Stranraer...St Mirren...now Hearts...

Virtuoso

I got slated on here last week for stating that our performances and results against lower teams (since the break) was unacceptable - yet the majority on here defended it.

No matter how you want to dress it up, our last three performances have been woeful.

Something is wrong and SG doesn't look like he has any idea how to change it - which is worrying.

ps: before anyone mentions Tav and Morelos - we should have a team able to comfortably deal with most Scottish teams...not a team built and solely reliant around two players and it's starting to look like we've failed to strenghen during this window.

Fucking scunnered.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last few games/performances don't even surprise me. We seem to see it every season now.

League is far from over,however i'll be amazed if we were to push on and win the title. 

There's a major lack in mentality and an even bigger lack in quality among our fringe players. We are 1 or 2 injuries away from being in major bother.

2 minutes ago, Sket said:

The last few games/performances don't even surprise me. We seem to see it every season now.

League is far from over,however i'll be amazed if we were to push on and win the title. 

There's a major lack in mentality and an even bigger lack in quality among our fringe players. We are 1 or 2 injuries away from being in major bother.

This 

The players aren't performing. How is that Gerrard's fault? Look at the bench today. His choices are dismal. The squad is not as strong as he thinks and that is his fault. To think that we didn't need to add in January was naive.  

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

The players aren't performing. How is that Gerrard's fault? Look at the bench today. His choices are dismal. The squad is not as strong as he thinks and that is his fault. To think that we didn't need to add in January was naive.  

The set-up and Tactics are his fault.

i’ll never understand the need for Kamara, Jack and Davis at home to St Mirren.

I still think we should have put out a full strength side against Stranraer, needed to get competitive match fitness up as soon as possible. That game was a perfect opportunity after the break. Today's game proved how sluggish and disjointed we were after it. Next season we should do exact what a "break" is for, and rest up at home. Get some training and a couple of friendlies on the schedule.

No need for jetting across the world (with family in tow) for essentially a holiday, it hasn't worked in two seasons and has to stop. A complete waste of time and money and we are worse for it.

Gerrard to blame for selecting Flanagan. Our whole style was disrupted again as he offers no attacking flair needed from our full backs. The rest of the team picked itself other than maybe Arfield starting.

Given how bad so many were, I'm puting vast majority of the blame for today on the players.

He'd little quality on the bench too. But he's been guilty of signing quantity over quality and now has to pay the price to deal with this before better can be brought in.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The set-up and Tactics are his fault.

i’ll never understand the need for Kamara, Jack and Davis at home to St Mirren.

Aye this. Take davis or kamara out put aribo into the midfield n give arfield the right of front 3 n get more players in and around Defoe

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I still think we should have put out a full strength side against Stranraer, needed to get competitive match fitness up as soon as possible. That game was a perfect opportunity after the break. Today's game proved how sluggish and disjointed we were after it. Next season we should do exact what a "break" is for, and rest up at home. Get some training and a couple of friendlies on the schedule.

No need for jetting across the world (with family in tow) for essentially a holiday, it hasn't worked in two seasons and has to stop. A complete waste of time and money and we are worse for it.

Honestly mate, if that team can't come out,refreshed, raring to go a couple of weeks after beating celtic at parkhead, I'm seriously worried. 

We certainly havent got back in the groove yet since the break . Our next three home games will tell us about Stevie G and the mental strength of the squad . 

Im going for today giving us the kick up the arse we need and getting back on track . 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Gerrard to blame for selecting Flanagan. Our whole style was disrupted again as he offers no attacking flair needed from our full backs. The rest of the team picked itself other than maybe Arfield starting.

Given how bad so many were, I'm puting vast majority of the blame for today on the players.

He'd little quality on the bench too. But he's been guilty of signing quantity over quality and now has to pay the price to deal with this before better can be brought in.

Genuinely can't get my head around how he can still get a game after Spartak away last year.

He's is absolutely fucking hopeless.

3 minutes ago, gmcf said:

We certainly havent got back in the groove yet since the break . Our next three home games will tell us about Stevie G and the mental strength of the squad . 

Im going for today giving us the kick up the arse we need and getting back on track . 

So what about the poor displays and restults before this? Shouldn't need another kick up the arse, just proves when plan A doesn't work we are clueless. 

Today was horrific, that's the worst Hearts team I can rember who are in turmoil both on and off the park. 

As previous seasons have shown us we just can't trust this team. The mentality is horrendous. 

If the team can't get up for a title push where it Was in our hands then we might as well call it quits

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Gerrard can’t do anything to stop his star player and the key link to the system through his link play being a complete fucking rocket who picks up suspensions for fun which leave his team mates to cover his arse.

Today it cost us.

The blame is on Gerrard then for not getting in adequate cover. We all knew Morelos would miss some games, poor planning all round. Then again it seems every other team in the league can smash Hearts

A draw at the piggery and win the rest and we are champions.  In our own hands.  But there is absolutely no space for error and any more fuck ups.    The players need to get it right and soon.     As I have said in other threads it doesn’t  matter one hoot what the scum do.   We approach Ross County like I we need 3 points to win the league in the last game of the season.   We put in 100%, win, recover then go again against the sheep with the same approach. No more fuck ups. 

Play Flanagan and we no longer have two attacking full backs. Right mid needs to coverup in that space making the midfield spread. Double up on Borna and our attack then comes through the middle. 
Defoe can’t get the space he needs as he now needs to play deeper restricting his chances. 

it’s playing Flanagan instead of an attack minded right back that’s the problem. 

I know they scored in Flanagans absence but Polster looked unfit and defence minded. 

Not making any excuses for Rangers today, but the fixture list puzzles me, we had a hard run of away games in November and December, in which we done well, but it always seems the tarriers play first and the pressure is on us to catch up, games in hand are fine, but I'd like to see how they bastards respond if we were sitting with our feet up watching them kick off 5 points behind, maybe I'm just pissed off and clutching at straws, but everything always seems to favour they reptile bastards. 

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

The blame is on Gerrard then for not getting in adequate cover. We all knew Morelos would miss some games, poor planning all round. Then again it seems every other team in the league can smash Hearts

That’s the mental attitude lacking.  They raised their game, which we should have been expecting.  We thought all  we had to stroll about and take the 3 points.   Piss poor attitude.    

8 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Gerrard can’t do anything to stop his star player and the key link to the system through his link play being a complete fucking rocket who picks up suspensions for fun which leave his team mates to cover his arse.

Today it cost us.

First booking at parkheed wasn’t even a foul , we had no complaints about Clancy though according to Gerrard 

Archived