Blue Tin Hat On- Chairman

JamieG54

Bring in AJ again. He is a fan and will look after us. Without any debt think how well he could run our club? Even if Mini brings his finance guy on board I think its still a good move.

He gives interviews now and again but not heard from him in the past few months. You think he would be up for it?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring in AJ again. He is a fan and will look after us. Without any debt think how well he could run our club? Even if Mini brings his finance guy on board I think its still a good move.

He gives interviews now and again but not heard from him in the past few months. You think he would be up for it?

not sure myself but he would help with contacts in america if we are serious about opening academy's etc.

He done a radio interview recently Jamie and he stated he still keeps daily tabs on the club and their progress.

He was then asked if the chance arose, would he return to the club in any capacity offered, and he stated he would jump at the chance because he loves the club dearly.

I would also take AJ back, he knows the chairman role inside out.

Still hope Mini gets to fuck though, would take Blin on board to oversee BS and all financial decisions but as for Mini, there is no place inside Ibrox for him IMO

Never worked before yet we want to go back? Why can we not move foreword with a fresh start?

We were crippled with debt when he was here yet gave Walter enough cash for 3IAR by sacrificing other costs. Remember how thin our squad was when we were selling Mendes etc?

OT: We just opened an academy partnership with an international school in Italy.

http://www.rangers.c...angers-in-italy

Is that the schools thing we do were you pay money and your kid can go for a day/week no matter his skill level?

Was thinking we would be opening something a little more permanent were we would select young players through scouts and then train them year round in an affiliated training complex, sending the best to Scotland to sign for the reserves with the rest being sold or let go, don't get me wrong i think it is fantastic the club is doing so well with the schools and raising the profile of the club throughout the world. Obviously now with the IPO cash gone it is proberbly just a pipe dream.

I was unimpressed with him as chairman previously. I also thought he should have said more when Whyte came along as he knew more than he stated publicly. Also, he is based in Ohio which is far too far away for our chairman to be located.

I agree with you point that being oversea's is not ideal. However I cannot agree that he didn't say enough. He went to every paper and screamed for us not to trust Whyte. It was on the front pages of the Sun, Record, Scotsman, and the Herald. Big Headlines, "DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN" when the Club was sold to Whyte, and the vast majority of us thought it was sour grapes on his part. How wrong we were. I would like to see him back.

We were crippled with debt when he was here yet gave Walter enough cash for 3IAR by sacrificing other costs. Remember how thin our squad was when we were selling Mendes etc?

They stood by and let Murray rape us, picking up their salaries without a murmur. Lloyds banking group were running us Walter Smith and the team done fantastic but the board had next to no say.