*****Official Rangers v Porto Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great second half performance .... including both subs ..... one of our best ever European results ..... both goals and assists were superb ..... Alfredo's goal and assist from Jack was a thing of beauty and you will have to travel far to see a goal so well executed ...... then Alfedo again with a cracking cut back to Davis who took it ever so well ..... MOTM definitely Alfredo.

Great display in the Broomloan too  .... brilliant night all round. 

:UK:

32 minutes ago, King Jela said:

My head, throat and limbs are killing me. What a fucking result. Alfredo Morelos goes for anything less than £30 million and we fucking riot. 

It’s interesting that some folk on here wanted £2m for him last season.

Is the terms ‘spaz’ too 70s these days?

Just now, GA1972 said:

What a night, amazing display as well

Full night felt nervy until that first goal then the release of emotion was ridiculous 

Similar feel to the Legia game. Once we scored that night it was one of the loudest atmospheres I’ve ever heard at Ibrox even if it was just for the last 10 minutes

Just now, Essandoh said:

Similar feel to the Legia game. Once we scored that night it was one of the loudest atmospheres I’ve ever heard at Ibrox even if it was just for the last 10 minutes

That was the atmosphere best I’ve ever been in, going from thinking fuck we’ve got another 30 minutes of this and potentially penalties to standing on the seats jumping about like a madman 

Tonight was special though what a result 

1 hour ago, GM63 said:

I genuinely hope you guys are through the worst of it, and if its in the past, I hope you are enjoying your new present and future, its new world for us, like our team onwards and upwards. All the best to you both.

Cheers bud, same with you and yours. Turned our world upside down - scary as fuck.  The relief that comes thru cant be matched.

Tonight has been an amazing night.  Really hope we can march on to 55.  Honestly don't know how i'll react tbh 

1 hour ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Sorry for your issues too mate. 

Cheers mate. Life turned upside down - always thought we were immune, life's not simple.   Small graces. Honestly tonight, its a massive release, you just cant beat it - even if the missus doesnt appreciate the football 

51 minutes ago, BradBear said:

It’s a mystery to science how he ended up with that accent! :lol:

What age was he when he came to us? 21 or thereabouts?   Mystery solved! 😉

39 minutes ago, King Jela said:

It’s important to try and stir some kind of pot on a night like this. Just enjoy it, mate. 

Christ, I’m enjoying it. But if we can’t use the highs to teach people not to judge lows too harshly then when can we?

45 minutes ago, King Jela said:

It’s important to try and stir some kind of pot on a night like this. Just enjoy it, mate. 

You've got to admit that there were calls amongst our support to get rid and be done with him. 2 million was never the price either way though!

Second half we ran it, still quite impressive that we can beat a team of porto’s quality without being bang at it from the first whistle to the last 

we made them look average over the 2 legs, should have skelped feyenoord by 4 or 5 goals and how young boys beat us that night in Berne I’ll never know, Stevie G has Europe sussed, just hope can replicate our euro performances in the league

4 minutes ago, badjon said:

You've got to admit that there were calls amongst our support to get rid and be done with him. 2 million was never the price either way though!

I beg to differ. They may have been facetious, but I recall the usual ‘Bite your  hand off for £2m’ posts at the time. If I wasn’t lazy I’d check after his sendings off at the start of last season.....

5 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I beg to differ. They may have been facetious, but I recall the usual ‘Bite your  hand off for £2m’ posts at the time. If I wasn’t lazy I’d check after his sendings off at the start of last season.....

I meant we would not have sold for 2 million, anyway enjoy the night!

Archived