Golf

kplfishtank

Got the first round in today, was ok apart from around the green a was brutal with not committing to the shot. Got a shot of my cousins Scotty Cameron putter he just bought, felt like I was using some sort of cheat club. The balance and feel etc was insane compared to my stock putter I got with my Wilson set. 

Going to invest in one, fancy the champions choice one for obvious reasons, does anyone know where to get one at the best price? It's the mallet type not the blade.

14 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Got the first round in today, was ok apart from around the green a was brutal with not committing to the shot. Got a shot of my cousins Scotty Cameron putter he just bought, felt like I was using some sort of cheat club. The balance and feel etc was insane compared to my stock putter I got with my Wilson set. 

Going to invest in one, fancy the champions choice one for obvious reasons, does anyone know where to get one at the best price? It's the mallet type not the blade.

Was a guy selling a used champions choice for £500 on gumtree so fuck knows what they are knew. 

I'm playing for the first time in months the day canny wait. 

• 3 weeks later...

Scotty Scheffler is some player. That was a fantastic 64 in the final round. First back-to-back winner of the Players in 50 years.

There are some fantastic golfers on the LIV tour, but I still think Scotty tops them had they played.

On 22/03/2024 at 18:18, Hamie said:

Out of interest, Does anyone watch LIV? 

The golf is good but everything else is garbage. The team format, the cringy commentary, the horrible on screen graphics, the music and the ignorance of the pga and dp tours. 

You can sense the cringe when the players try to kid on they care about how the crushers or the 4aces do as a team.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ready1873 said:

Speith, Koepka, Theegala and Kirk for Augusta 

Difficult to see anyone finishing above Scheffler with the form he is in right now. Bookies almost handing him the green jacket before first tee off.

7 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

Difficult to see anyone finishing above Scheffler with the form he is in right now. Bookies almost handing him the green jacket before first tee off.

He is a strong favourite for sure, mate, but there are so many excellent golfers that can win this.

I'm going with Scheffler, Connors, Schauffele, McIlroy and my leftie is Harmon. The course always seems to suit lefties.

As long as Koepka and DeChambeau are nowhere near the leaderboard, I will be happy. 

One of my favourite sporting events of the year.

Just now, bluenoz said:

He is a strong favourite for sure, mate, but there are so many excellent golfers that can win this.

I'm going with Scheffler, Connors, Schauffele, McIlroy and my leftie is Harmon. The course always seems to suit lefties.

As long as Koepka and DeChambeau are nowhere near the leaderboard, I will be happy. 

One of my favourite sporting events of the year.

Yeah,  the masters is my favourite major now, just love it. Of course in golf any number of players can win any title, but Scottie is hitting his best form at the perfect time and will be the force to beat in this one for sure. I have been putting my money on Schauffele for the last few tournaments without any joy. Did the same thing with Fowler and Mcllroy for years now with disappointment constantly. Can't see past Scheffler for this one though. 

9 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

The masters is messing my brain, Elderslie has been closed more than open and not played since season start. The masters makes me want to get out there 😩

Been out 5 times so far but not in a couple weeks, or this weekend by the looks of it. Next weekend looks like it's taking a turn for the better. 

Scottie Scheffler's iron play, especially Into the wind, is the best on the planet.

Nice to see Max Homa has started strong. He might have a chance.

Does Tiger not smile anymore? Can't stand him, never did.

Nobody else could go what Woods has done after being through what he's been through. Making the cut is a massive achievement.

Scheffler though is the best player in golf at the moment. Just seems to do everything well, without ever really being flashy or wow. So tidy and consistent.

7 hours ago, Badger said:

Nobody else could go what Woods has done after being through what he's been through. Making the cut is a massive achievement.

Scheffler though is the best player in golf at the moment. Just seems to do everything well, without ever really being flashy or wow. So tidy and consistent.

Should be noted that Tiger is now the all time record holder with 24 made cuts at the masters. Was previously tied on 23 with Fred Couples and Gary Player. Incredible numbers.

Edit:  Just checked and Jack Nicklaus has the record of most cuts with 37. 24 by Tiger is the most consecutive cuts record.    Didn't think he would have more than Nicklaus all in.

1 hour ago, BookWorm said:

Should be noted that Tiger is now the all time record holder with 24 made cuts at the masters. Was previously tied on 23 with Fred Couples and Gary Player. Incredible numbers.

Edit:  Just checked and Jack Nicklaus has the record of most cuts with 37. 24 by Tiger is the most consecutive cuts record.    Didn't think he would have more than Nicklaus all in.

He'll not beat Nicklaus record for most cuts. He'll not be fit to play in 13yrs. He will never have Nicklaus longevity.

You do wonder how many Tiger would have won if he had stayed injury free. He's essentially been a part time player since his mid 30s.

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but I think in terms of talent ceiling he's the best ever.