What was the best central midfield pairing?

Thomson and Mendes.

Unbeaten while they two were on the park.

Lost at St Mirren after Thomson was taken off!

We were pish that whole game though. Also drew 3-3 with United with the Thomson Mendes partnership.

Having said all that though, it was by far the best partnership. Hopefully we can get it back this season working as well if not better!

I've been one of his biggest fans since day one, but the constant bigging up of Thomson is actually getting beyond the joke now.

The Mendes Edu partnership was every bit as effective as the Thomson Mendes one that we seen in the early part of the season.

Thomson came on leaps and bounds at the start of last season, he was our best midfielder and losing him was a big blow.

no brainer, tommo & mendes. edu looks a decent prospect, but he does give the ball away a wee bit too often, where as one of the things that makes thompson the player he is, is the fact he seldom gives away posession

Thomson and Mendes - remember Thomson has a lot more SPL experience than Edu. The slate though is clean and a lot depends on which one regains full fitness and form. Whichever does that first will keep his place in the team. Maybe in time both will be in the team who knows?

Thomson and Mendes formed a good partnership, but too many are discounting Mo Edu's body of work. The guy was thrown in the middle of a title race and performed brilliantly in huge matches, and that's something we shouldn't take too lightly. I'd say it's a tie.

Thomson and Mendes.

We were pish that whole game though. Also drew 3-3 with United with the Thomson Mendes partnership.

Having said all that though, it was by far the best partnership. Hopefully we can get it back this season working as well if not better!

But what a game though...squeeky bum time.

thomson needs time to return to full match fitness. Given that, Thomson and Mendes will definately be the better option.

I would say though that Edu is a tremendous back up and a more than able deputy.

I think Thommo has a big part to play this season.

Unfortunately, DBBTB is right in that he has definitely gained from the "abscence makes the heart grow fonder" syndrome. I fear he'll not live up to the reputation that he's been given.

Would say Thomson and Mendes. Having said that an earlier post was correct the slate is wiped clean for this season. We have four quality centre midfielders in Pedro, Thommo, Davis and Edu and I would expect them to challenge each other for the starting places. Will take Thomson 2 to 3 months maybe more to get back to his old self because of the injury

Difficult; Edu has the pace that Thomson lacks, Thomson has the bite that Edu does not have.Thomson has the experience and composure that retains possession better.Edu has better movement and passing.

If Thomson returns and has lost any more pace then it has to be the Mendes/Edu combination as the way forward.

Thomson and Mendes.

And who was it that scored the 3rd goal in the dying minutes ?

I agree with DBBTB on this as well.

I think that while people are maybe over-estimating Thomson, they're severely under-estimating Edu.

He was absolutely vital for us in the run in. We wouldn't have won the league without him!