave King Statement

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Did we not get this same drivel last season too? 

I want to see real positive action over this puffed up nonsense making. Show us that our ST money is making dramatic improvements to win us leagues, titles and trophies....not in a couple of years or so neither. This season coming!

Stop taking the piss out of our loyalty, Dave! 

 

It's the same year on year....ah but this and ah but that. No buts and excuses. Just do it. 

 

We’ve had the same speech since his board got power and we are still trophy less. 

They are simply trying to spend as little as they can to win the league and it isn’t working. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

I like how this letter came with the renewal forms

im going to pin it to the notice board in the kitchen so I can remind myself daily how much he cares

I’ve got 4 copies, so that’s the toilet roll sorted for a couple of days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Obviously 'towards the first team squad' means bugger all in reality, beyond the obvious that the more cash we have, the more we'll be able to spend on players.

No idea why people get bothered by these statements. Clubs all over the country release them at this time of year with similar amounts of meaningless guff. 

Maybe because not all clubs have the realistic expectation of winning a league title. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cp9 said:

Were you unhappy after the last two transfer windows?

Yes. 

Out of 15 signed...there has only been consistency from a few. Are you happy with the way this season has went compared to how it should have? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Quite unhappy with Jan to be honest. Summer was fine to good. 

This summer needs to be excellent. 

Fair enough. Don't think that was a view shared by most though. Davis and Defoe on paper looked like very good business.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

He says nothing - he gets grief.

He says Gerrard has done well and we’re on the right road - he gets grief.

:duh:

Very little in his statement that I could argue with.

Another season like this one will be unacceptable but the gap between where we were and where we belong was always going to take at least two seasons. I was as optimistic, impatient and unrealistic as everyone else in hoping we could do it in one. He’s spot on in identifying the inconsistency borne of establishing a new management team and an overhaul of the playing staff.

As a first step, we have established ourselves ahead of the rest and I believe that we are no more than two or three players away from where we need to be.

Be great if King spent the weekend in the Louden singing songs and buying rounds but, although he’s a long way from perfect, we are better off for having him than we would be if he wasn’t here.

King has been in charge for 3 seasons, so when does the last season become the final unacceptable one. 

He cant get the job done, time to let someone else have a go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cp9 said:

Fair enough. Don't think that was a view shared by most though. Davis and Defoe on paper looked like very good business.

 

Both were brought in as cover for what we already had, they didn’t improve the starting 11 in any way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Misteral said:

Lots of hate towards a man who dug us out of a big hole. He's not perfect but we are in a much better place than when we were before he came back, at least IMO.

Have we won anything??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Yes. 

Out of 15 signed...there has only been consistency from a few. Are you happy with the way this season has went compared to how it should have? 

 

 

That's not what I asked. Particularly after the summer transfer window the majority of fans were happy with the business done. And there was a big buzz when Defoe and Davis were signed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Both were brought in as cover for what we already had, they didn’t improve the starting 11 in any way.

 

So you expected more in January?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Have we won anything??

Not yet. We all want a Mr. Moneybags but until then the board seems to be backing the manager with what finances it can, ATM.  What's your ideal scenario here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cp9 said:

So you expected more in January?

I expected at least 1 player if not 2 that would come in and be an improvement on our starting 11. 

Especially when the team and management had put a good chunk of cash into the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

"...…………..followed by periods of varying quality. "     One of those management-speak types of phrases.    Could also be used to describe the impact on the team resulting from Morelos' sendings off.

"...……..we are relentless in working hard behind the scenes, and up front when necessary, to make sure we are given the respect our club and our massive support deserves. But we will not engage in unseemly debates through the media."     Easy to say that the Club is relentless in working hard behind the scenes but what is the evidence of success?   What have they done that has caused the outcome of Rangers being given the respect the club and support deserves?  Its a statement from King that's hollow and without the substance of evidence to back it up.   Its just a 'trust us gov' type of statement.   

As for not engaging in unseemly debate through the media what sort of debate has the Club engaged in and what were the outcomes (what are the required outcomes)?   

