Aribo's Goal

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, M0NTANA said:

Really think Aribo changed the game last night, immediately came on an sprayed it out left with a brilliant pass where we were unlucky to score from the result of it. Think that lifted our spirits as before then we couldn’t string two passes together. 

We also looked a hell of a lot better with options up top. Davis out for Jack at the weekend and Kamberi, Stewart and Morelos all starting. 

13 hours ago, Sket said:

Hagi changed the game

Gerrard changed it

he’s been taking some stick on here for a couple of weeks and rightly so, but credit to him for going with Aribo at left back when Halliday/Holliday  would have been the easy/safe option.

Player wise I would say Hagi turned it

10 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Gerrard changed it

he’s been taking some stick on here for a couple of weeks and rightly so, but credit to him for going with Aribo at left back when Halliday/Holliday  would have been the easy/safe option.

Said exactly this at the time in the match thread. Fully expected him to do the obvious and bring on Halliday who would have toiled. Thought outside the box, gambled and it paid off big time. Huge credit where it’s due 

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

Big Joe is like a bendy toy with telescopic legs.

Be absolutely horrible to play against, cunts legs are almost telescopic ha ha, hated playing against guys like that, always get a wee toe to the ball no matter what you do. Plus he’s got ability in abundance, he’s shown it in flashes, young lad, big move into what must seem like madness to the guy, once he’s properly settled and found his feet he’s going to be a top player for us, I honestly think next season he’ll tear it apart 

15 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Hope Aribo kicks on from this.   Always thought he lacked a bit of self confidence.    Looked like a giraffe  on ice as he weaved his way through the Braga defence but as long as keeps this up I really don’t care. 

He looked like he’d lost it earlier in the move but battled to make the pass before his run, boys definitely got a bit of steel about him as well.

1 hour ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Gerrard changed it

He only went left back because borna went off

Formation  to play against low block teams.

GK        Mcgregor

RB Tav                CB  Goldson            LB  Barasic 

CDM  Jack                          CDM Davis

RW Kent.                                        CM  Aribo.                                                LW  Jones

AM  Hagi

ST. Morelos

15 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

Formation  to play against low block teams.

GK        Mcgregor

RB Tav                CB  Goldson            LB  Barasic 

CDM  Jack                          CDM Davis

RW Kent.                                        CM  Aribo.                                                LW  Jones

AM  Hagi

ST. Morelos

Enough of the Lambrini for you.

4 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hopefully he gets a lifetime ban for that banner.

I actually rate that from the wee guy, but also laughed. 

I swear I’m going to hire a cherrypicker and get that Broxi Bear face off the side of the Broomloan. 

Might do a crowdfund for it. 

That was some walk he took that ball for.

Sensational.

Echoing the spot-on comparisons to Ted McMinn, there's a Vlog of the game and the goal on YouTube where the guy uses the phrase everyone used whenever McMinn got the ball: "Where's he going?" 

Then, BOOM! Bedlam. 

10 hours ago, gazza27 said:

He only went left back because borna went off

So why didn't Gerrard put Halliday on then? Halliday who has only played at left back for Gerrard.  Halliday who started at left back when Barasic was injured

Mon gazza credit where it's due, it was an attack minded sub and it paid off, put it this way if Aribo came on at left back and we went 0-3 down Gerrard would have got absolute pelters on here.

Archived