Kris Boyd linked with a move to Turkey, 50k?!

Boab

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope we do not accept £1.5m.

Selling Boyd would then also leave us short on striking options.

just a thought but say we sold boyd and brought in Lovenkrands.... took the 1.5million to strengthen the squad either at the back or on the wing. I would take that.

but i cant see boyd leaving as i dont think he could adapt over there..he may go for the money but who knows....we shall see what happens but i would ask for abit more than 1.5mill

7 months ago we had the chance to cash in on him for £3.5m and now we are down to £1.5m.

It looks unlikely Boyd will be given a new deal and it also looks unlikely that he will feature an awful lot this season so now is the chance to cash in on him!

7 months ago we had the chance to cash in on him for £3.5m and now we are down to £1.5m.

It looks unlikely Boyd will be given a new deal and it also looks unlikely that he will feature an awful lot this season so now is the chance to cash in on him!

A chance we took, it was Boyd's decision that the move never went through.

We haven't heard any word that he'll be offered a new deal or not, nobody seems to have posed the question to Walter Smith or anyone yet. But he played on Saturday so he can't be that far away from the first team plans and Walter Smith said near the end of last season that he wanted him to be here this season.

But obviously it would be better to get 1.5 million than nothing, maybe we're too skint to offer him a new contract if anything!

Some of our fans are fucken idiots.

McCoist was a lazy bastard and all he did was score, yet everyone regards him as this remarkable legendary striker. It's amazing how different people think of a player because he was a cheeky chappy always up for a laugh. Sell Boyd and lose a guaranteed 25 goals a season. Infact he'd be the first person I'd offer a contract to out that whole team.

Mccoist was NOT lazy, he worked his balls off on the park

There goes the mhedia again then, Brown's worth 520million but Boyd's barely worth 2..

Compton, the length of the contract really determines the fee.... Boyd can sign for a free transfer for any club in January, why would anyone offer silly money for a player that you can sign for nothing in 4 months?

There goes the mhedia again then, Brown's worth 520million but Boyd's barely worth 2..

Compton, the length of the contract really determines the fee.... Boyd can sign for a free transfer for any club in January, why would anyone offer silly money for a player that you can sign for nothing in 4 months?

According to the mhedia Celtics top 3 assets are Broonaldo - £11million, McGeady - £8million and Boruc £8million. They value our assets at Boyd - £2million, Davis £3million and McGregor £4-5million. These price tags tend to stick and as we have seen, Bain believes that these are accurate valuations.

It's called inflation.

He cost timmy 4.2M quid, of course he'd be worth around double that now.

Boyd cost us 500K, why would he be worth 10M now?

Just like we bought Bougherra for about 3M and he's quoted as worth about 6-10M now.

It is really very simple - and nothing to do with 'mhedia'.

Rather save the money in wages. Time and time again we have shown that we can score, and win without Boyd. We play better football without him aswell.

I guess his performance at Tannadice was just a one off.

I hope he's sold before the window closes.

Do you not think that would leave us too short?

We are already too short. At least we have options upfront unlike at the back.

Based on what, we're one game into the competitive season, and suddenly it means the Tannadice display was a one of?

As far as wages go Boyd isn't even one of the highest paid i don't think, although he may want to be in any new contract he gets.

I think five strikers is the right number to have and i want it to stay that way.

Fuck Sake we accepted 3m in January :(

If you look at the history of bids January is the silly season and bids get inflated due to clubs being desperate for signings for that push for promotion or survival etc. You tend not to get the same fee in August

Fuck Sake we accepted 3m in January :(

If you look at the history of bids January is the silly season and bids get inflated due to clubs being desperate for signings for that push for promotion or survival etc. You tend not to get the same fee in August

We should be looking at more than £3million in my opinion. The only reason Birmingham offered so little was because they knew we would accept anything over that amount.

It's called inflation.

He cost timmy 4.2M quid, of course he'd be worth around double that now.

Boyd cost us 500K, why would he be worth 10M now?

Just like we bought Bougherra for about 3M and he's quoted as worth about 6-10M now.

It is really very simple - and nothing to do with 'mhedia'.

That's ignoring the fact that Brown has been terrible (on the whole) since signing for Celtic, and Boyd has scored goals for fun since coming to Rangers.

So really previous transfer fee's shouldn't matter?