Lost The Dressing Room

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They won today after changing from their 352.

Kinda vindicates my point then. They were shite and it wasny working for them. They change formation and then the centre half they put to right back goes up and scores.

9 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

They're not playing for him anymore, irregardless of the result nobody can convince me otherwise that those players genuinely give a fuck. 

This is the beginning of the end for Gerrard, deja vu all over again from Warburtons final days. 

Something has clearly happened over the winter break because there's no valid reason for this monumental collapse. 

I respect your opinion but I disagree.

I don't think Gerrard has lost the dressing room, I believe the players respect that he'll tell them the truth good or bad.

What I think has happened is that the team reviewed the cup final over the winter break and realised that the standard from the officials gifted cfc the title. Most of them are from outwith Scotland so they don't realise how this league despises Rangers.

The cup final situation P'd me off,  so I can only imagine how they felt  after working so hard to get into it. I think it was at this point they adopted a 'what's the point' attitude and stewed on it for the rest of their break, leaving them on a low when the games started back.

21 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The cup final situation P'd me off,  so I can only imagine how they felt  after working so hard to get into it. I think it was at this point they adopted a 'what's the point' attitude and stewed on it for the rest of their break, leaving them on a low when the games started back.

It's a plausible explanation but it's not valid. These players are being paid very well to kick a ball about. 

The fans didn't give up after the cup final so why the fuck they would think they have a right to is honestly beyond me.

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I respect your opinion but I disagree.

I don't think Gerrard has lost the dressing room, I believe the players respect that he'll tell them the truth good or bad.

What I think has happened is that the team reviewed the cup final over the winter break and realised that the standard from the officials gifted cfc the title. Most of them are from outwith Scotland so they don't realise how this league despises Rangers.

You think they reviewed a cup final that we lost during the winter break on the back of beating them at the piggery??

I can't for 1 reason think why we would analyse a game to make the players feel bad about things...makes no sense whatsoever 

6 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Murphy is at a "decent level"? 

6 hours ago, hammer93 said:

As McCrorie?

League 1....I could just hear the moans if we were looking at players in league 1...."a warburtonesque signing "

To be fair Docherty is doing decent enough, his face clearly doesn't fit with Gerrard though 

League one is better than our opponents bar the tarriers, so yes its a decent level, point still stands that the poster I replied to said we had little squad depth when gerrard chose to send away these 3 guys, all capable of playing in the spfl, 

Hell you could even incude hastie and middleton if you really want to show the lack of depth is down to our manager

6 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

What do you mean get us this far? We've gift wrapped the title to them before March again ffs. 

I see your point about Morelos then raise you another, that boy has solely kept Gerrard in a job this season,if it weren't for his goals in the first half of the campaign where would we be?

Since last March, after the defeat to them at Parkhead, we've lost one more game than them and drawing the same amount of games. That's quite a lot of games to win playing under a guy you aren't playing for. 

I agree about Morelos, I wasnt criticising him for losing form. 

8 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

People seem obsessed with the formation. Yes we can change the formation but equally important is what we do with the ball within a formation.   We can play the same formation but use different options to  probe the opposition defence.   

For our current set up to work Kent and Tav have to take on and get past opposition players, cutting in and playing square across the box doesn’t work. To me it all stems from a lack of confidence.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

League one is better than our opponents bar the tarriers, so yes its a decent level, point still stands that the poster I replied to said we had little squad depth when gerrard chose to send away these 3 guys, all capable of playing in the spfl, 

Hell you could even incude hastie and middleton if you really want to show the lack of depth is down to our manager

Mate I've seem some folk come up with whoppers to back up their argument, but this one beats them all.

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mate I've seem some folk come up with whoppers to back up their argument, but this one beats them all.

How did killies euro run go again?  And are you saying that Sunderland, Portsmouth, ipswich amongst others arent better than killie, hearts, hamilton? 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

How did killies euro run go again?  And are you saying that Sunderland, Portsmouth, ipswich amongst others arent better than killie, hearts, hamilton? 

No but what you're saying us that league 1 is better than the spl outwith the old firm. Youre saying the league not certain teams. That argument suggests that Aberdeen,  Hivs, Motherwell wouldnt survive in this better league and are fit only for League 2. Which is utter nonsense.

12 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

You can point to all the excuses in the world, the ref's, the dressing room, fatigue but the simple fact is the good ole tactics need changed. The tims were on the ropes before the winter break. Switched to 3-5-2 and won the league 3 weeks later. 2 up top for me for the rest of the season.

Morelos can’t play in a 2 so who is your front 2? 

Gerrard isn’t going anywhere so anybody hoping for it will be waiting a while. 

I’ll say it again. We had, I think, our strongest ever first half of a league season

We qualified for the L32 of the EL, from a group that could easily have been a CL group. 

We’re still on course for our highest ever points tally bar 02/03 (under 3 points for a win). 

Ultimately, we are showing title winning form but we’ve come up short against a celtic team who will likely hit 100 points this season. Sometimes you have to put your hands up when that happens. 

None of that takes away from certain failings, particularly around transfer dealings, treatment of certain players etc 

chopping and changing just isn’t the option for me. We need to keep going with it

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

No but what you're saying us that league 1 is better than the spl outwith the old firm. Youre saying the league not certain teams. That argument suggests that Aberdeen,  Hivs, Motherwell wouldnt survive in this better league and are fit only for League 2. Which is utter nonsense.

Not one team outwith the OF would promote out of league one, some would struggle to not be relegated, therefore the guys we have playing down there are good enough for up here imo

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not one team outwith the OF would promote out of league one, some would struggle to not be relegated, therefore the guys we have playing down there are good enough for up here imo

To be honest, as someone who watches Bristol rovers in league one I disagree with this completely. The SPL is shit but league one is a whole another level of shit! I think every spl team would get promoted from league one quite comfortably.

16 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Moving goalposts and then some. 

Playing / scoring goals for those teams down there simply does not correlate to being good enough for up here. Decent level ffs.

11 hours ago, orange&blue92 said:

Kent plays like ‘he’s made his name’, Kamberi plays like ‘ he’s trying to make a name’, today anyway.

When your being picked no matter what because your a managers favourite its easier to just stroll through games. Its all about hunger. The top players never lose it no matter what.

Kamberi, Jones and Stewart should be given more game time to see how they react.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Gerrard isn’t going anywhere so anybody hoping for it will be waiting a while. 

I’ll say it again. We had, I think, our strongest ever first half of a league season

We qualified for the L32 of the EL, from a group that could easily have been a CL group. 

We’re still on course for our highest ever points tally bar 02/03 (under 3 points for a win). 

Ultimately, we are showing title winning form but we’ve come up short against a celtic team who will likely hit 100 points this season. Sometimes you have to put your hands up when that happens. 

None of that takes away from certain failings, particularly around transfer dealings, treatment of certain players etc 

chopping and changing just isn’t the option for me. We need to keep going with it

Superb post. 

39 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Moving goalposts and then some. 

Playing / scoring goals for those teams down there simply does not correlate to being good enough for up here. Decent level ffs.

So George Edmundson Who came from that level isn’t good enough then?

Jordan Jones who couldn’t get a game for Kilmarnock, Journeyman Greg Stewart, Liverpool youth Sheyi Ojo, Journeyman Brandon Barker, Motherwell Youth Jake Hastie - they were  all deemed good enough to improve last seasons team. 

How’s that working out?

Archived