Who Else Now Needs To Go?

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I’d be delighted if we got rid of Foderingham, Alnwick, Dodoo, Holt, Herrera, Dorrans, Grezda Hardie, Lafferty, not loans, totally away. 

I’d be looking to loan some of the promising youngsters as well. 

Helander and Kent in, Morelos and Tav kept and we’re laughing. 

I largely agree with that but do think we need to keep either Fod or Alnwick.

Would be seriously nervous about having Firth as the only back up to our 38 yr old keeper.

Also, if we did add Kent, that’d be Morelos, Defoe, Stewart, Kent, Jones, Hastie, Ojo and Candeias (and arguably Arfield) all vying for 3 places. So do wonder if we’d still be a bit bulky.  Don’t envy Gerrard, that’s for sure...

4 minutes ago, Kaydubya11 said:

I don't think Kent will be back

I agree, it's almost as if when he was with us he thought it would be good signing for us or being a loan player, but now that's he's been down at Liverpool has perhaps been promised certain things or guided away from us.

I firmly believe if he wanted to be back here on loan he would be and I think his head has been perhaps turned a little bit.

Id keep Candeias and in addition to the above I’d loan out Hastie. This time last year he was out on loan at Alloa and it’s to big a jump to expect him to make a meaningful contribution this season. Too much pressure to stop the fuckers in the east from winning whatever it’s is in a row.  

I also think Kent will be back by the start of the SPL season.  Another good season up here  and he can bypass your shitty low end Struggling  english premier sides and go to Burnley 🤔

44 minutes ago, Kaydubya11 said:

I don't think Kent will be back

Read an article n the l'pool Echo about youngsters Klopp plans to bring thru this season - Kent not even mentioned --- we will ether get him on loan or they'll sell to the highest bidder, likely to be a Championship club.   

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

people saying get rid of  Foderingham, -- what happens when Mac gets another red card or injured???  

Firth  - anyone confident he s a suitable replacement???  

exactly! I've always thought Fod should stay. He is not that far behind McGregor.

Personally would've got rid of Barisic & Grezda first this summer as both we could get fees for and went for a new first team left back that can offer us similar to what Tav does but can understand Barisic getting another chance this season.

The rest are obvious 

Fod, Rossiter, Holt, Herrera, Dodoo, Dorrans, Lafferty & maybe Murphy

Problem with that list though is finding buyers as they're not going to just walk out on the wages they're on, something people seem to forget. Gerrard has his hands tied with some of the wage budget until their contracts run down.

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

hyperbole - plus we've never had the chance to see him with two good defenders in front of him - reckon he can do a job for us if needed

Can do a job as a back up. I’m genuinely surprised anyone would see him as a future no. 1 when McGregor retires. 

At the moment we have 33 senior players at the club + we assume Helander will increase the tally to 34. of which Gerrard wants a squad of 3 goalkeepers, 4 central midfielders, 4 fullbacks, and 2 players for every other position.

3 Goalkeepers from:  McGregor,  FoderinghamAlnwick, Firth.

4 Central defenders: Goldson, Katic, Edmundson, Helander.

4 Fullbacks + 1 utility player: Tavernier, Polster, Barisic, Flanagan, (Halliday.)

6 Midfielders from; Jack, Davis,Kamara,  Arfield, Ojo, Aribo, Docherty....We know that Ojo, Aribo, Jack, Davis, Kamara, Arfield, should definitely stay, which begs the question, what about Docherty?

6 Forwards: from; Morelos, Defoe, Stewart, Jones, Candeias, Hastie,Murphy....IF Alfredo stays we know that he, Defoe, Stewart, Jones, Hastie are in there which leaves Murphy and Candeias to fight for the other place.

Favourites to leave:  Either Foderingham OR Alnwick.  Grezda, Dorrans, Holt, Dodoo, Herrera, Lafferty + Middleton on loan.

That leaves us with a squad of 26 players (if we don't sign anymore before the transfer window shuts) which means under the figures Gerrard  says he wants, another 3 will have to be trimmed from the squad. Could it be Docherty, Murphy, and Candeias, that are on the bubble if the manager sticks to his figures? Interesting days ahead.

4 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

At the moment we have 33 senior players at the club + we assume Helander will increase the tally to 34. of which Gerrard wants a squad of 3 goalkeepers, 4 central midfielders, 4 fullbacks, and 2 players for every other position.

3 Goalkeepers from:  McGregor,  FoderinghamAlnwick, Firth.

4 Central defenders: Goldson, Katic, Edmundson, Helander.

4 Fullbacks + 1 utility player: Tavernier, Polster, Barisic, Flanagan, (Halliday.)

6 Midfielders from; Jack, Davis,Kamara,  Arfield, Ojo, Aribo, Docherty....We know that Ojo, Aribo, Jack, Davis, Kamara, Arfield, should definitely stay, which begs the question, what about Docherty?

6 Forwards: from; Morelos, Defoe, Stewart, Jones, Candeias, Hastie,Murphy....IF Alfredo stays we know that he, Defoe, Stewart, Jones, Hastie are in there which leaves Murphy and Candeias to fight for the other place.

Favourites to leave:  Either Foderingham OR Alnwick.  Grezda, Dorrans, Holt, Dodoo, Herrera, Lafferty + Middleton on loan.

That leaves us with a squad of 26 players (if we don't sign anymore before the transfer window shuts) which means under the figures Gerrard  says he wants, another 3 will have to be trimmed from the squad. Could it be Docherty, Murphy, and Candeias, that are on the bubble if the manager sticks to his figures? Interesting days ahead.

Good post Oz except Ojo needs to be put in the forward category. I expect Candeias & Alnwick to leave from the ones that went to Portugal.

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Good post Oz except Ojo needs to be put in the forward category. I expect Candeias & Alnwick to leave from the ones that went to Portugal.

I was going to put Ojo in as a forward but apparently he is classed as a midfielder, the same as Jordan Jones and Glenn Middleton, but I guess it depends on what formation we play. I also think Candeias will go and also Alnwick, unless Foderingham gets a  good transfer to a decent club in England. Docherty and Murphy are the ones that have me uncertain of their futures, unless Gerrard decides to run with a bigger squad.

19 hours ago, hooooootchy said:

Fod, halliday, dorrans, candeias, grezda, lafferty, dodoo, herrera, hardie, holt, rossiter 

Getting rid of these 11 players would be ideal.  Would free up a lot of wages.  

If Kent comes back I’d move Murphy on as well.  

15 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

I largely agree with that but do think we need to keep either Fod or Alnwick.

Would be seriously nervous about having Firth as the only back up to our 38 yr old keeper.

Also, if we did add Kent, that’d be Morelos, Defoe, Stewart, Kent, Jones, Hastie, Ojo and Candeias (and arguably Arfield) all vying for 3 places. So do wonder if we’d still be a bit bulky.  Don’t envy Gerrard, that’s for sure...

There is no way Foderingham AND Alnwick will leave, We have to have 3 keepers in the squad in case of injury, or in shaggers case, Suspension when he loses the fucking plot.