The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

This is so true, what kind of world does Maxwell (who I had hoped would be a good guy, not so sure now?) and others live in ffs, we are at the start of a three week shut down which may well be doubled or even longer and we still have them saying on a daily basis they will not void the season. :headwall:

Absolute wankers IMO.  

They live in a delusional world mate. 

This farce will continue on, probably until that UEFA deadline hits. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

In this “lockdown” and everything closing except necessities I cannot believe the footballing authorities are sitting back being fucking idiots still playing with the June 30th deadline.

Void the season and plan for the start of the new season whenever that may be.

You cannot disrupt more than is necessary by trying to finish this season and pushing other seasons back. That would be crazy.

The lack of leadership from any footballing bodies is alarming.

Let clubs plan for the immediate future by letting them know what the immediate future is. No ifs, buts and maybes. 

No tainted titles and no tainted relegations. 

The sports future depends on it. 

👏  👏   👏

If they only had that sense, but it does not seem like it at the moment. :duh:

30 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Imagine for a moment guys.

Those folk in the footballing bodies being in charge of the Country, to them it would be business as usual, with a death toll of millions in UK alone.

That's why football cannot be allowed to resume. People need to realise this is extremely serious and should follow the government guidance. Not a chance any football starting up before August, which would lead into the following season. 

The coronavirus has cancelled the 19/20 season. The sooner UEFA take their head out the sand, realize it and announce it, the better for all football associations around Europe. They are grasping at straws holding on and hoping for a turn in fortunes.

The sooner people realise that football in the bigger picture of life isn't really that important when there is a health crisis going on the better.

Football is a huge part of my life missed it for a week now I can honestly say right now its the last thing on my mind.

When we have beaten this virus and I know everyone in my family has made it through then I can start to think about football.

My opinion won't change regarding the league season tho null and void and we go again whenever it's safe. Any attempt to hand out titles Rangers must fight

That’s lower level non league football been cancelled for this season. Would assume in the next couple of weeks the rest will follow. 

Also apparently we’ve won the most amount of games in the Europa League this season. Going by tarrier logic we’ll be presented with the trophy when we are back. I’d like to say winning the Europa League 2020 is a far greater achievement than celtic winning the European Cup in 1967 by quite some distance. 👍🏻

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Minimum 6months the predictions from many 

Up to 18months from some 

watch the cunts try claim 10 in a row too if This goes on that long 

Somebody had the idea that if it was able to start back up in January that we scrap the cups and have a 22 league season between January and May, everybody plays each other twice  home and away. Wouldn't mind that tbh. 

Oh fuck aye they'll be claiming 11IAR soon enough. 

30 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The sooner people realise that football in the bigger picture of life isn't really that important when there is a health crisis going on the better.

Football is a huge part of my life missed it for a week now I can honestly say right now its the last thing on my mind.

When we have beaten this virus and I know everyone in my family has made it through then I can start to think about football.

My opinion won't change regarding the league season tho null and void and we go again whenever it's safe. Any attempt to hand out titles Rangers must fight

Wise words, for a change. 👍

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Somebody had the idea that if it was able to start back up in January that we scrap the cups and have a 22 league season between January and May, everybody plays each other twice  home and away. Wouldn't mind that tbh. 

Oh fuck aye they'll be claiming 11IAR soon enough. 

Decent idea that to be honest ,and probably realistic too by the way things are going ,The way it’s going the world is getting blitzed with this thing and will take a good while before the borders start opening up again for fear of breakouts again 

And we would still be in Europe 😂

How many players would still be here is another thing ,a lot of guys will have went home so only British based players would be playing ,great chance to bring in the youths too

38 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Can’t agree with you more here, football for most  on here is centric to their daily lives and not something you can just switch on and off. This situation is putting life (literally) in to perspective, and compared with the safety and well-being of family, friends, colleagues even folk you may not usually have time for, it comes a poor second. The football governance authorities (EUFA and national bodies) in response has been nothing less than pathetic and is driven by nothing more than greed, power and money. As for celtic's bleating about their title which they haven’t won or are entitled to at this horrendous time, I have no words to describe my destain for everything about that club... 

3 hours ago, frenv said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest given the nonsense they've been flinging in the media.

If they were still in the Europa, come 18 months from now they'd be citing how they were still going strong 27 months into it. Unbeaten home and away for a joint-record 18 months at that point 🙂

They'd be wanting that awarded to THEM aswell ffs.

44 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Can’t agree with you more here, football for most  on here is centric to their daily lives and not something you can just switch on and off. This situation is putting life (literally) in to perspective, and compared with the safety and well-being of family, friends, colleagues even folk you may not usually have time for, it comes a poor second. The football governance authorities (EUFA and national bodies) in response has been nothing less than pathetic and is driven by nothing more than greed, power and money. As for celtic's bleating about their title which they haven’t won or are entitled to at this horrendous time, I have no words to describe my destain for everything about that club... 

It's for this reason that I'm actually reaching the conclusion of just giving the cunts it - everyone knows it's a completely meaningless trophy in the context of everything that's going on. 

Let history say that whilst people all over the world were losing their jobs, businesses, family members (or themselves) dying, celtic whined until they were given a trophy they hadn't won on the pitch.

Let the song book remind them every cunt associated with their club was more concerned about being given a trophy they didn't deserve than resolving their so-called investigation into the historical abuse at their club.

There will forever be an asterix next to the 'winners' of this season's league. Give the cunts it.

9 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It's for this reason that I'm actually reaching the conclusion of just giving the cunts it - everyone knows it's a completely meaningless trophy in the context of everything that's going on. 

Let history say that whilst people all over the world were losing their jobs, businesses, family members (or themselves) dying, celtic whined until they were given a trophy they hadn't won on the pitch.

Let the song book remind them every cunt associated with their club was more concerned about being given a trophy they didn't deserve than resolving their so-called investigation into the historical abuse at their club.

There will forever be an asterix next to the 'winners' of this season's league. Give the cunts it.

The asterisk will quickly disappear and be forgotten about 

Tarriers are world class at rewriting history this wouldn’t be any different. Give them fuck all....

Apart from maybe a wee dose of the corona 

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

The asterisk will quickly disappear and be forgotten about 

Tarriers are world class at rewriting history this wouldn’t be any different. Give them fuck all....

Aye give them the next strain ,

Oh can you imagine it ,a high profile tarrier dies ,it will be like the only victim on the planet 

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

The asterisks will quickly disappear and be forgotten about 

I'm not against the club maintaining the position they have already put out, but just saying I suppose that I also wouldn't be against a "you know what, have it you classless cunts" type position either.

Club could rise above it all, let the cunts have their meaningless trophy. But spell out that it's meaningless.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'm not against the club maintaining the position they have already put out, but just saying I suppose that I also wouldn't be against a "you know what, have it you classless cunts" type position either.

Club could rise above it all, let the cunts have their meaningless trophy. But spell out that it's meaningless.

Give it another 3 weeks ,if they are still bleating they can fuckin have it ,

Thumb will be like Gollum with his medal while the country is devastated with 1000s of dead 

I would love Rangers to come out with a statement along the lines of...

”In these unprecedented times we find it abhorrent that anyone thinks they should be getting handed trophies they didn’t earn let alone even thinking about playing just now. We should be thinking about the people that are sick and dying and the people who’s finances are in jeopardy.”

A shot right across the bows that cannot be argued against. 

49 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

They definitely shouldn’t get anything imo, if they do in the current climate I wouldn’t even lift my head to it but I applaud your sentiment👍...

Archived