Borna Barisic

4 minutes ago, Goldy boy said:

He’s a good player, and all the signs point towards him getting another chance.

Flan for certain games, but Borna is able to effect a game Halliday simply can’t.

At this moment in time going by last years performances Andy Halliday is miles ahead of a Croatian internationalist 

He looks to have performed really well in preseason and that's carried over in to the first competitive game.  Hopefully his injury problems are behind him.  This could be the season where he kicks on not only for us, but for Croatia, and full-fills his potential.  Can see him getting 10+ assists and a few goals for us.  

1 minute ago, TMB said:

He looks to have performed really well in preseason and that's carried over in to the first competitive game.  Hopefully his injury problems are behind him.  This could be the season where he kicks on not only for us, but for Croatia, and full-fills his potential.  Can see him getting 10+ assists and a few goals for us.  

Likewise I think he will provide a decent amount if assists and even chip in with the odd goal too.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I think people are using blue specs because Flanagan played well against the tims.

If there's no pace on the oppo flanks, Falanagan is reliable. As soon as pace is injected in his direction, he becomes a liability. Given that the idea of the flanks is usually pace driven, he has limited use as a full back. I'd like to see him in away games as a defensive/protective midfielder in front of the centre backs. He knows how to tackle and puts fear into opposition the way he crunches in and he'd be less exposed in the middle. No doubt, there'd  be a few late one and yellows, the odd red but he carries that liability on the flanks anyhow.

1 minute ago, Iain said:

If there's no pace on the oppo flanks, Falanagan is reliable. As soon as pace is injected in his direction, he becomes a liability. Given that the idea of the flanks is usually pace driven, he has limited use as a full back. I'd like to see him in away games as a defensive/protective midfielder in front of the centre backs. He knows how to tackle and puts fear into opposition the way he crunches in and he'd be less exposed in the middle. No doubt, there'd  be a few late one and yellows, the odd red but he carries that liability on the flanks anyhow.

Falanagan? 

6 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I think people are using blue specs because Flanagan played well against the tims.

No he proved to defensively he was better than Barisic and Halliday  -- though as I've said numerous times hope the former motors on this season