The league must be voided

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Course I would. And no doubt you'd be on here demanding the title should be given to us. 

So you think scum should be awarded the title yes? And if the shoe was in the other foot your opinion would change? Is that right ?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Within the premise of a 38 game season.

So date to start and date to end or different dates to those as determined by the Board but not including the preseason.

You're adding bits that dont exist there.

2 minutes ago, Amato said:

Just wondering why you've made what feels like hundreds of posts about it. Have you stopped to eat/drink/sleep/shit?

Are you self isolating and bored out your tits?

Because there have been what feels like hundreds of replies to my posts.

I have stopped to do all of those things. And even go to the pub.

Not self-isolating but as a football journalist with no football to cover, bored out my tits is an understatement.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Again, that depends on your reading of it. The SPFL seem content that it allows them to end the season and tbh, I agree with it. There's no reference to the number of games in the league's definition of Season.

If it doesn't allow them to end the season, there's no mechanism which means it can be voided.

There is the premiership structure is such that teams shall play 38 matches in anyone season, failure to do that makes the season void. Why are you looking at the rules with the fundamentals being who wins the league, this is fundamentally about not being able to complete the season, look at it at that perspective.

37 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

UEFA have a responsibility to all their members not just our corrupt league. They will either leave it up to the individual leagues to decide or implement a blanket policy that all members must adhere to. In my opinion, Tuesday comes too early to make that decision because it is still  to be determined if seasons are still salvageable or not (I don't think they will be saved). A decision may be made regarding CL & EL but I doubt anything will be determined re domestic. That's my tuppence worth on the matter for the day.

The point is uefa have previous for instructing titles be handed out. I was reading today they did it in Yugoslavia in the 90s - same amount of fixtures played

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

There is the premiership structure is such that teams shall play 38 matches in anyone season, failure to do that makes the season void. Why are you looking at the rules with the fundamentals being who wins the league, this is fundamentally about not being able to complete the season, look at it at that perspective.

Where does it say that?

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because there have been what feels like hundreds of replies to my posts.

I have stopped to do all of those things. And even go to the pub.

Not self-isolating but as a football journalist with no football to cover, bored out my tits is an understatement.

Write an opinion piece about what you think should happen if the league can't continue.

Contact Alex Thomson, see if he needs a hand with anything.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

I Absolutely hate that Dude is hogging this thread . Depressing as fuck to be honest . The cunt has nothing else to do with his time

His opinions mean fuck all to this bear

You've made the point of telling us this repeatedly over the last several years yet go out of your way to watch my podcast and mention me quite regularly.

No way I'm excepting the scum being handed the title, nor should the rest of the teams, money's should be handed out equally to all Scottish teams and we start again when it's safe to do so.

The scum hordes will demand the opposite, sporting integrity in reverse, Scotland in 2020

I haven't read one thing from Liverpool demanding they should be rewarded the league. Not from the manager, their players or the board and the media seem nonplussed and therefore are hesitant to form an opinion. In contrast, we have had perfectly planned press conferences and interviews from celtic, ex player/pundits weighing in and the Record & Sun telling us what should happen. In addition @The Dude tells us what the SPFL plan to do.

The comparison is night and day.

1 minute ago, Amato said:

Write an opinion piece about what you think should happen of the league can't continue.

Contact Alex Thomson, see if he needs a hand with anything.

Already been done by one of my colleagues. No point replicating it within 24 hours.

Unfortunately, I can't just work for other outlets without approval from my employer.

4 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

The point is uefa have previous for instructing titles be handed out. I was reading today they did it in Yugoslavia in the 90s - same amount of fixtures played

I just read that also.

3 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

That was for one country with a War going on, we are talking about the whole of Europe now.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You've made the point of telling us this repeatedly over the last several years yet go out of your way to watch my podcast and mention me quite regularly.

If that makes you feel better . You are a wong un and so is LPB . Shower of freaks

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

It says that because it stipulates that 38 shall be played, if that can’t happen then this rule can’t be adhered too hence league is void.

Where does it say if the rule can't be adhered to the league is void? You're just making things up now.

From the Sunday Mail/Record and obviously written with the tarriers in mind. :happy:

I hope UEFA for once do something correct and VOID all leagues and start the new season when it is possible.  

Hearts set for crisis meeting to discuss potential legal fight if early Premiership finish sees them relegated

Hearts will hold a crisis meeting this week to discuss options including a potential legal fight if an early end to the Ladbrokes Premiership season sees them relegated to the Championship.

The Jambos were bottom of the pile and four points adrift of 11 placed Hamilton when all Scottish football was suspended last week due to the coronavirus pandemic currently sweeping the globe.

A decision by the UK Government to end the season could be taken this week, and crucially, current standings could be final in order to protect next season’s bumper broadcast deal and allow the 2020/21 campaign to start in August if possible.

That would see Hearts relegated to the Championship despite, in theory, still having 24 points left left to play for when games were halted.

It’s understood the capital club’s board will meet to discuss their options early this week, when it’s thought a potential legal challenge to the decision won’t be ruled out.

Whether that could be successful under the current SPFL rules is doubtful, which appear to give the league board discretionary power over when to call time on the current campaign..

Current definitions and interpretations within the rules of the Scottish Professional Football League state: “Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first league match in a season and ending on the date of the last league match in the same season or otherwise as determined by the board and which excludes the close season.”

“As determined by the board” could provide the league with a get out if faced with a legal dispute from clubs affected across all four Scottish leagues.

If current standings are declared final, then Partick Thistle would be relegated despite being two points behind second bottom Queen of the South having played one less match.

Raith Rovers would be promoted from League one by a point from Falkirk with the two scheduled to meet each other on the final day of the season in a potential title decider.

If Hearts were forced through the relegation trap door, it would leave big questions over the future of manager Daniel Stendel and a number of the playing squad.

Owner Ann Budge confirmed at the club’s AGM in December that a number had relegation clauses in their contracts, which would be activated if the club slipped in to Scottish football’s second tier.

Hearts were of course a Championship club when Budge bought a controlling stake back in 2014.

But that proved to be just a one season alliance as the Jambos romped to the 2014/15 title under Robbie Neilson, setting a record a points total and blowing main rivals Hibs and Rangers away.

Ironically, Neilson’s current club Dundee United are set to replace Hearts in the top flight. The Arabs hold a 14-point lead at the top of the Championship and were unlikely to be caught had the season played out.

Circumstances this time around are much different, however, with an immediate return for the Gorgie outfit far from guaranteed.

Archived