Thomson

ChrisVanDarche

*waits for the edu is shite thread*

not everybody can recover from a serious injury in the space of a few weeks, give him time but of course the boo boys do like to make themselfs heard. :anguish: , look how long durrant took to recover and look what he became.

HE'S BLUE HE'S WHITE HE'S FUCKING DYNIMITE :praise:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not a bad player, quite like him when on song. still, he was bought to replace jeremy clement, who done the same job, only better from what i saw anyway.

the club kept their best ball winner in the reserves for a year in the spl, but first on team sheet in european games. hemdani. these two players are better than thomson, but both away for difffrent reasons.

He was never going to come back the same player.

exactly mate ,that is one hell of an injury and to have it twice ,must be a worry ....

i had it myself ,and took 18 months to fully recover and at the time was given the best possible treatment by brian scott..

mentally its tough to get over it ,and it must be twice as bad for thommo....

i obviously aint happy with his contribution of late but can understand ,,and for once i can understand smiths decision to play him week in week out ..

you cant leave the guy on the sidelines ,he is trying to get that confidence back and leaving him out will finish him as a player tbh..

ok you may say whats the point in having a passenger in our team i agree but what can we do apart from loan him out ...

not a bad player, quite like him when on song. still, he was bought to replace jeremy clement, who done the same job, only better from what i saw anyway.

the club kept their best ball winner in the reserves for a year in the spl, but first on team sheet in european games. hemdani. these two players are better than thomson, but both away for difffrent reasons.

spot on mate re HEMDANI ,i am gonna start a thread regards hemdani ,cause to me there was a pattern that season...

Thomson is not yet match fit. He is slowly improving but has a good bit to go. My question is why then play him and Lee in the centre of midfield? Lee is poor every week and Thommo unfit. If you play Thomson play him as the holding midfielder. Drop Lee, but do not play both. Why can't we try out Ness or Wylde in midfield. Playing Lee OR Thommo. Drop both and play Beasley, Davis, Ness and Wylde and play Fleck and Boyd up front. Younger faster team.

WS will never do it though.

some people simply cannot appreciate the severity of a cruciate ligament injury.

and the rehabilitation period.

were you complaining about the lad before the injury??

gees peace

he will (hopefully) come back the same player once he gets a full pre season under his belt

Yes I was.

He was abysmal for half a season and then "came onto a game".

Edu was crap for 2 games and then looked amazing.

KT is far too one paced to play at a decent level. His tackles are more suited for junior football and yes, quite possibly, the most overrated gers player in my lifetime.

If it wasnt for Broon, there would never have been the hype. They are both average SPL players, end of.

could not agree more no pace tackles like a 2 year old knackered after 20 mins even when he was fit never puts in a telling pass

what does he do another mcculloch as said already the most overrated player ever get him and his hibee pal whittaker to f""k

The most worrying aspect of Thomson's return is just how slow he looks.

agree comletely. A pint of milk turns quicker than Thommo just now.

He moves like he's wearing deep sea divers boots. I hope he can return to fitness & form, but it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Of all the players to start a thread about you pick Thomson? A player coming back from his second serious injury! I know he has a good few games now and should be starting to show some form, IMO in the last couple of league games he has been better. But seriously you have Whittaker, McCulloch and Miller to start??? But Thomson is the one to be singled out?

He has been found out this season for what he is - an ill tempered, very average footballer. I never bought into the whole "Kevin Thomson - the saviour of Rangers" thing that was present on this forum for the period that he was injured. He occupies the CM position while Davis is pushed out to the right to accomadate him - why? Playing Davis through the middle would benefit the team a lot more than playing Thomson.
here we fuckin go, another post slagging off one of our players! And one of the younger ones who hopefully will be there for another few years, i am sick of you bastards who, because you have written a few thousand posts more than me, think it gives you the god given right to slag whoever you like, even though most of you don't even go to the games. The guy is back from a serious injury and needs time, what he doesn't need is an arsehole like you on his back all the time, did you get on Ian Durrants back when he came back ?, you couldn't have or you wouldn't be here to tell the tale.

doh

:rolleyes:

some people simply cannot appreciate the severity of a cruciate ligament injury.

and the rehabilitation period.

were you complaining about the lad before the injury??

gees peace

he will (hopefully) come back the same player once he gets a full pre season under his belt

we were all heaping praise on him just before he was injured and missing him afterwards

real pity he hasn't made it back to his old form yet.

give the guy a break he has just came back from a serious knee injury and is clearly still not sharp.

if we had more options in midfield you would see thomson gradually building up his game time instead of being flung because of the lack of depth we have in midfield.

Came back too early IMO. Like mentioned above, his lack of pace is very worrying, he was never the quickest of players, but some players now go by him running backwards. Pace, or lack of it, is a major problem in ths current Rangers squad.

Back to Kevin Thomson; he's just back from his 2nd career threatening injury, he got through pre-season, and featured on a few occassions. A build up of fluid halted him a bit, and this season has been very stop start due to niggles and international's. Again, I think he was brought back too early, and his game show's that. It was alway's going to take him some time to get back up and running. Tomorrow, he will have played his 16th game of the season, it will be more if you include pre-season and a few bounce games, along with weekly training - it's time for him to start stepping it up. He's simply not doing enough at this moment in time, and I expect more from him. There have been some games in recent weeks where he has looked a bit better, there have been other's where he's been a waste of space. It can't be easy playing in that midfield, one that lack's balance, pace, creativity, support, organisation....there is absolutely no need to be playing both McCulloch and Thomson.

We need him, like everyone, to be on top of their game now, especially in the coming week's, so it's time for him to up it - if he's not capable, not pulling his weight, or struggling, then he should be dropped, and there are options!

This thread's laughable, an utter joke.

Thomson's performances this season, like a large section of our squad, have had me wanting to hurt kittens, but the orginal poster quite blatantly and obviously doesn't understand the extent of the injury in which Thomson had.

An awful, awful injury. I've studied human anatomy and, more so than any other, I feel for people who pick up this one. Until you're operated on, an ice pack is all that can slightly reduce the pain caused by the fact that a main and central ligament that's attatching your femur/patella to the tibia has had it's cunt well and truly kicked in.

Phil Jagielka cried when he picked up this sort of injury, that's the extent of it.

Pre-injury, Thomson was playing very, very well. I'd give him more than just under five months to regain that form, in his defence.

Good game today. Looked that bit sharper, knew what position he was playing, linked up well with Davis, kept it simple, broke up play, looked for the ball, and controlled the midfield.

No need for Lee McCulloch :)