***Official Scotland National Team Thread***

33 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

They would be as well just playing in fucking green. Squad full of taigs. 

I've never liked the national team since 1978. Now I just despise them.

It's up to some of our Scottish players to get into the side, sadly since 2011 we just haven't been able to do it for many reasons out with our control. This is what's left, ceptic, Killie and Aberdeen players and English championship journeymen. Thought Jack might have got in, perhaps next season - sadly we don't have many players that can earn a cap at the moment. I grew up in the 80s and 90s when the Scotland side was rammed full of our players, it just goes in cycles really.

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

The key differences between Scotland and those other countries is our coaching is archaic, our league structure is archaic and our players don't go abroad at a young age. Read a thing recently that one of the reasons why Croatia do so well is they actively encourage young players to move into other leagues at a young age so they can develop quicker

Oli Burke. Ryan Gauld. Thank you and good night :lol: 

Our young players are nowhere good enough to go abroad.....barely good enough for our pishy league. Mind you, that's probably down to the shit coaching, so that part of your argument is valid! 😄 

3 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Leave that kinda pish to the worst poster on the forum @MisterC

Not even I would have come out with that one. Arfield has more chance of playing at a tournament with Canada than he would have with Scotland in any case. 

As for the squad, surprised not to see Jack in there but at least he can't get injured if he's not there. I'm apathetic about the mens team, watched the wummins teams earlier they'd give the mens team a game :lol:

8 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Morgan in particular is a shocking decision, wasn't even starting for Sunderland towards the end of the season and their fans have been slaughtering him.

You have to wonder how he came to be included? Greg Docherty has been playing well in the exact same league but I doubt he was even considered. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I just can't support a team full of tarriers, political stance aside. Only a few months ago there were 6 taigs in the starting 11. Fuck. That.

I argued this point in the late 80s...boys who regularly went to Scotland games couldn't understand why I didn't go....simple...I couldn't hate yer aitkens, mcstays, millers,malpas etc etc on a weekly basis then stand in ceremony to cheer them for Scotland...it would be hypocritical of myself 👍