Courage, brothers!! Remember the 1970 League Cup Final

The Widow's Son

We hadn't won anything for four years and celtic were probably one of the finest teams in the world at this time (please don't deny this and risk looking ridiculous!!)  John Greig was injured and Derek Johnstone was just 16.  They had horsed us in the Scottish Cup Final less than a year beforehand ................... and yet we won and if truth be told, it could have been more than by one goal.  Nae wonder Colin Jackson enjoyed his cigar after the game.  And Derek Johnstone made a name for himself and never had to buy a drink in Renfrew or anywhere else.  Happened before, can happen again.  

Remember it well (and the previous painful 4-0) but I think we’re less like underdogs this time. Even the bitter Scottish “journalists” (fenians with typewriters) that spout their propaganda have acknowledged the challenge we present.

Having said that, I’d like nothing more than to see a certain young Colombian shut them up the way DJ did all those years ago.

:UK:

1 hour ago, Blueteeth said:

I like it when auld fuckers reminisce and tell you their stories to make you feel better.

I'm all up for Sunday now, cheers!

Yes, us " auld fuckers " as you put it, have been there, seen it and done it and we can therefore shine a ray of hope on the doom and gloom that's been spouted since Wednesday's game.  We " auld fuckers " have the knowledge which we are more than happy to share with the " younger bears ".  See how polite I was there ?

Anyway, I'm delighted that you are now all up for Sunday.

Keep believing.

12 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

We hadn't won anything for four years and celtic were probably one of the finest teams in the world at this time (please don't deny this and risk looking ridiculous!!)  John Greig was injured and Derek Johnstone was just 16.  They had horsed us in the Scottish Cup Final less than a year beforehand ................... and yet we won and if truth be told, it could have been more than by one goal.  Nae wonder Colin Jackson enjoyed his cigar after the game.  And Derek Johnstone made a name for himself and never had to buy a drink in Renfrew or anywhere else.  Happened before, can happen again.  

Willie colum wasn’t refereeing mate 

38 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Yes, us " auld fuckers " as you put it, have been there, seen it and done it and we can therefore shine a ray of hope on the doom and gloom that's been spouted since Wednesday's game.  We " auld fuckers " have the knowledge which we are more than happy to share with the " younger bears ".  See how polite I was there ?

Anyway, I'm delighted that you are now all up for Sunday.

Keep believing.

It’s alright mate, I’m 36, it just tickles me to call others old fuckers 😂

The manor of the way we dropped points on Wednesday has been a blow and for quite a few bears it’s taken the wind out their sail as regarding Sunday ,

For me nowts changed ,Sunday is all about our attitude,if we turn up on Sunday we win ,thought the same on Wednesday afternoon just the same as I do now ,if we don’t turn up they can win simple as that 

14 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I wanted to go to that. I was too wee. I started going to Rangers games when I was 8 but wasn't allowed to OF games until I was 13.

I was about the same- my first game was in 1969 - I was 10 years old, but my granddad always took me and my brother - then we were allowed to go to the games ourselves when we were 13.

Always remember waiting outside the pub for the Rangers bus coming, when the adults were having a pint inside- good old days.....

Archived