Left back

GOAT

Barisic is our best LB quality wise he just needs a run of games to get his confidence and match fitness up. Once he realises hes stronger and faster than the shite of Scottish football he'll start being a bit more risky. Right now he's the boo boy so doesnt want to put a foot wrong and be out of the team for the next game. 

Flanagan will be back in for the european tie and probably celtic since Gerrard fancies him against opponents we need to be better defensively. Every other game needs to be Barisic. 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Good performance today

The main thing he needs to do is get tighter to opponents which he did for most of today tbf probably worried about his yellow at the end in that 1 v 1 against McKenzie 

Aye I agree wae the last bit, but at the same time letting players run at you down the wings is just asking for trouble,  Tav used to let it happen all the time aswell and he’s improved ten fold defensively recently, Borna needs to do the same.  Still it was the only bit I can think off to pull him up for, played well. 

Barisic needs to have more confidence in his crossing and just hit it in the box more.  Too often he just passes it back or sideways when firing a dangerous ball in could result in a goal.  He can cross the ball it must be a confidence issue with him.  I think today will do a lot of good for him.

Credit to the Barisic, won us the game today still wasn’t keen on his overall play but he stood up when it mattered, that free kick was massive 

Seemed to get himself forward a bit more after the goal as well hopefully the confidence boost he needs 

Everyone is quick to jump on guys who have an average game never mind a bad game so we should all be happy borna turned up today 

got to say I thought he had a decent game today, the free kick was brilliant and won us the game but his reading of the game was there aswell some good wee interceptions and blocks throughout the game

1 hour ago, MrMeeseeks said:

Aye but he blessed himself so I'm fucking seething! Can't believe this is happening at my Rangers, absolutely disgusting scenes.

Aye but you must have seen that many times before as indeed I have .

26 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Great free kick , won us the 3 points and saved himself from a slaughtering for another cowardly performance, he wasn’t good in the slightest today , hope the goal now sees him kick on , still never playing him Thursday Sunday though 

I thought he had a good game today even apart from his superb set piece.

Honestly any player is always going to be restricted/lacking confidence if playing with the 'general' level of the team performance today which wasn't good!

2 minutes ago, Algeran said:

I thought he had a good game today even apart from his superb set piece.

Honestly any player is always going to be restricted/lacking confidence if playing with the 'general' level of the team performance today which wasn't good!

Hope he turns the corner with his goal mate 👍🏻👌🏻

38 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Great free kick , won us the 3 points and saved himself from a slaughtering for another cowardly performance, he wasn’t good in the slightest today , hope the goal now sees him kick on , still never playing him Thursday Sunday though 

😂 I’m the guys biggest critic, but that’s nonsense, he had a decent game today.   

The worst thing about him having a decent game the day and getting a bit of confidence is the fact that he’s gonnae be dropped for the next two games so that will just affect his confidence even more.   No chance Gerrard will play him against Warsaw or the tarriers.

4 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Brilliant free kick but we are so weak down the left hand side. Bemused to what position Jones was playing today, badly lacking width down that side.

JJ was poor like many others !

4 minutes ago, GOAT said:

😂 I’m the guys biggest critic, but that’s nonsense, he had a decent game today.   

Honestly mate I didn’t , even after the goal he backed off 50 yards twice when their right mid was running at him one of the times went down injured as Greegs was running towards him going tonto 😂, time he had it in corner near the end and found Kamara was well played , hid most of the game for me though , he’d be getting pelters if hadn’t scored, thank fuck he did 👍🏻👌🏻

14 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Brilliant free kick but we are so weak down the left hand side. Bemused to what position Jones was playing today, badly lacking width down that side.

Jones badly lacks and end product but we knew that before he signed.  I still live in hope we sign Kent before the window shuts.

7 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Honestly mate I didn’t , even after the goal he backed off 50 yards twice when their right mid was running at him one of the times went down injured as Greegs was running towards him going tonto 😂, time he had it in corner near the end and found Kamara was well played , hid most of the game for me though , he’d be getting pelters if hadn’t scored, thank fuck he did 👍🏻👌🏻

Was that the time when they had the drinks break when BB had obviously been thumped on his nose which appeared to be bleeding ?

12 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

But Tav does that all the time although, more recently, he has become more likely to make a tackle.

19 minutes ago, TMB said:

Jones badly lacks and end product but we knew that before he signed.  I still live in hope we sign Kent before the window shuts.

He wasn’t even getting into a position to put in a bad ball though mate, he was pretty much in the road of Defoe most of the time. Strange.

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

The worst thing about him having a decent game the day and getting a bit of confidence is the fact that he’s gonnae be dropped for the next two games so that will just affect his confidence even more.   No chance Gerrard will play him against Warsaw or the tarriers.

I’ve decided Gerrard should play Thursday Sunday mate he’ll need to show up , he’s an established left back for one of the worlds best countries ,the next two games is what we bought him for , fuck this wrapping him in cotton wool anymore get him played