Would you sign for Rangers, if you were a promising youngster?

Boab

2 scenarios here:

Scenario 1: You were 16 (think that's the age) where you need to decide what club you're signing those forms for? Rangers, your boyhood heroes are in for you, Hibs, Hamilton & St Mirren were in for you too? Are we a no brainer or do you have doubts with our current Manager in charge or indeed just the fact we're such a big club that chances that sometimes few or are you that confident that you can break through?

Scenario 2: Whether Rangers were interested in your or not, you've signed for another SPL club or a Division 1 club and are say between the ages of 18/21 & Rangers are interested in you in a big way?

Again, is it a no-brainer and you jump at the chance; wait for other clubs to come in for you and go on to prove yourself and hope Rangers are interested later on when you're at your peak, or do you say no at worry of failing at Rangers or indeed not getting your chance at such a big club ala Allan Johnston/Paul Ritchie or be messed about like (maybe arguably) Steven Naismith/Steven Whittaker in their unaccomplished positions and it maybe harm your development albeit the 2 Stevens have now came onto a game to some extent? Would it worry you to move to RFC under our Management?

This question really isn't if you were 25+ and were a Pro.

My heart would say Rangers, but my head would say elsewere.

But the chance to be involved with Rangers day in, day out would be to much to turn down, if you were not good enough for Rangers, then when you get released the likes of St mirren etc. would be sniffing about anyways.

No right or wrong answer here, but personally i'd find it extremely difficult to turn down in any circumstances. If you went to another club to further your development first and then Rangers never came back in later in your career, it would be absolutely gutting and you'd always wonder what might have been. So i'd have to jump at the chance, and then as someone else said constantly put in maximum effort to make the breakthrough.

I'd sign for Gers....no question. This chance usually only comes round once in most players career so you'd have to grab it while you could! Signing and not making it...BUT giving it your very best shot would , to me, be far better than never having signed a all, and having some success at another club!

To me Boab, you're asking....would you rather risk being a flop at Rangers than a perhaps somebody at another club. I'd take that risk no questions asked. I'd even settle for shite wages and boring jobs just for the chance to be part of the club I love and to rub shoulders with some of the greats!! (tu)

the whole thread is a fucking no brainer. YES YES YES. And the same as what was said before, train like a fucking bad boy for the whole duration i was there.

I'd sign for Rangers in both accounts. The facilities at Rangers are world class, you might not develop like you should playing at St Mirren etc.

djw1992 is right "I'd sign for us in both cases, then train 200% harder than anybody else." Its a shame most of our current crop of players dont have this mentality apart from Broadfoot.

Sign for Rangers and score a bundle for club and country.

Then I'd move to Man City for 30-40 million. First game I'd go down with a kid on injury and the following year I'd get sold back to Rangers for roughly £250,000. Depending on finances at Ibrox I may do this several times. You're welcome.

Ok folks ... lets switch this.

You are currently training (say .. apprenticeship) to do your job, you are with Joe Bloggs PLC, the company who has invested in you since you were 16. This is the only company you know and you feel loyal to them. As you are only an apprentice you are only earning an apprentice wage ... say £100/wk.

Now, another company hears tell of your skill at your job, this company contacts you & offers to triple your wages and let you continue your apprenticship with them.

This new firm has the all the same facilites as your current employer but offers a better chance to improve your skills and reputation.

Do you jump jobs or stay loyal to your current employer.

Remember, this is just a job & you are just employee !!

Irrespective, if I was under 25 or even at any time of my life and was any good at football and Rangers wanted to sign me then I would sign for them. It would then be up to me to prove my worth and get into the first team and stay there, but the opportunity to play for Rangers would be too much.

if it was me i'd jump over hot coals, broken glass and big issue sellers just to get a chance with rangers and if thing's didn't work out at rangers, i'd pretty much ask to be loaned to another club to gain 1st team action and then hopefully come back and even better player.

how any rangers fan could say no to the club that they love would be un real.