We won’t win anything with that defence

GOAT

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Hope Goldson does his cruciate only way we’ll see him not in the team  tbh 

Most of us agree the guy is a bombscare as is the clown next to him , but thats a ridiculous comment to make on one of our players...........

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sassaaaa said:

Most of us agree the guy is a bombscare as is the clown next to him , but thats a ridiculous comment to make on one of our players...........

Agreed I’m just severely passed off right now, and him and “Tav” Stevie’s blindspots are killing us 

I think tonight showed a few things. Firstly Barisic has become a real quality player for us. We missed him badly tonight. I would have played Halliday against them to be honest.

Secondly, the conundrum with our CB selection goes on. I don't think Katic is the magic bullet but I still am not clear why he was dropped after a strong start to the season. I'm also not clear why Goldson is undroppable or why Edmundson hasn't been given more game time. I don't think our defence is bad. It just seems that some of the competitive edge has gone due to players knowing they will play. Gives us a big headache for the final. 

12 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Dont know why the guy was bought and how much cash we are wasting once again. Gerrard is never dropping they two mugs for anybody and its going to cost him ..........

Sadly I fear you maybe proven correct.

Sunday is pivotal to our season imo. We fail, we crash and burn, because the mentality just isn't there with too many.

I want meat and two veg defenders across that back line. Only Barasic has quality and indeed doesn't do prisoners on occasion. The other three are pussies with limited ability and Gerrard aint for changing it.

Football managers can be and are just as fickle as fans when it comes to blind spots for players.

I fear Gerrard will only change it when it is too late in being too many points behind the scum, when fans and the media will be baying for blood.

Tav is never a leader and should have been dropped long ago and who knows, it might have even improved him. Goldson is a bombscare and as I said, Helander is on mogadon. A fucking horror show and Gerrard deflects blame in saying he expected more from his leaders. What fucking leaders!

I'm fucking gutted at Gerrard, when he should know better.

That back four were absolute shit tonight. Why Flanagan was there instead of Halliday I don't know. Helander is too slow and against celtic he will be a bombscare, hopefully Barasic will be fit for Sunday and we should play Emundson alongside him.

In the two goals conceded, you start with who is initially to blame. In the first one, it was Helander who coughed it up then Goldson, Flanagan, McGregor and to a lessor extent Tav could all have been better in correcting Helander's mistake. In the second one, Kent loses his man from the throw-in and then Goldson stands around like it is his right. Two absolute shocking goals to concede. When Feyenoord scored their second, I raised my hand and admitted it was a nice goal. Not tonight.

17 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I’m a bit pissed off right  now tbf but he needs dropped, him and Tav yet again we’re abysmal Surely Katic a better option 

He’s poor but he seems to be Gerrard’s go to guy. I hope that faith in him pays off but I’m not seeing it.

Halliday is better than Flanno. At least he offers something going forward.Flanno turns it back inside all the time. Tav couldn’t beat his man tonight. We need a decent wide man to help him out on that wing(selling Dan for peanuts was the first mistake this season).

Katic needs to play.

4 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

That back four were absolute shit tonight. Why Flanagan was there instead of Halliday I don't know. Helander is too slow and against celtic he will be a bombscare, hopefully Barasic will be fit for Sunday and we should play Emundson alongside him.

I honestly don't think halliday would have made much difference mate.  Last time I remember seeing him he was all over the shop vs east fife.  Missed borna badly. 

For me goldson is the bigger issue at CB. He's had a few mistakes in him for a while now. Teams can see that and will target him. 

With the cup final I'd rather drop him and bring in Katic. But I don't see gerrard going with an untried partnership at the back. Best we can hope for is katic and goldson. 

25 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I honestly don't think halliday would have made much difference mate.  Last time I remember seeing him he was all over the shop vs east fife.  Missed borna badly. 

For me goldson is the bigger issue at CB. He's had a few mistakes in him for a while now. Teams can see that and will target him. 

With the cup final I'd rather drop him and bring in Katic. But I don't see gerrard going with an untried partnership at the back. Best we can hope for is katic and goldson. 

I can’t believe him at the second goal tonight. The so called leader and organiser of the defence stopping to appeal for a free kick that he was never getting was one of the worst things I’ve seen in a while. If Gerrard wants to question the leaders then it should start with him because he’s looked like he’s seconds away from a mistake all season and that breeds fear rather than confidence in the people he’s playing with.

The squad is just not good enough we have made some good signings but we still have a squad  littered with mediocre football players at best. And with these players you are always going to have inconsistency. Used to be game to game now you don't know what Rangers team is going to turn up in the first or second half of games ffs. 

Defense is not solid enough, we are so vulnerable to direct running and a little physical tussle.

Our two strongest from what I've seen this season are Edmundson and Katic but unfortunately I can't see both of them featuring, maybe one of them will get a shot but not both.

Helander reads the game well but he lacks serious pace and Goldson looks like he needs a little rest imo.

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

Goldson is an absolute donkey man.  Every goal we concede seems to be an absolute howler from someone.  It’s cost us big time already it needs fixed before it costs us again.  Katic is the best defender we’ve got!

Helander isn't any better than Goldson.

39 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Sadly I fear you maybe proven correct.

Sunday is pivotal to our season imo. We fail, we crash and burn, because the mentality just isn't there with too many.

I want meat and two veg defenders across that back line. Only Barasic has quality and indeed doesn't do prisoners on occasion. The other three are pussies with limited ability and Gerrard aint for changing it.

Football managers can be and are just as fickle as fans when it comes to blind spots for players.

I fear Gerrard will only change it when it is too late in being too many points behind the scum, when fans and the media will be baying for blood.

Tav is never a leader and should have been dropped long ago and who knows, it might have even improved him. Goldson is a bombscare and as I said, Helander is on mogadon. A fucking horror show and Gerrard deflects blame in saying he expected more from his leaders. What fucking leaders!

I'm fucking gutted at Gerrard, when he should know better.

I can't disagree with much of that.

Absolutely shocking defending for both goals. I can’t believe that Edmundson and Katic wouldn’t do a better job than that. Also John Flanagan, fresh air swipes at that level. What the fuck!!!!!!!

Archived