The strategy of letting others (clubs and media) land blows and make statements which go without effective public response from Rangers is badged by the Club as an indicator of strength.    10 years and more ago that sort of strategy was the position of high moral ground, of being above the noisy fray and of getting the right sort of result / outcome via chats and influence in the corridors of football power.     In this era I think it is seen more and more as weakness.  Of ceding ground, views, opinion and so on to those who are prepared to occupy public media space and use it to press home their viewpoints and assertions.   

We are in a different age but the Board and execs hang on to the code of dignified silence as though it were still the good old days.    In this era he who forces the agenda, who makes the case most vigorously and consistently in the public domain, gets the attention and gets listened to.  I doubt if all that much of modern serous business (including football business) these days is done via discreet chats among a few folks in the quiet dark corridors of power.    If that is still the way it works for Scottish Football as far as Rangers is concerned then perhaps King could give a few examples of where this type of approach as worked to Rangers benefit?   What King is really saying to the Support is just take the guff and stuff coming from other clubs and the media and keep the other cheek permanently turned because we the Board will be doing fuck all in the public arena to change our ways of working to defend the Rangers case.        

Fully agree with this.  

I don't expect the board to shout their mouths off daily against our detractors,  but I do expect them to pull out the punches when it's vital to do so.  

Bears r us likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

He says nothing - he gets grief.

He says Gerrard has done well and we’re on the right road - he gets grief.

:duh:

Very little in his statement that I could argue with.

Another season like this one will be unacceptable but the gap between where we were and where we belong was always going to take at least two seasons. I was as optimistic, impatient and unrealistic as everyone else in hoping we could do it in one. He’s spot on in identifying the inconsistency borne of establishing a new management team and an overhaul of the playing staff.

As a first step, we have established ourselves ahead of the rest and I believe that we are no more than two or three players away from where we need to be.

Be great if King spent the weekend in the Louden singing songs and buying rounds but, although he’s a long way from perfect, we are better off for having him than we would be if he wasn’t here.

Would be the only time Marshall didn't moan about folk singing.  Although he'd find it hard to moan anyway as he'd have his tongue fully up King's gravy tunnel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Maybe because not all clubs have the realistic expectation of winning a league title. 

Meh. They all have their own versions of guff that are relevant to them and their expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Misteral said:

Not yet. We all want a Mr. Moneybags but until then the board seems to be backing the manager with what finances it can, ATM.  What's your ideal scenario here?

We get a chairman that knows what he’s doing. King has stumbled from one fuck up to the next, the board have to actively get more cash into the club. They seem happy to let the fans do the heavy lifting with a wee loan from them to keep the lights on. 

We need a proper CEO that has a backbone and genuinely knows the business world with a huge range of contacts. 

Malvern likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to a new season and optimistic about some decent new additions. Not too happy with the 5% increase as think the club should be investing the money and getting returns elsewhere not the fans footing the bill every year. Its a fine balance. 

Tend not to get too worked up about kings statements now as they often dont appeal to me and can't be arsed getting worked up. 

Hope the current fans and families get the extra 5% and dont get financially frozen out by the increase. 3 or 4 St's with 5% each is a good chunk of disposable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cp9 said:

That's not what I asked. Particularly after the summer transfer window the majority of fans were happy with the business done. And there was a big buzz when Defoe and Davis were signed.

 

You asked if I was unhappy with the transfer windows?

Didn't realise you were wanting the opinion of majority thoughts. Whether they were or weren't is irrelevant to what you asked me.

Defoe - I was on the fence due to his past as a player anyway, but I wasn't enamoured with Davis and I'm still not. 

So yes, is still the answer to your original question to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The South Africa-based businessman, who revealed he’s made more than £30million available to Rangers since 2015, has already been asked to guarantee against losses of up to £7m next season before the SFA agreed to grant the Light Blues a licence to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

If ST revenue solely goes to the first team then we’re looking at a £20 mill plus investment. Doubt it 

Paying the wages as well, players don't play for free you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Lots of hate towards a man who dug us out of a big hole. He's not perfect but we are in a much better place than when we were before he came back, at least IMO.

Don't hate the man. He has had some good points that have deserved praise...unfortunately it's a rare occurrence.  

Courtyard Bear likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...