Patterson

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Gerrard said it himself, the boys will play if they offer more than what we have in said position! Given that St Mirren will offer very very little going forward, it’s all about what our chosen right back has to offer going forward & Patterson has more quality in that aspect than both Flanno & Polster. You may have a point against Hearts where it will be a high intensity game & more will be required defensively.

Well when he plays against a team that goes forward we will know if he has more to offer and St Mirren will still offer way more than Stranraer. 
My personal opinion is he will be a star but not this season and if Tav stays for next season not then either. He is 18 he has a long career in front of him, just give him time to be all the player he can be without hanging the next big thing around his neck to soon, we have been there so many times with young players. 
This season isn’t the time to blood young lads in League games we can’t afford any slip ups trying to stop those scum. 

Thought he was decent on his debut. Not gonna fall into the bheast way of thinking "frimpers is worth 25 million after his good 10 mins v St mirren". He done well, some lovely crosses, some rash challenges. A solid 6/10 for me. A very good prospect. 

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Got all the talent but not ready yet for the step up to league games, another couple of years and he will be tearing up that right side. 

If you are good enough you are old enough.

1 hour ago, Lord Lockin said:

Did ok but won't be playing on Wednesday 

I think he will. Flannagan does not offer the service he showed in the final third.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Well when he plays against a team that goes forward we will know if he has more to offer and St Mirren will still offer way more than Stranraer. 
My personal opinion is he will be a star but not this season and if Tav stays for next season not then either. He is 18 he has a long career in front of him, just give him time to be all the player he can be without hanging the next big thing around his neck to soon, we have been there so many times with young players. 
This season isn’t the time to blood young lads in League games we can’t afford any slip ups trying to stop those scum. 

Repeat my above comments.

Sell Tav to the highest bidder, he’s obviously shite, the masses on here have decried his inability to defend and he can’t cross a ball or take a penalty. Get a few grand in and put young Patterson in, he will be the best thing ever until he’s caught out of position to high up the pitch, then hell mend him. 

14 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Sell Tav to the highest bidder, he’s obviously shite, the masses on here have decried his inability to defend and he can’t cross a ball or take a penalty. Get a few grand in and put young Patterson in, he will be the best thing ever until he’s caught out of position to high up the pitch, then hell mend him. 

Ridiculous post. Can't you just admit the kid played well in his first senior game in front of 40k instead of trying to create a negative?

8 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The kid did more than I saw from pros such as Halliday last night, or Flanagan and Polster before him. He's not better than Tav right now, but he's the best replacement we have and did enough last night to warrant keeping the jersey for St Mirren. Not playing him until Tav returns is riskier to our shape and performance than playing him imo.

Hard to judge long term as we were only playing stranraer but he did ok and hopefully can progress into a 1st team player. Either way he has something to tell the grand kids about the time he played for the mighty Glasgow Rangers. If he is good enough he should be pushing tav and learning so afraid to say polsters days are numbered. Flanagan will stay as can play left or right

Archived