Ojo

KingKirk

Should have been subbed early doors.  I said to my son that we are missing Candeias who himself wasn't good enough most of the time.  That in itself says it all about this boy.  Starting to look like a real bottle merchant as well. We're in bother now with Jones and Kent being out for a few weeks.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Would be good if people stopped going on about Candeias. Dreadful player that worked hard sometimes

He was pish but we haven't replaced him and now with a couple of injuries and Ojo looking poor to say the least people will rightly question why he was allowed to leave.

I just read an article that suggests he is full of confidence and wants the ball. Many on here are suggesting he is purposefully hiding, Personally, I think his style makes him look lazy when he really isn't. In the first half, he was extremely quiet but everything was going down Kent's side but he certainly came into the game more in the last 20 min when they went down to 10 men.

There could be something to Tav not playing his best due to Candeias' work ethic but we are not missing Candeias skillset.

Thought he saw enough of the ball, just wanted to take an eternity on it, before smacking it off the pair of legs that almost invariably materialised in front of him.

Exception was good work for Barker’s goal - qualified by the fact they were down to 10 by then, so there was a bit more room to work in.

36 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t think we’re missing Candeias. He wasn’t good enough.

Ojo has been pretty poor, but his return is decent. Another assist yesterday.

Recruitment has been sub-standard. 

Exactly Graeme 

really poor recruitment and that's why we went all guns for Kent 

poor tactics by our manager in another big game 

The pressure is going to be on

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

He has no football brain whatsoever. Gets the ball and starts to move and you can tell he has no idea where he’s going or what he’s doing. Useless. 

17 hours ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Worse at keeping a baw in play than Waghorn

Yesterday was full of flashbacks to Waghorn trying to run with a ball at his feet. Almost admirably feckless, knowing what he's supposed to do without the skill or coordination to back it up. See Grezda and Candeias.

Maybe Europe will be Ojo's thing, when pace might be worth something. Starting Thursday, please.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t think we’re missing Candeias. He wasn’t good enough.

Ojo has been pretty poor, but his return is decent. Another assist yesterday.

Recruitment has been sub-standard. 

Recruitment has been sub standard mate and it doesn't help when the manager still plays the players that are off form. Even although he said he wouldn't at the beginning of the season. 

17 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

and the exact same was said about RK at the exact period last season - would prefer hm running the channel as he did today for the third goal -- saw him link up with Morelos from the same position earlier n the season. 

7 hours ago, evenstevens said:

I'm struggling with Ojo. 

Was also struggling with Kent at the start last year and he came good. Can only hope for same, but fear it's wasted hope. 

At the start Kent tried to beat people and continually failed. That was  the extent of him being ‘poor’. In terms of work and tracking back, he was very good.

4 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

I'd prefer Middleton but we are sending him backwards into...strange that Gerrard isnt giving Murphy a look in...

I've dreaded worrall feeling about ojo...has to play certain amount matches...

Think Murphy is still getting fitness levels. Gerrard said recently it could be a few months. I’d also prefer him. 

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Would be good if people stopped going on about Candeias. Dreadful player that worked hard sometimes

Whereas a description of Ojo would have saved you your last four words.

The other short term option is to try a back three and push Tav and Barisic further forward. Less reliance on wingers until Jones/Kent/Murphy are back and gives Helander/Edmundson game time.

Anything to get Ojo out of the team to be honest.

Archived