Willie Collum

Robmc1

Was pondering how SG and the players must be feeling today (mentally/ emotionally) given the gravity of the outcome of tomorrow’s match to them and more importantly the support. These feelings no doubt will be reciprocated over the road.
I then got to thinking how the referee (Collum) and assistants would be building up to this, the scrutiny will be intense and every decision will be caught on camera and debated over by ex players MSM and pundits (use this term loosely) etc. 

This game is in no one else’s hands than our own, play to our potential and we will win regardless of outside influence however...

Firstly, the standard of officiating in our national game atm is as poor as I can remember.

lm not one to subscribe to referee corruption or conspiracy, nobody sits round a large table and deliberates who’s winning or loosing etc.  I do however believe that they (referees)  subconsciously or otherwise believe that they will get away far more easily with not giving a potentially crucial or game-changing 50-50  decision to us rather than to them.
Beaton convinced me of this at Aberdeen being 3 yds away from a stonewall penalty and imo bottling the decision in fear of negative reprisals just in case what he saw with his own eyes was somehow wrong. This is just the sad way things are at the moment and I will be surprised and happy to eat my words if this turns out not to be the case tomorrow. 
Good luck tomorrow Rangers, we are long overdue this...

Heard he went to a refereeing course at the SFA when he was still at school ... I mean what sort of kid want's to be a referee! :britney:. Apparently some of the adult apprentice referees put him head first into a hedge because he was such a little squirt so I suppose some things never change :lol:

Just now, Dickie said:

He is just one of a long list of pish poor Scottish refs.

I've never bought into referees being biased, I just think like you say the standard is shite.

I wonder if there's any added difficulty refereeing our games,  a lot of them are relatively fast paced and the players tend to be well motivated and in your face. Obviously there's a lot of times when teams sit back, but when teams aren't it must be challenging seeing through the mess, It's not really a beautiful game up here.

13 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I've never bought into referees being biased, I just think like you say the standard is shite.

I wonder if there's any added difficulty refereeing our games,  a lot of them are relatively fast paced and the players tend to be well motivated and in your face. Obviously there's a lot of times when teams sit back, but when teams aren't it must be challenging seeing through the mess, It's not really a beautiful game up here.

You'd think when the elbowing, and kicking starts, the training would kick in, (pardon the pun) but no, so you wonder what videos they watch while training? Muy thai boxing perhaps?

We win no matter how bad or biased the ref is. Play to our capability, we win.

However, I Would say we are rather timid at controversial decisions. Time we let the referee know what is coming his way if trying to cheat us AND our players start backing up our own who are being targetted by the hammer throwers.

21 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Collum isn’t biased, but he’s the best example you’ll find of a ‘guesser’ in professional refereeing. Mind when he gave Broadfoot a dodgy penalty and the replay showed he wasn’t even looking? :lol: 

That penalty when he was looking but tarriers claimed he wasnt 

Screenshot_20191207-184944_Samsung Internet.jpg

21 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Collum isn’t biased, but he’s the best example you’ll find of a ‘guesser’ in professional refereeing. Mind when he gave Broadfoot a dodgy penalty and the replay showed he wasn’t even looking? :lol: 

Always remember the Pen he gave against us for a foul 10 yards outside the box. 

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Heard he went to a refereeing course at the SFA when he was still at school ... I mean what sort of kid want's to be a referee! :britney:. Apparently some of the adult apprentice referees put him head first into a hedge because he was such a little squirt so I suppose some things never change :lol:

I remember he was a referee in an amateur game I played in 20 years ago and he was a total cunt, he must've booked about 10 folk and sent 2 off.  Back then he was being fast tracked to the big time. 

Wee collum will try to influence this game make no mistake he's been taught by the vaticans stormtroopers in every dirty trick in the book, he comes under the the jesuit schooling of give us the child till he's seven and we'll give you the man. His tribe were the original asbo mhob, now they've made him acceptably respectable with a badge. We need to be on top of our game and aggressive to combat their twelve men. Funnily enough I feel confident.

Archived