*****Official good guys vs junkies thread*****

graeme_4

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Brave or daft?

The team we have put out since NY has giving us diminishing returns, we NEED to change something. We cant put the same team out to the same system and somehow hope it all changes. We need to stop going narrow, use the width of the Ibrox pitch, have players making runs behind and also into channels.  Pull their midfield and full backs into areas out wide they don't want, freeing up some space in the middle to exploit. I'd have Kent wide right with Tav or Polster at RB, and Borna/Aribo on the left. Hagi and Kamara as the central 2, when Hagi tires, bring on Davis. Or go vice versa.  Happy either way. Kamberi and Morelos up front. IMO that gives us pace, creativity and the spark we need.

4-3-3 for me isn't working, its all far too narrow and predictable, the middle 3 aren't controlling games and the front 3 aren't producing, I would play 2 up front and use the extra man in midfield to widen the midfield.

Well, I am off in 5m, lets see what happens.

13 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

The team we have put out since NY has giving us diminishing returns, we NEED to change something. We cant put the same team out to the same system and somehow hope it all changes. We need to stop going narrow, use the width of the Ibrox pitch, have players making runs behind and also into channels.  Pull their midfield and full backs into areas out wide they don't want, freeing up some space in the middle to exploit. I'd have Kent wide right with Tav or Polster at RB, and Borna/Aribo on the left. Hagi and Kamara as the central 2, when Hagi tires, bring on Davis. Or go vice versa.  Happy either way. Kamberi and Morelos up front. IMO that gives us pace, creativity and the spark we need.

4-3-3 for me isn't working, its all far too narrow and predictable, the middle 3 aren't controlling games and the front 3 aren't producing, I would play 2 up front and use the extra man in midfield to widen the midfield.

Kamberi can't play against Hivs.

23 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

Doubt Kamberi will be eligible to play. 

6 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

I'm expecting the exact same line up from the weekend if I'm honest. Gerrard hoping for a reaction. I genuinely believe he's that naive. 

Think sadly you’re right 

‘I asked for a reaction and they disappointed me’ speech at the ready if we have a poor result 

8 minutes ago, Finny said:

Doubt Kamberi will be eligible to play. 

He can't league rules say you can't play against your parent club

During the term of a Temporary Transfer the Player concerned shall not Play for his
transferee Club against his transferor Club in:
(i) a League Match;
(ii) a Play-Off Match;
(iii) a Scottish Professional Football League Cup Match;
(iv) a Scottish Professional Football League Challenge Cup Match; and
(v) a Scottish Cup Match; and
during the term of a Temporary Transfer or during a Recall, the Player concerned
shall not Play for his transferor Club in a Match in the Reserve League or in any
Reserve Cup Match against his transferee Club or for his transferor Club in any
Match involving an age limited team of his transferee Club.

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Id love to see a tweak to the system, play actual wingers and stretch hibs, then allow arfield and maybe hagi to press up to support morelos and run at a stretched hibs defence 

I like your thinking even if wishful.

Archived