Morelos is our best striker since...

BEE

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since McCoist,  for me there is no question. You could argue that Jelavic and Prso were as good as players but just look at his numbers. He scores every type of goal as well. Screamers, tap ins, headers the lot. He has improved his all round game no end in the last year and just seems to get better and better.

I was too young to remember McCoist as a player, seen Mols, Prso, Boyd, Miller and Jelavic all in the flesh but Alfredo is a level above all of them now in my opinion. 

You need to remember the boy's only 23,it's actually quite frightening when you think how good is he going to be in 5 years time when he's in his prime. 

Purely on ability and potential I'd say Morelos is better than Jelavic however he did lead us to winning trophies which we would not have won without him in my opinion.

If Morelos helps us to silverware this season then I'd say he's our best striker since Prso.

Mols and Prso did it at the top table, CL and/or international. Morelos needs to do that before he can be seen as that level, brilliant as he is. 

Prso and Mols were technically better players and I still think both were better all round players as things stand. Morelos can get there though. We saw Prso and Mols at their mature peak.

Alfredo is a better player than Prso and by some way imo. I always rated Jelavic above them both but Morelos has edged ahead for me now, he's incredible. 

I can't even think of a striker we've had in the past that you can compare to Morelos in terms of playing style, he's one of a kind.

11 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Since McCoist,  for me there is no question. You could argue that Jelavic and Prso were as good as players but just look at his numbers. He scores every type of goal as well. Screamers, tap ins, headers the lot. He has improved his all round game no end in the last year and just seems to get better and better.

Exactly. We had Jelavic in his prime. Alfredo hasn’t even hit his yet. Scary. 

People mentioning Prso. I do remember the last time we beat Porto at Ibrox he, imo, literally won us that game on his own. He didn't just do it that night, for a player with so many injury issues he seemed to drag us through so many games!

Archived