Morelos is our best striker since...

BEE

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

Interesting thread in that there is not a single mention of Kris Boyd, who holds the SPL goalscoring record and was our top scorer in every season of his first spell with us....:hmmm:

Morelos covers more ground in one game than Boyd did in his whole career, which makes his goalscoring record all the more remarkable.  

Boyd, McCoist, Mols, Morelos all totally different players yet all prolific in front of goal....... funny old game.

23 minutes ago, EastEnclosureBear said:

Never loved a Rangers player in a long time like I love Alfredo. He’s come a long way this season and we are benefiting from it massively. 

One million pound man. He’s going to make us a fortune. 

I want him to leave us on a free. I don’t want a penny for him. 

think of that for a bit, then tell me I’m correct 

1 hour ago, MisterC said:

I agree on the passing bit, mate. See when he plays a pass, it's always the right weight on the pass required for the situation. Look at the pace and accuracy for the assist that led to Helanders goal at the weekend as a prime example.

He's a move ahead of the rest of them sometimes two depending who it is except for Davis maybe, an auld heid on young shoulders, the Scottish game used to full of players like this at one time now not so much.

30 minutes ago, EastEnclosureBear said:

Never loved a Rangers player in a long time like I love Alfredo. He’s come a long way this season and we are benefiting from it massively. 

One million pound man. He’s going to make us a fortune. 

Reckon HJK will have a sell on clause?

Best since McCoist I would say. The start of the season I might have out Jelavic & Prso ahead of him but he's putting daylight between him & them, his form this season has been ridiculous. 

I honestly wouldn't want to sell him for any amount right now, don't think I've loved a player like him since Gazza left. 

Negri was sensational for half a season.  

Mols was sublime 

McCoist and Hatley incredible. 

Colin colin colin stein! Euro final goal. Hat trick in 1st 2 games.  Childhood hero of mine.  

Prso was class an loved us

.... but Alfie is the best I’ve seen and so young.  I’m sad that we are only seeing his birth.  I think he will go for 100 million in future if he continues to progress.  Not this sale.  He is destined for greatness. 

5 hours ago, Inigo said:

McCoist, Hateley, Mols, Prso all ahead of him, Jelavic and Arveladze now behind him I'd say.

I'd agree with that mate. And even though he'll likely by away soon enough, I think - given the circumstances - if he helped get 55 he'd be forever a Rangers legend. Especially if he does the business against the scum along the way ;)

35 minutes ago, KingKaiJohansen said:

Best since McCoist I would say. The start of the season I might have out Jelavic & Prso ahead of him but he's putting daylight between him & them, his form this season has been ridiculous. 

I honestly wouldn't want to sell him for any amount right now, don't think I've loved a player like him since Gazza left. 

This.

5 hours ago, Copeland1983 said:

Prso.  

Also believe Mols was the most naturally gifted striker we have ever had (in my lifetime). If not for injury he would have been up there with Laudrup and Gazza.

Regardless of natural talent, Super Ally still reigns supreme overall for doing what strikers are meant to do: score big goals in big moments and do it consistently.

Not a chance.

53 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

folks slevering  over how much he’s worth and what he’ll go for is insane. 

keep him till he’s worth nothing.

Larsson left the dhims on a free and he was arguably their greatest ever striker

Didn't score as much as Boyd, who does though not many.

Jelavic would’ve gotten us 30 goals easy imo. Didn’t he get 18 in the 10-11 season despite missing a good chunk thanks to Ian black?

i think a few goals vs the tims in the next 2 games will boost Morelos up abit in the rankings especially if they’re winning goals mind!!

arveladze looking back was quality- oozed class and the year he teamed up with prso the 2 of them were excellent together.  Watch the 51 and counting dvd and they’re just 2 real class players together.

Sorry but I’ll have to go back quite a bit to our most talented centre forward (IMO) which was Jim Forrest who got frozen out by the manager Scot Symon as a scapegoat for the Infamous Berwick Rangers defeat.

He scored his first 50 goals in 45 games and finished with stats of 145 goals in only 163 games. Can only imagine how many he would have scored if he’d not been frozen out by the club.

Archived