Miller

McBoyd

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that he signed for the great unwashed can never be excussed but he should never have been sold in the first place. Has proved himself second time round and deserves the plaudits.

I was with you until "but" :(

Took his goals really well yesterday and is hopefully on his way to shut up his critics this season.

He'll be an important player for us in CL this season and going by his pre-season form and goals yesterday, this can and should be Kenny's year. Wouldn't be surprised if he racks up 20 goals this season.

And there was also the occasion where he ran into no where and lost the ball...I still would rather have most of our strikers than him starting.

He looked like Pele alongside Boyd.

One nice wee flick from Kris and that was about his lot for the day.

And there was also the occasion where he ran into no where and lost the ball...I still would rather have most of our strikers than him starting.

He looked like Pele alongside Boyd.

One nice wee flick from Kris and that was about his lot for the day.

People will be surprised you even picked on that! :D:P

I'm sure his "nemisis" will be on here to congratulate him soon......those goals must have stuck in his craw today..... :lol:

Banging on about his 2 favourite beers.

Don't like Miller as a person but great performance yesterday, carved himself into a a good player for the team. Hope he keeps it up.

always works hard but his inconsistancy and poor strike rate is what lets him down. Took his goals well today but he missed a sitter earlier. If he could finish like boyd he would score 30+ a season easily because he gets into so many good positions but his finishing generally is terrible. 2nd goal today was quality though.

For those that are so willing to criticise his misses, remember every single other striker in the SPL and elsewhere miss their fair amount of chances.

Miller did very well Saturday and if he stays fit then I can see him getting at least 20 goals this season. Not only did he score two goals, and one of them a great solo effort I'm sure it was him that set up Naismith for his goal with a lovely little through ball.

Prior to his mistake in joining Celtic, his goals per games wasn't too bad, he just got ruined by the ginger minger, another player ruined by him, but now that he's back with us and getting trained and played better then he'll go on and score an awful lot more goals for us, as he's played in the position he should be played in.

Continues to make the most impact of all our players, even when not playing brilliantly.

Probably the most effective player in the SPL, and could be in with a shout of POTY if he keeps up the form and stays clear of injury.

He's, incredibly, becoming my favourite player.

It's time to bin Boyd and try Miller, Lafferty and Naismith, once Lafferty is free from suspension.

Miller and Lafferty looked pretty good in a front two back at the end of last season when they played a few games together.

This could be a pretty dangerous trio!

It's time to bin Boyd and try Miller, Lafferty and Naismith, once Lafferty is free from suspension.

Miller and Lafferty looked pretty good in a front two back at the end of last season when they played a few games together.

This could be a pretty dangerous trio!

Amen. I don't want to see Boyd again.

The quality we get up top from the likes of Miller, Lafferty, Naismith and even Novo in terms of movement, tracking, dragging defenders and creating chances negates the point of having Boyd.

Whittaker____Weir____Bougherra____Papac

____________Edu____Thomson___________

Davis__________Mendes_____________Naisy

_____________Miller/Lafferty______________

______Davis____Thomson____Mendes_____

Naismith_________Miller___________Lafferty

Unless we make signings? that is the best team IMO.

They only played together up front once as far as i remember, near the end of the season we had Lafferty on the left and Boyd and Miller up front.

I'm going to wait before i make a final decision on what i think is the best, it's only been one competitive game. Lafferty can't play right now through his own fault and speaking to some who did see a fair bit of pre-season (i only saw the Emirates games) he didn't look that good despite starting most games.

I can only see it being Naismith, Boyd and Miller at Tyncastle because of the injuries/suspensions and that's even if we play 4-3-3.

____________Edu____Thomson___________

Davis__________Mendes_____________Naisy

_____________Miller/Lafferty______________

______Davis____Thomson____Mendes_____

Naismith_________Miller___________Lafferty

Unless we make signings? that is the best team IMO.

Second team is exactly what I would pick.

I don't like Naismith on the left as I think it wastes him - but as a right prong on a 3 headed attack with Lafferty on the other side - that's precisely what I'd go with.

My only possible change would be Edu for Mendes.

They only played together up front once as far as i remember, near the end of the season we had Lafferty on the left and Boyd and Miller up front.

I'm going to wait before i make a final decision on what i think is the best, it's only been one competitive game. Lafferty can't play right now through his own fault and speaking to some who did see a fair bit of pre-season (i only saw the Emirates games) he didn't look that good despite starting most games.

I can only see it being Naismith, Boyd and Miller at Tyncastle because of the injuries/suspensions and that's even if we play 4-3-3.

Lafferty was on the left in pre-season - as in left midfield. Again, he is wasted out there. He has to be as a forward otherwise he is rendered impotent.