The league must be voided

Just now, The Dude said:

Tell that to the clubs who stand to lose (relatively) massive figures as a result of unfairly being denied promotion.

I'm sure Raith will be quite happy to just rip it up and spend another season in the third tier.

Eh? Of course people are unhappy - but surely the honest, ethical and sensible approach is to recognise it could not be completed and therefore you need to replay it. Just like a game being called off when you are 2-0 up, the league is called off. So go again.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Voiding the season creates far more problems.

Who gets EL spaces? Should Motherwell lose out to Killie? Hardly fair.

Why should the likes of Dundee United and Raith have to spend an extra season in league below?

How do you determine prize money split? Is it based on last season? Clubs would get prize money based on a division they may not even be in.

I think your wrong, but see that’s where you and I differ, you care about teams other than Rangers I dont! 
it would be fair that they play in the league they played in this season because this season is incomplete and therefor should be null and void!

they can cry all they want but they should save it for whoever was responsible between Russia and China for creating the corona virus 

replay this season, same European places you earned you earned the year before the null and void season, simple.

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

They don't need to void it to avoid giving the title to celtic though, do they?

They can declare this year's title as vacant, use the current standings to allocate European places for next year and expand the league to allow teams "promotion" in a one-off season before reverting to normal the following year

That would make everyone happy except celtic. 41 clubs >>> 1. 

They cannot be crowned champions, it would be a farce. 👍

7 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Exactly, the media attempting to make the story about petty bias and rivals, when its about the league season being fucked.

The narrative that the rule book should be read in respect to who wins the league is absurd. If it’s read with the relevance solely being what happens if 38 games can’t be completed then the rules is clear, they must be played.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

When did you speak to a lawyer?  Have you mentioned this before, if not why wouldn't you have mentioned you had legal intervention, that's kinda significant?

What is his legal input specifically?

You have bought into this being the correct  course of action, interpretation. You're stoically arguing this narrative. So dear ya its the  spfl interpretation not yours when you evidently concur.

Mentioned it on the thread last night. Spoke to them yesterday as well as three clubs over the last few days. One of my colleagues has spoken to a few more.

Her* input was that the interpretation provided fit within her look at the rules. There would be a possibility of a challenge but it seemed like the SPFL would be in a pretty solid position. She has absolutely no involvement in football and isn't even resident in this country any more.

I do concur because of the input of the likes of those above who are far better positioned than I am to interpret them.

3 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Eh? Of course people are unhappy - but surely the honest, ethical and sensible approach is to recognise it could not be completed and therefore you need to replay it. Just like a game being called off when you are 2-0 up, the league is called off. So go again.

It's not sensible if it's a decision which is likely to see your club go under through no fault of your own.

The league won't be voided if the decision is left to domestic associations.

4 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

I think your wrong, but see that’s where you and I differ, you care about teams other than Rangers I dont! 
it would be fair that they play in the league they played in this season because this season is incomplete and therefor should be null and void!

they can cry all they want but they should save it for whoever was responsible between Russia and China for creating the corona virus 

replay this season, same European places you earned you earned the year before the null and void season, simple.

You can't then argue fairness if it's a case of fuck everybody else, I'm only interested in how it affects Rangers.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Tell that to the clubs who stand to lose (relatively) massive figures as a result of unfairly being denied promotion.

I'm sure Raith will be quite happy to just rip it up and spend another season in the third tier.

Winners and losers but I’m sure any club being disadvantaged could be given title money and points advantage in the next season, no titles should be given or recorded that haven’t been won by completing the competition.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's not sensible if it's a decision which is likely to see your club go under through no fault of your own.

Not sensible if, like you, you see football as a means to make money rather than having some sporting integrity and fairness. We should expect nothing else from you given you need it to make a wage.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Boo fucking hoo!!  mate wait an I’ll grab the hankies the supporters of other clubs offered me when my club went bust 

fuck them I hope they all go out of business, no care in the community anymore, never forgive, never forget!

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Aye and a few others, Doncaster said they have no reserve money, would he even want to fight court battles.

Well given they stole our fucking prize money before, I'm sure they'll do the same this year and keep it all, thieving fuckers.

14 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

They don't need to void it to avoid giving the title to celtic though, do they?

They can declare this year's title as vacant, use the current standings to allocate European places for next year and expand the league to allow teams "promotion" in a one-off season before reverting to normal the following year

That would make everyone happy except celtic. 41 clubs >>> 1. 

Who do they promote? 4 teams? Arbroath have played 2 games less than Dundee Utd, 2 wins for them could take them into that 4th spot if Ayr lost their 28th game. It’s a total minefield. Null and Void every league and it’s just tough on those who might have won or might have been promoted.

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Aye and a few others, Doncaster said they have no reserve money, would he even want to fight court battles.

If he ends the season and makes it’s void due to  being unable to play 38 games this season as the rule book dictates then they would win any court battles. Manipulate and ignore current rules to gift their team a title will result in lots. 
Id add that we shouldn’t participate in the following season whilst these incompetent twats are in charge.

54 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because there have been what feels like hundreds of replies to my posts.

I have stopped to do all of those things. And even go to the pub.

Not self-isolating but as a football journalist with no football to cover, bored out my tits is an understatement.

You maybe bored but don't kid on you are a journalist. You must realise how your posts come across, infact I think you do as all you look for is a reaction.  You know nothing more than the next poster and your reading of the rules and your interpretation of them is up to you. I personally hope Uefa and fifa declare all leagues null and void to avoid any dispute.

Archived