80 minute champions

Trying not to look at this as an 'if my auntie had baws... ' point. Why are we only" 80 minute champions "?  Is it mental toughness that's been mentioned, is it lack of experience and of players who have won leagues. Is it over confidence thinking we can see out games with a goal lead, is it failure to  take our chances when dominating and not killing off teams? 

Probly a bit of it all. I think Gerrard did try and rectify some of this, Davis coming back, a proven winner, experienced former captain. Defoe a clinical striker to help kill off games. It seems to me hes learning and I'm feeling good about us being 90 minute champions next year 

8 hours ago, hooooootchy said:

Trying not to look at this as an 'if my auntie had baws... ' point. Why are we only" 80 minute champions "?  Is it mental toughness that's been mentioned, is it lack of experience and of players who have won leagues. Is it over confidence thinking we can see out games with a goal lead, is it failure to  take our chances when dominating and not killing off teams? 

Probly a bit of it all. I think Gerrard did try and rectify some of this, Davis coming back, a proven winner, experienced former captain. Defoe a clinical striker to help kill off games. It seems to me hes learning and I'm feeling good about us being 90 minute champions next year 

It does show how close we came to winning the league and also something we have to address for next season

We did drop a lot of points late on and they scored a lot of late winners

need to learn from this for next season

we need to have the game out of sight near full time which means having  lots of quality attacking options available

8 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

It does show how close we came to winning the league and also something we have to address for next season

It almost sounds like you are thinking about what the statistic means rather than shouting ‘fuck this pish’ and claiming it an embarrassment. 😀

15 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

It almost sounds like you are thinking about what the statistic means rather than shouting ‘fuck this pish’ and claiming it an embarrassment. 😀

I would hope the management are looking at it

On 22/05/2019 at 18:05, DBBTB said:

80 minute champions? Sounds like the sort of farfetched stat that Liverpool supporters are currently coming out with tbh.

What you mean were no getting a trophy either???

I agree though games are 95mins long now and we threw it away.

On 22/05/2019 at 17:55, Thermopylae said:

I'm not sure if it's true but apparently we would have won the league if the games only lasted 80 minutes.

I'm just wonder why that would be the case I don't think it's a lack of fitness in fact Rapid complemented us on that so what could it be?

I wonder if it's a lack of mental toughness? The one thing about teams who are used to winning is they always believe right until the end and that can often make the difference in a close game

I would suggest it equates to us conceding late on for a few draws mainly early on in the season and the fact they turned 3 draws into wins after Christmas, which undoubtedly changed the direction of where the title ended up. 

Someone should tell the manager and team a game can past for 95mins now not 80 

We could have won the league if those cheating, pedo harbouring scum had not started a campaign against us in 2012 and get us thrown out the league.  

Failure next season is not a option , don't want a great run in europa league, don't want the league or Scottish cups 

TITLE 55 MUST BE DELIVERED NEXT SEASON AND STOPPING THEM DOING 9, and we will have our bus tour and show these cunts what a real crowd is

On 25/05/2019 at 20:47, GOAT said:

Embarrassing thread.  Fuck them were winning that league next season.

Reminds me of kids now getting certificates at school because they took part in instead of winning anything. Whole thing gives me the boak. Our standards are slowly being diminished.