*****The Official Rangers v FC Midtjylland Thread*****

RangersMedia

While I think they are a decent side, coming to a packed and rocking Ibrox looking to defeat us is a huge step above playing us at their home ground. Hopefully Ibrox is in fine voice as it usually is and we will have them on the back foot from the off.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Not getting ahead of myself, but unless we lose 3-0 or more then just about any result takes us through. 

Think we’ll play a strong side, and rotate in the cup at the weekend. 

They are capable of scoring three but I don’t think they will be able to attack us that much and not concede.

Confident about this one too.

10 hours ago, Camshy said:

Think this will be a lot more tricky than some of us envisage.

The Danes are no mugs and despite what some of our support are saying there is absolutely no doubt they have players who can hurt us.

Still I think we are better than them and should see out this game. I'm sure Stevie G will not make too many changes, he will save that for the weekend and weaker opposition.

Shagger

Tav, Goldson , Katic, Flannigan

Kamara, Aribo, Davis

Arfield, Jones

Morelos

Midfield is the difficult one to choose, 2-0 the famous.

I'm not sure Kamara is fit. Jack is probably the best pick.

1 hour ago, ianb1547 said:

We score 1 they need 4.

They are never doing that at Ibrox, but let's just get another 3 for an easy night.

Worse teams than them have scored 4 at Ibrox before.

A strong and professional performance on Thursday, just to get the job done is all that I ask.

McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Katic, Flanagan, Jack, Kamara, Aribo, Arfield, Jones, Morelos. Same team and same performance please.

Unless we have an absolute catastrophe we have one foot in the next round. The first 20/25 minutes are important, we can't let them get an early goal.

They need three just to give themselves a chance and under Gerrard at Ibrox that's never been done by the opposition. In fact only one team has scored twice at Ibrox under Gerrard. Add that to the fact that Morelos, Jones and Aribo are in great form it looks a tough ask for any side to keep us out!

They have no option but to push forward and this will give us opportunities to hit on the counter. 3-1 Rangers!

4 hours ago, giffnockger said:

Anyone know if they have sold any tickets?

I would doubt it. They don't have a large home support or away support. There will be some Danes resident in Scotland who might turn up but that will be it.

I also doubt they will have any players, other than the muppet who played for them, that will have much experience of playing in front of a 45000+ crowd. We could see a few of them freeze on the night if Ibrox is in full voice. Big crowd and an early goal for us and their arses should collapse. They are a better team than we saw last week but that is because we are a better team then we seem to think.

7 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

I would doubt it. They don't have a large home support or away support. There will be some Danes resident in Scotland who might turn up but that will be it.

I also doubt they will have any players, other than the muppet who played for them, that will have much experience of playing in front of a 45000+ crowd. We could see a few of them freeze on the night if Ibrox is in full voice. Big crowd and an early goal for us and their arses should collapse. They are a better team than we saw last week but that is because we are a better team then we seem to think.

I thought their home support looked decent enough and they seemed to have an ultra section so I'd be surprised if none of them travel 

Play same team as last week and we’ll be more than fine, we proved we were a superior team and they’ll have to open up and come at us. Would take our worst ever European home performance (Maybe alongside Unirea) to go out on Thursday 

If we can get through Legia/Atromitos and it’s still a big if as they’re both an unknown until we get to see them playing against us then that would be 8 qualifiers won in a row, surely some kind of Scottish/Rangers record. We’ve been dumped out by some absolute dross in the past so it’s good to see Gerrard consistently getting us through these tricky ties early in the season against some good opposition 

I actually thought they were a good physical side with a few decent players, however

Since Gerrrard came only 1 team has scored 3 goals against us (Moscow got 4 in a freak game we got 3) and we have only been beaten by more than 1 goal once (Aberdeen 0-2) so the signs are all looking positive 

They had a very narrow pitch hoping to prevent our wide players hurting them. It failed. We also played through their middle, and did well from set pieces too. So we've got a lot of potency there to worry and hurt them.

They'll try to get to us from set pieces and try to get one of ours sent off. Avoid those and we'll get joy as they are forced to gamble  and push more players forward as the match progresses.

Patience required from us, we'll get a goal in good time and finish the tie.

Archived